Good Cicada M3 Build?

2 replies to this topic

#1 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

My next mech would be a Cicada, so im playing around with some loadouts. The XL 300 seems to be the best engine in terms of speed/weight. If you go faster you have even less tonnage than a Jenner/Raven. Since i have already Jenners on elite it wouldn't be that effective.

I thought about of this: CDA-3M

4x ML
1x AC5, 2t ammo
XL 300, 120 kph.

Best use of the ballistic slot imho. Less DPS than a UAC5 but jamm free. 2t of ammo seems a little less but its almost the same as a UAC5 with 3t. And for that i would need to drop down to a XL 270 and 109 kph.

Most build don't seem to use the ballistic slot, but than there is nothing a Jenner/Raven couldn't do better...

Is this a valid build, or am i missing something?

#2 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

I prefer dual LLas+2Mlas like this CDA-3M

I know it's slower but you can speed all you want, any 3L will keep hitting you with SSRMs and you'll never shake it off, so I prefer to mount it as a mid to short range brawler.. some sort of faster HBK 4P.

Ballistics have never been an option on this thing imho.. This because with either AC5 or UAC5 you need to keep facing or focusing on your target and you're not enough armored to do this, while with lasers you go, focus, run away, rinse and repeat.

#3 SodaFizz

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

G'day pete, Your build is fine if you want to be a sniper harasser, but i think you will find if you get into a skirmish with other lights, you will quickly find yourself in trouble with the med lasers and light armor.

This build which I call "Junebug"
<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=36&l=a2a5fbe97a2d062aa0270115aca3067fb4889824">CDA-3M</a>

I have taken away the ua5c and replaced the med lasers with 4 med pulse and a machine gun for extra crit-gasms. If you fire in smart groups you will be able to swoop in (ECM) and lay down the hurt on the legs, once the armor is stripped off, unload the mg, and you should see peoples ammo going off like bootleg fireworks.. Its an effective tactic and extremely frustrating, Also the ecm and speed will allow you to sneak up behind k2's and snipers and unload all 4 med pulses into the back which you should be able to do 2-3 salvos before they know whats going on.

Anyhow happy hunting mate...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users