Planetary Online Multiplayer

4 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:20 PM

Since MWO is about planetary conquest, the online multiplayer system should give the players a space-traveling experience as if they were setting out to conquer the Inner Sphere. Therefore Star Systems, Jumpships, Dropships, and Warships should play a role for the planetary experience.This planetary mode exist before and after battle.

This is how each system works:

Star System
The Star System serves as a the main lobby for the planetary conquest of the Inner Sphere.The planets serve as game modes for the players.The layout is a 3D hexagonal map of the Inner Sphere with empty hexagons for movement and planets on hexagon for planet battles. If the player wins the planet, it will change into the color of their affiliation.

Droships
Dropships serve as the player's transport and grouping for other players. The movement is a click-and-point system. Based on the player's affiliation, they show the insignia of that faction.Optional features allows the player to paint and name their dropships just like BattleMechs.

Warships
Unlike the dropship they are A.I. controlled, meaning they can move individually without using the point-and-click system. If Warships are friendly they serve as banks and suppliers.For enemies,they serve as the guardians of the Inner Sphere borders and their own capitals, avoid Warships at all costs. However,if they manage to catch you they will take your inventory stripping you down to one mech and the weapons systems installed on it and deport you out of their border.In addition to being caught, they take a random amount of C-bills from you. For Merc Corps they serve as contractors and they won't hurt you unless if you work for another faction.

Jumpships
Jumpships transport you to another star system in case if the current one is too crowded.

Edited by Will9761, 31 May 2012 - 11:20 AM.

#2 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

I'd love to see this! Allowing Corps and Factions to work towards buying drop ships as their mobile base. letting them rent or down the road buy their own jump ships, and assets. Turning the meta-game into 'Battletech Risk' could be really fun, but you'd need to make sure people who don't want to engage in that have a way to do so. Many people will just want to 'shoot stuff'.

I do love the idea, in the case for Merc Corps being able to work their way from rags to riches. Being able to buy advanced assets, or annex a planet for themselves. Loads of exciting things down the road for this game though.

#3 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 31 May 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

I'd love to see this! Allowing Corps and Factions to work towards buying drop ships as their mobile base. letting them rent or down the road buy their own jump ships, and assets. Turning the meta-game into 'Battletech Risk' could be really fun, but you'd need to make sure people who don't want to engage in that have a way to do so. Many people will just want to 'shoot stuff'.

I do love the idea, in the case for Merc Corps being able to work their way from rags to riches. Being able to buy advanced assets, or annex a planet for themselves. Loads of exciting things down the road for this game though.

Thanks man, the instant combat idea will be noted.

#4 Mark Ender

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 31 May 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

going off of his idea for a rags to riches type thing, id like that alot. ho wever itd have to have some sort of ranking sysytem. so a 5-star unit cant just annilhate a 1 or 2 star unit. but keep that option for ambitious units open. play this type of thing alot like Solaris VII (game world)

#5 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Well in terms of Merc Corps anyway, there is already a system in place within Battletech! MRBC ratings. it takes everything into consideration, win / loss, equipment, the lot. Certainly we're going to see stats for all the factions. However, when we look to the Merc Corps I'd love to see say MRBC contributing to contract bidding and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users