Tallon J's Dragon Builds.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Tallon J

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • 15 posts
  • LocationT,CA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Ever since closed beta I've piloted the Dragon Battlemech. Recently I've noticed that my "brawler" build is beginning to catch on so I decided to share the exact specs of each build that I own ,each with its own individual play style. These three builds were created in Closed beta so I've made sure that these are truly optimized mech Builds.( note: this doesn't mean that you can't modify it.)

DRG-1N: The "Brawler" is meant to go behind enemy lines target missile boats or to get the enemies' attention. DO NOT engage head on!!! This is a very versatile Mech for flanking manuevers. It is very good for 1v1's against any weight class if you are superb at maneuvering. Oh and don't STOP MOVING.

Upgrades:-Endo Steel
-Double Heatsinks

Engine and Heatsinks:
Speed:-90.4 kph
-99.04 kph speed tweak

Armour:

Head:18
Center Torso:60
Center Rear Torso:20
Left Torso: 40
Left Rear Torso:16
Right Torso:40
Right Rear Torso:16
Left Arm:40
Right Arm:40
Left Leg:55
Right Leg:55

Weapons and Ammo Placement:

Head:NA
Center Torso: 2 SRM4s
Center Rear Torso:NA
Left Torso: 1 Medium Laser
Left Rear Torso:NA
Right Torso: 3 LBX Ammo 2SRM Ammo
Right Rear Torso:
Left Arm:1 Medium Laser
Right Arm:1 LBX AC-10
Left Leg:NA
Right Leg:NA

DRG-5N: The "Sniper" is a quick deployment sniper meant to take position early in the match. This variant is has fire support role so stay near your teammates. It can be good at defending itself at all ranges. Don't STOP MOVING from place to place.

-Double Heatsinks

Engine and Heatsinks:
Speed:-86.4 kph
-95.04 kph speed tweak

Armour:

Center Torso:NA
Left Torso: NA
Right Torso:5 Gauss Ammo
Right Rear Torso:NA
Left Arm: 1 ER Large Laser
Right Arm: 1 Gauss Rifle
Left Leg:NA
Right Leg:NA

DRG-1C: This "Heavy Scout" is meant for quick strafe runs at medium ranges. It is also good backing for lightmech Lances . This mech can brawl with any weight class just don't STOP MOVING.

-Double Heatsink

Engine and Heatsinks:360 XL with
Speed:-97.2 kph
-106.92 kph speed tweak

Armour:

Center Torso:NA
Left Torso:2 Medium Lasers
Right Torso:NA
Right Rear Torso:NA
Left Arm:2 Medium Lasers
Right Arm:10 LBX AC-10
Left Leg: 2 LBX Ammo
Right Leg: 1 LBX Ammo

Edited by Tallon J, 21 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

All of these builds leave it way undergunned IMO. If you are brining a heavy you need to have equivalent firepower.

You can argue for speed instead of the firepower, but even max engine Dragons are not agile enough to be difficult to hit. At best you get to scoot from cover to cover more effectivley, but the payload you are bringing just isnt enough to be a serious threat, making the flanking manuever less effective.

If LBX's were worth taking, it would be a different story, and Dragons would probably be way more attractive than they are now.

Have you tried XL300, Gauss, 4Mlas, SRM6 yet? I have yet to find a build that is more powerful/versatile than that, and ive tried everything under the sun.

Edited by Roughneck45, 22 March 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#3 KMCA

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth, Sol, Orion, Milky Way, Virgo

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 22 March 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

All of these builds leave it way undergunned IMO. If you are brining a heavy you need to have equivalent firepower.

You can argue for speed instead of the firepower, but even max engine Dragons are not agile enough to be difficult to hit. At best you get to scoot from cover to cover more effectivley, but the payload you are bringing just isnt enough to be a serious threat, making the flanking manuever less effective.

If LBX's were worth taking, it would be a different story, and Dragons would probably be way more attractive than they are now.

Have you tried XL300, Gauss, 4Mlas, SRM6 yet? I have yet to find a build that is more powerful/versatile than that, and ive tried everything under the sun.

The best thing to do is NOT think of a Dragon as a heavy, think of it as a well armored medium.

#4 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostKMCA, on 22 March 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

The best thing to do is NOT think of a Dragon as a heavy, think of it as a well armored medium.

People love that saying, but it is selling the mech short.

It can compete with the heavies, just have to build it to do so.

Although, its not really an issue anymore because they don't do the 1-1 weight matchmaking.

Edited by Roughneck45, 22 March 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#5 fyrebryan

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

FLAME AC20

ac/20, 4ml, std 300, FF, ES, DH, 40 alpha

with the ac/20 projectile speed so slow, probably use it at very short distances... more like a shotgun using slugs.

FLAME Shotty

LBX, 2ll, 2ml, xl335, ff, es, dh, 38 alpha

#6 Rusty Shackleferd

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

This is my workhorse Dragon. You can dish out at least 20+ points of dmg at any given range. As with most other dragons, don't stop moving. For this build in particular, look for quick pop shots.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e8985ff3060b80f

It is outfitted with:
1 PPC
1 ERPPC
2 Medium Lasers
1 AC2 with 1 ton ammo

Enjoy.

Edited by Rusty Shackleferd, 24 March 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#7 Cabreza

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:13 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...99616798924697f

1 Ultra AC/5
1 SRM 6 x1
2 Large Lasers
2 Medium Lasers
XL300

This is probably my favorite dragon build so far. The large lasers in the arm are incredibly deadly if you can keep them on target, the Ultra AC/5 provides great burst when it doesn't jam, and the medium lasers/SRM 6 give it some extra close range punch. If you have trouble juggling all the weapon systems or find it runs too hot for your liking then just pull out the SRM 6 and replace the ultra AC/5 with an AC/10 or LBX and heatsinks. Like all dragons use your speed to keep the engagement on your terms and to pick off weak mechs.

Edited by Cabreza, 24 March 2013 - 03:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users