118 replies to this topic

#101 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

Main reason is to support these guys. God I miss Mechwarrior! Oh and Devs, If this games sucks your getting junk punched! ;P

#102 Pook600

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I hope they give an option to snag a second Founders mech.

Itching for the Atlas and Hunchback.

I would be ok with them knocking my $80 in game cash to $50 to do that.

#103 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:10 PM

For me.
A: support the devs
B: it's free to play, i'd have gladly payed full price for this game if it wasn't, so why not support them instead.
C: incentive, Any "booster" or "special edition" that you pay extra has something that "no one" else does. It's like what, a one time offer getting these? more than worth it.
also i'm sure i'm not the only one to have been looking forward to a 'official' mechwarrior game for quite some time now.

Now if one day they started selling physical mech merchandise...

#104 Kale Cytair

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 112 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Because Battletech. That's why.

#105 nodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

The package sounds reasonable.
And supporting the MWOMercs development.

A T-shirt would be nice!

#106 GreyTemplar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Why buy it? Because I would have paid $60 for this game anyways!!

They didn't even need to sweeten the pot, but they did anyways. ^^

#107 I Kill Pigeons

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostRoss486, on 30 May 2012 - 06:57 AM, said:

I want to buy the elite founders for one of the cool Mech designs like the Hunchback or the Catapult. Second i also want to support PGI for making a battletech series comeback.

This has been said by a lot of people on this thread & I feel the exact same way. I want to support this project ( MWT as well) & hopefully BT/MW will see a resurgence over the next few years. It's worth the price of admission if the game's as good as it looks. Especially like that the devs respect the BT source & aren't just trying to make money off a known branding. I'm looking at you, Mechassault.

If there's a unique 'mech as a bonus, even better! :P

#108 Christojojo

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNiagara Falls, NY

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 30 May 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Everyone can BUY an Elite Founders Package. Don't be surprised when you see a "lot" of those "no one else has one'" types running around.

That might be true at first. Like th eEasy 1 tank (USA) in WoT. But after the first several months they are few and far between. A few bought them then sold them because they go tbored others just play others as time goes by better tanks are released/ readchable. I imagine that will happen here too.

#109 PirateLincoln

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 152 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, USA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

This thread is remarkably short on whining, and that makes me happy.

But yeah, this is a great deal, and you can bet I'm throwing money at them.

...unless they don't confirm the Enforcer.

Just kidding.

...maybe.

#110 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

i reaaally am curious as to what the founders mechs actually are, what class and what mechs? i must have missed the info on that

#111 StarSlayer40

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationClan Space

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:24 PM

I guess I am planning to get a Founder pack because in too many games before have I been playing through and then, 'stops to stare at other person's vehicle and/or item' "Man, too bad I wasn't around to get that (or, as this case would be, opted not to)"...
Not happening on the new Battletech game....I've always loved battlemechs since I first saw one :P (Although I couldn't tell you which 'mech was the first one i saw :P)

Besides, if this game died off, I'd have to go back to playing Mechwarrior 4 with people jumping over walls and hills with no other styles of combat, or WoT with its semi-odd playing system. I've also had to pay for every other battletech/mechwarrior product I've used, may as well pay a one time sum and then just have it for as long as it lasts once again, right? (Savoring every moment of it at that ;) )

#112 Zearoth

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Really... My answer to this has been posted by everyone here wantin' to suuport the game and it's makers. And you get a pretty sweet deal outa it.

#113 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostHighlandWolf, on 30 May 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

i reaaally am curious as to what the founders mechs actually are, what class and what mechs? i must have missed the info on that

Scroll to bottom of this LINK

You will see four mech's listed as operation inception MECH_NAME (1 from each weight class)

Jenner
Hunchback
Catapult
Atlas

Edited by Zynk, 30 May 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#114 Nintenja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Location2.375Mm over Texas

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

F2P Rule #1: Never sell anything for cash that increase a persons ability win that can't be earned in game.

If they don't follow the cardinal rule. They will fall before they get on their feet. I doubt they are that foolish. It is likely a custom skin that will never be resold after launch or somethin' like that.

#115 chup4c4br4

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

I have only one question:
Will they send T-shirt to Russia? )

about other content of packages

C-bill boost is very reasonable, 'cuz i can't play game for hours a day to make a little bills
Premium Mech is much more usefull to make biills for a next big gun or mech . I think the economic system will be pretty close to World of Tanks. (premium akk, premium mech and so on)

So....goodbuy my 60 bucks

Edited by chup4c4br4, 31 May 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#116 Tyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:54 AM

I'm unemployed. I'm setting aside what money I can for this >.>

Hopefully I'll be employed by then though XD

#117 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

I'll buy an elite pack to help support the game. Looking forward to getting a taste. ;)

#118 Alfred VonGunn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 30 May 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

I don't expect it to be a second starter mech, you're getting enough freebies already not to need starter mech + founder's mech.

The bonus cash alone is worth it

I don't know.. the writes imply the starter mech can be ANY of the 12 starter mechs.. While the FOunder seems to only be one of 4... I think we may see something like.. If your a FOunder once the game goes live you will get a C-bill bonus added to your acct(if we get to keep what we earned in Beta) to allow you to Buy another one or just bank it for later.. That would be the easiest way to handle it I think..

#119 HighlandWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostZynk, on 30 May 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

Scroll to bottom of this LINK

You will see four mech's listed as operation inception MECH_NAME (1 from each weight class)

Jenner
Hunchback
Catapult
Atlas

thank you very much

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users