Mech Commander 2 / MSN Zone shout out

6 replies to this topic

#1 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationStrike Cruiser: "Fury of Descent"

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

Mech Commander 2 had a tightly knit community on the MSN Zone full of its own Clan, House and Merc co wars. This is a... vain hope that the people I met so many years ago might recognize me.

If you played Mech Commander 2 on the MSN Zone be heard now!

I was Nova Colonel "Cobalt" of the Wolf Clan.

Is anyone out there? Flamberge? Cochise? Tycho? KillerDeath? ... Acer?(yeah even you Acer).

If anyone's out there I still talk to Loremaster Yuskay of the Smoke Jaguar Clan, I guarantee we'd kill to reminisce about the old days.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 07 November 2011 - 09:41 AM.

#2 Fury

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

I used to be part of the Mechcommander Gold MSN community. But wow... that was so long ago i'm not even sure what my name was...

#3 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

View PostFury, on 07 November 2011 - 12:33 AM, said:

I used to be part of the Mechcommander Gold MSN community. But wow... that was so long ago i'm not even sure what my name was...

I played MCG myself. MCG wasn't nearly as popular as just regular MC though, I don't know why, I thought Gold added a lot of variety.

It was a long time ago. That's why I made the thread, just to meet one of the old players again would be crazy.

#4 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

View PostPatriot, on 07 November 2011 - 12:41 AM, said:

Didn't play with a clan/house/merc unit, mostly just free for all with house-tech rules

Hah yeah we were all scrambling to recruit the general every day players like you. In fact that was my primary job in Wolf Clan, I ran the recruition program.

Ever since MWO was announced I have been trying to send out feelers to get a hold of the old MC2 crew. I'm thinking that if I keep trying I might get some results, could be wishful thinking though. It's possible we all moved onto other things and don't play Battletech anymore.

Edited by Miles Tails Prower, 07 November 2011 - 09:47 AM.

#5 Michael Bross

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

I played all the old MC games and MW3 under the StarLance gaming league. Can't exactly remember my names but I was with the Black Thorns in MC and Clan Star Adder in MW3.

#6 Miles Tails Prower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostMichael Bross, on 07 November 2011 - 09:48 AM, said:

I played all the old MC games and MW3 under the StarLance gaming league. Can't exactly remember my names but I was with the Black Thorns in MC and Clan Star Adder in MW3.

I'm not gonna lie, the old Mech Commander was hard! Once Smoke Jaguar stopped sending their bondsmen at you and you started fighting their trueborn it became a real fight! Of course the greater the risk fighting omni mechs were, the greater the chance for clan salvage.

I liked MC2 though, it was easier but more fun. The only thing I didn't like about MC2 is that it ended a little abruptly, I wished the game had more missions and scaled the mechs/equipment salvage a little slower so you didn't get the best stuff so quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users