#1 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

NOTE: I am not trying to sell them here, just get an idea for what kind of a price I could slap on them...

I am not sure I want to sell these... but am curious what people would possibly pay for it? I have no idea what kind of a collection like this should go for. I also have lots of other goodies as well.

Bottomline: I will only let go of it if I can get my new computer up and running, and get enough to finish funding the rebuild of my cars engine.

Below are pics of the collection, every printed BattleTech/MechWarrior/Dark Age english novel ever produced.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 OhGilPin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

I have no clue, but thats a nice collection you got there Draelren.

#3 Atlas3060

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 661 posts
  • LocationFederated Suns

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Lords of the Battlefield has a trading forum with a really great community dealing with these matters.
I think you could get a good estimate.

Bottomline: I will only let go of it if I can get my new computer up and running, and get enough to finish funding the rebuild of my cars engine.

That would depend on how much it takes to get these objectives completed.
All the novels are available in second hand book stores, Ebay, places like LoTB, and the majority of the Classic books are pdf on Battlecorps.
Though your collection is complete and looks like you've got original print covers of the earlier books, that's helpful. However you just have the Omnibus of the Jade Phoenix trilogy, I don't see the original books. The BoK and Warrior trilogies look like the reprints from the spines (God how do I know this?!). However I don't know if just those books will complete your goals.

Edited by Atlas3060, 21 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#4 Hoaers

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

I recently saw a large collects of BT/mechwarrior novels sell for 270 on ebay, its starting price was around 100 bucks. This was within the past two months.

#5 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:32 PM

No one has any ideas huh? lol

#6 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Bet you could trade it to a dev for beta access.

#7 Slystone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

I have everyone of them digitally.. And so do a few other people around here now. I think it will be hard to sell them.

I would gladly pass them along for a beta invite! LoL

Edited by Slystone, 26 May 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#8 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

I can't imagine it any of the books going for much. I, not too long ago, bought a bunch of BT books from Amazon. In almost all cases, the shipping far outclassed the cost of the actual book (Shipping for each book was about $4, while the book, fair condition, was $0.01). That wasn't the case for every one, though.

I would go through Amazon just looking at what the books go for there, at least for starters (not to sell them through amazon necessarily, but just for reference).

#9 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:03 AM

Well if you go and look up some of the older novels which I also have... you will find that the price exceeds $40.00+

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/0931787777

#10 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Well It really depends on who is Looking for the Novels. I have a few but I would Love to have the entire Collection. How Much I would be willing to spend I really don't know. 50-80? Maybe but Obviously you want to make some profit. Throw it on Ebay put a reserve for what you want and see how it goes

#11 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

I think the whole point of my question is being glossed over. I did not want suggestions to put it up, I was curious about what a complete collection like this would go for.

Not to sound rude, but if you don't know - I didn't need suggestions to just "throw it up" - I was looking for what the full collection could go for.

#12 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

100-120?

#13 Ryedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

if the collection is mint and has hardly any damage it could go for alot. i was just recently on amazon looking up a BT book and it was 100 at brand new condition. but i also just read that they would begin to re-print the BT novels again . but thats what it said in the 25 anniversery battletech boxset in the fiction section. im probably not a good appraiser but my advice would be to determine the condition of each article of your wonderful collection ( ill admit im jealous lol ) and to look it up on amazon to see what the same item of the same condition would sell for. that will give you a good idea of their value. but seeing how big your collection is that method will take you awile lol i hope you have a free weekend to that lol. i hope my advice helps. o and P.S. if i were you i would keep them unless you are in need of money in a bad way. what you have is a legacy sir a legacy of battletch and i salute you again i hope i helped

Edited by Ryedog, 31 May 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#14 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostRyedog, on 31 May 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

if the collection is mint and has hardly any damage it could go for alot. i was just recently on amazon looking up a BT book and it was 100 at brand new condition. but i also just read that they would begin to re-print the BT novels again . but thats what it said in the 25 anniversery battletech boxset in the fiction section. im probably not a good appraiser but my advice would be to determine the condition of each article of your wonderful collection ( ill admit im jealous lol ) and to look it up on amazon to see what the same item of the same condition would sell for. that will give you a good idea of their value. but seeing how big your collection is that method will take you awile lol i hope you have a free weekend to that lol. i hope my advice helps. o and P.S. if i were you i would keep them unless you are in need of money in a bad way. what you have is a legacy sir a legacy of battletch and i salute you again i hope i helped

haha, the biggest complaints I have right now is I need a new engine for my car. She has been down now for 10 months, and it is summer time. That means car meets, bbq's, and weekend cruises.

I do admit I have a second RX-7 to take to those bbqs and to drive, but it does not have the same feel as my other one.

I love BT to the core, but my car has to take priority.

I will try to look up on amazon and figure out how much the collection would be worth if I even went to the lowest priced book on there, and add them all up.

#15 Ryedog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:31 PM

nice. car repairs are important. but thats going to be a tuff choice to choose between. i dont envy your possition. so good luck my friend

Edited by Ryedog, 31 May 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#16 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Nice collection... If you have a couple of minutes, maybe you could pop into this thread http://mwomercs.com/...iverse-fiction/ and give me your opinions.

As to your question, probably not worth a lot of money, but might draw some interest as a collection. Unfortunately, probably not enough for the projects that you mentioned.

#17 Frisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 290 posts
  • LocationAustin TX

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

Blood of Kerensky Series is a must read and my personal favorite is Illusions of Victory. Unbelievable storyline based on Solaris.

When I collected my books the hardest books to find were the BoK series. I had to watch ebay for a while so I could finish the series. That was about 12-13 years ago, do we know if they're still publishing all the books?

Edited by Frisk, 31 May 2012 - 07:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users