39 replies to this topic

#1 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

When around every corner is a damn Medium mech that can go 115 KPH loaded with streak misses :)(

You can not be an effective scout without ECM yet only a handful of them have ECM. You get a streak medium on your arse and your toast unless you really have terrain on your side. It used to be your speed could get you out of most situations but not completely true anymore. They can keep up.

You try to be sneaky and get in the backfield and from 999 meters away another mech spots you and the red triangle goes up and you show on everyone's radar and they turn to nail you. I mean is it me or has the role of the light drastically been reduced and is continued to be reduced with the development of this game?

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Whats A Light Suppose To Do?

explode.

#3 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

yeah we do that quite well here recently unless your a spider and nothing can touch them bastages. Be kinda interesting for PGI to run a query and see which mech has the highest survivability in all matches. My C-bill would be on them.

#4 Hectortek

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationSpain - Valladolid

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

i'd like you all light mechs grow up and die like the stravags you are when I hit you with an 60 Alpha to your center torso , or maybe go to the floor when 3 lrm 15 are trying to hit you

Edited by Hectortek, 01 March 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#5 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

As one of those medium streakboats, I would suggest you just stand still when you see us and get it over with. No sense in prolonging the inevitable.

#6 Varent

• 2,393 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 01 March 2014 - 01:37 PM, said:

When around every corner is a damn Medium mech that can go 115 KPH loaded with streak misses :)(

To be honest. This is how its supposed to be, Light mechs can easily outmaneuver any other groups. I suggest you be carefull who you engage, stay away from the mediums.

Your not going to win them all and your not supposed to.

Edited by Varent, 01 March 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#7 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

#8 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

When around every corner is a damn Medium mech that can go 115 KPH loaded with streak misses :ph34r:(

Shoot their side torsos and watch them explode. Don't run from them, take them head on. :)

#9 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 March 2014 - 02:53 PM, said:

Shoot their side torsos and watch them explode. Don't run from them, take them head on. :)

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostVarent, on 01 March 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

You don't think a light mech can destroy the 40 points of armor on a mediums side torso faster than SSRMs can take out his legs, CT, RT, LT, and whatever else they randomly target? Thats 2 alphas from a Jenner F to kill a medium with an XL.

#11 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 March 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

You don't think a light mech can destroy the 40 points of armor on a mediums side torso faster than SSRMs can take out his legs, CT, RT, LT, and whatever else they randomly target? Thats 2 alphas from a Jenner F to kill a medium with an XL.

If you can always hit a single side toro with lasers and streaks yourself while they are running at you and circling, then by all means have at it. Make sure to make a video for the laugh real.

#12 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

View PostVarent, on 01 March 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

If you can always hit a single side toro with lasers and streaks yourself while they are running at you and circling, then by all means have at it. Make sure to make a video for the laugh real.

Sorry, I should have added the caveat "If you know how to aim and are not relying on SSRMs yourself".

#13 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostDavers, on 01 March 2014 - 03:15 PM, said:

Sorry, I should have added the caveat "If you know how to aim and are not relying on SSRMs yourself".

light mechs are not equiped to fight streak boats. Its just a fact. please dont encourage someone to run to there death c.c.

#14 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostVarent, on 01 March 2014 - 03:21 PM, said:

light mechs are not equiped to fight streak boats. Its just a fact. please dont encourage someone to run to there death c.c.

There are ways for any mech to fight any mech. Granted a light mech that doesn't have JJs will have a much harder time fighting a streak build, and will probably have to be a better pilot to do it. But a pilot who can aim will always beat a pilot who is relying on 'random die rolls' to do damage. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. :)

#15 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

I mean is it me or has the role of the light drastically been reduced and is continued to be reduced with the development of this game?

It's not you; the game is made for heavies and assaults, mediums and lights aren't really a consideration and have to settle for playing the heavy and assault game of trying to get the most damage, kills, and assists.

It's the only way to bring in the CB/XP.

So here's a tip from someone who's been running Commandos for the last 20 months or so: Fire on everyone. Make sure you get assists on as many kills as you can. Don't try to kill stuff if you instead can fire at someone you haven't fired on yet, but do try to steal a kill here and there; if nothing else you might get a Savior assist, and those things are gold.

Also, if you can, TAG, Narc, or UAV anything that looks even remotely like it has incoming indirect fire; the purpose isn't to help the LRM boat but to get a spotting assist, so do it even if you're shooting into the furball. Every bit helps.

#16 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

switch to a highlander :)

#17 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 01 March 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

yeah we do that quite well here recently unless your a spider and nothing can touch them bastages. Be kinda interesting for PGI to run a query and see which mech has the highest survivability in all matches. My C-bill would be on them.

They killed the spider when they increased the hitboxes outside the model frame. You really don't see anyone using them anymore.

#18 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 01 March 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

switch to a highlander :)

lol no :P

#19 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

Stay near the group if you are that worried. Try to tease the enemy into chasing you (it isn't hard, at least vs puggers :)) into a firing squad, then circle around for some sweet sweet unguarded flank.

#20 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, if you want this game to be easy, go buy an assault mech and be done.

If you want to stick with lights, learn to pick your battles. You in a light v anything with lots of streaks in open terrain? Not a battle you want, or at least, not one you're going to survive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users