3 replies to this topic

#1 Daneiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 490 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

I am starting that topic mainly because we saw really bad ECM suite in MW4 .I think the Guardian ECM Suite must be more like haw it was MW3 scrambling your sensors , targeting computer and the hud - http://www.sarna.net...rdian_ECM_Suite i sharing the link from sarna wiki .

#2 Rodney28021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationRural Western North Carolina

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think the ECM suite should prevent mechs within it from being locked on by any distance. If an enemy scout is within the ECM bubble then his targeting returns should not be making it back to rest of his team. ECM should blur the view of your mech at long distance to the enemy so they have hard time recognizing it. ECM cannot mask all heat, visual and vibration sensors. ECM will mask radar and radio sensors, maybe laser radar. You have to have have the Steath armor to completely mask the heat and visual. ECM will confuse the sensors seeing the mechs in ECM bubble enough so you cannot tell what kind or number of mechs there just know that there is a big blob target. Enemy mech that close with the ECM equiped mech would have to fire direct weapons at the visual mech shape. Missiles would not lock on. ECM should not effect enemy sensors ability to see the world.

Edited by Rodney28021, 31 May 2012 - 05:03 PM.

#3 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:43 PM

I don't mind the idea of implementing a BT style ECM system, that actively jams enemy sensors, but we'd need something else to function similar to how ECM in MW4 functioned though... Something that just made you not show up on radar systems, without necessarily jamming them up.

The problem with only having something which jams enemy radar in a short range bubble is that the enemy knows he's being jammed. He knows that an enemy mech is really freaking close to him, thus making it kind of anti-stealth.

It's similar to the jamming perk in Call of Duty... ended up being a terrible perk, because all it did was give away your location. If you were defending a location, and your radar got all fuzzy, all it did was tip you off that someone was trying to sneak up on you.

#4 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

Here is something that might interest you. At the bottom of the first post.
Dev Blog 2 - Information Warfare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users