To Dear Forumwarriors

38 replies to this topic

#21 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

I play and post at the same time. No ****, I actually play and post *at the same time*.

I need a cookie.

#22 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Mostly the point is people complaining about a patch or fix they haven't installed yet, or about features or maps they haven't tried yet. That sorta thing seems to be common practice here, unfortunately.

#23 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostInnovatorJ, on 21 March 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Is your ping 300 as well, Queenslander? :huh:

Generally about 270-280ms.

Thing is, you've come in here with a post somewhat badly worded. You accuse those on the forums of simply being forumwarriors.

Then you let drop you have 480 games on Steam.

Most of the people on these forums have clocked up a great many games in MWO. Some are huge fans of the Battletech tabletop, like me. Others are more computer gamers. You made a blanket assessment of how much they play, and judged them to be ill-informed to comment on the state of the game.

I admit, I suck at this game, I suck at all games. Still, I have mastered every mech except the current Jagermechs. I've seen a bit through all that. Others have also seen a great deal you may have missed while off playing all your other games.

Yes, we applaud PGI when it gets it right. Yes, we put our two cents in when we feel they are going the wrong way. That's participation, we are not in control, the Developers are. We simply want a better product at the end of it all.

#24 Naja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 21 March 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Yeah well it's like this. He's from Sydney, New South Wales. They're the closest thing we have to Americans here. :huh:

Heyyyy..... I'm living in Sydney at the moment =( Also, in Sydney we have a lot of Asian people who don't speak English very well. I'm studying engineering at University and there only 2 of us that are Australian born in many of my classes lol

#25 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 21 March 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Wow, I post a question and it get's jettisoned to the off topic forum, but a blatant "Feed the Trolls" post like this get's to circle the drain?

Thats because no one can figure out what the original post is about. Once it it translated it will be Jettisoned too.

#26 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I'm from Australia and I speak very well and I don't have a clue what he's talking about either.

480 games on steam suggests a very short attention span to me. Move along I think.

#27 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

480 games on Steam?

I don't think my last marriage lasted 480 days.

Talk about dedication. Does the sun burn your flesh off if you step outside?

#28 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I don't think that there have been 480 PC games worth playing.

#29 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

To Deer Forum Warriors:

#30 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

So,e of us peruse the forums at work and play at home. So we can multitask :huh:

#31 Biglead

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostVhetra, on 21 March 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Well if we're making sweeping generalizations, I could say all Golds are scrum who just wanted a pay-2-win option.

Of course that doesn't make it true, but I can still say it plain as you can spread your text-based ignorance.

ForumWarriors are necessary because they push the game in a good direction. Most of the "Forum Warrior"s I've seen have only gotten their panties in a bunch for a good cause. Look at consumables, for example. PGI was about to make a huge mistake and turn MWO into a P2W platform, but the forumwarriors managed to quell that. Or well, at least it's just pay to avoid grind now, more than pay to win. I still haven't used any of those atrocious coolant flushes.

The point here is that you're complaining about people who are here to help the game develop, which sounds like you simply want PGI to run around, un-guided, and turn this game into something awful.

Not to mention the idiotic, "You are not gamers" statement. I can't tell if you're simply trolling, or just that dimwitted. "Forum Warriors" Are simply passionate about a game which features a universe they've invested a lot of their time in. In fact, I'd say they're far more gamer than you casual scum who sit around asking for consumables and third person perspective.

Thanks Fanboi, You should probably shave that neckbeard this year.

-Because Im sure PGI has NO idea how to make this game and it would fail miserably if people like you didn't cry about everything. LoL, get over yourself.

Edited by Biglead, 21 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#32 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

So by your logic, no one that uses the forum is an actual "gamer"? Why would we even post for a game we didn't play? Or post for games if we didn't play games? And if gamers don't use the forum, then why even have the forum? Your logic dictates that the forum is basically pointless to have. But you're very obviously wrong. Just because I watch, read, or type about a subject, doesn't mean I don't do it myself or don't know anything about it.

Let me fix your illogical BS for you.
Games are for gamers and some gamers just like to use the forums of their games.

#33 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostBluten, on 21 March 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

So by your logic, no one that uses the forum is an actual "gamer"? Why would we even post for a game we didn't play? Or post for games if we didn't play games? And if gamers don't use the forum, then why even have the forum? Your logic dictates that the forum is basically pointless to have. But you're very obviously wrong. Just because I watch, read, or type about a subject, doesn't mean I don't do it myself or don't know anything about it.

Let me fix your illogical BS for you.
Games are for gamers and some gamers just like to use the forums of their games.

I would like this, but you beat me to it. :huh:

#34 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

View Postslide, on 21 March 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

I'm from Australia and I speak very well and I don't have a clue what he's talking about either.

480 games on steam suggests a very short attention span to me. Move along I think.

If you keep it up, you might eventually get as many as TotalBiscuit. :huh:

#35 StuntChicken007

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 11 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPushing Up Daisies

Posted 29 February 2020 - 06:55 AM

M.W. IP Renewed By PRI Games For Another 5 Years.
https://twitter.com/...467572253061126

Edited by StuntChicken007, 29 February 2020 - 06:56 AM.

#36 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 February 2020 - 07:28 AM

View PostStuntChicken007, on 29 February 2020 - 06:55 AM, said:

M.W. IP Renewed By PRI Games For Another 5 Years.
https://twitter.com/...467572253061126

You know you're replying to a thread that's 7 years old right?

#37 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 29 February 2020 - 08:09 PM

i wouldnt have time to play forumwarrior if the wait times were reasonable.

im certainly playing fewer games, i only put in 38 last season. according to jarls list projections i will be done with this game by season 45 barring any change from pgi that spikes my interest. maybe i need to axe mwo forums from my daily rounds. im not even sure i care enough about mc to show up for events (maybe today idk).

#38 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 02 March 2020 - 08:11 AM

Lets see, not a gamer huh. And now you have joined out ranks. Dude you have gone and reached a new level of "uncool." Good luck with that.

#39 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:45 PM

View PostAkhri Mala, on 29 February 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

You know you're replying to a thread that's 7 years old right?

i almost never check the dates, of course i never go deeper than the first page of posts either, i just kind of expect people not to nekro threads. dont nekro threads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users