Highly Efficient Tbt-5J

16 replies to this topic

#1 Grondoval

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hello,

I want to share my TBT-5J build with you. Its VERY heat-efficient and very fast. I just tested it on Tourmaline and you could blast away alpha strikes in very fast succession. I did 800 Damage with it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...95fa33e7758aa70

Ingame Heat-Efficiency = 1.28

#2 Spiketail Drake

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Swap an ML in the right arm for another ton of LRM ammo or dump the Artemis for the same. The LRM15 is the Big Punch and your longest range weapon. 1 ton of ammo for it isn't enough!

#3 Grondoval

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostSpiketail Drake, on 30 March 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Swap an ML in the right arm for another ton of LRM ammo or dump the Artemis for the same. The LRM15 is the Big Punch and your longest range weapon. 1 ton of ammo for it isn't enough!

I would agree when the old missile damage system would still be there. But with the new damage values one single LRM15 is only a backup weapon. You cant rely on the launcher doing all the damage alone.

Im used to play the TBT-7M and before the missile-hotfix I could do 700-900 Damage with Missiles only. Now im happy if i manage to make 400-500 with missiles AND lasers combined. So i choose to dump the LRMs in the second line and rely more on lasers.

#4 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

For a TBT-5J, I would recomend that you keep 1 Large and 4 Medium lasers, drop LRM15 and Artemis, fit an SRM6 + 1 ton of Ammo.

Fit 4 out of 5 jump jets and the remanig tonage/ crit space for DHS and armor. Then drive it like a Guillotine, GLT-3N/5M http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Guillotine

Edited by Neput Z34, 30 March 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#5 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

I reccomend replacing the LL with an ML and JJs/Ammo.

#6 Lyoncet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:00 PM

Man, you better pray you never take splash damage (or mis-aim damage) to your legs. Anyone finds out you have 20 armor there and your 300 XL engine won't be doing you much good at all.

You've also peeled armor from your side torsos, which are pretty big. Anyone who knows their variants (at least, those who haven't figured out your legs are an easy way to take you out of commission) will know that drilling a side torso is the quickest and easiest way of ending a 5J. Anything that does 10 damage hitting you in a rear side torso will completely strip its armor, which on a variant known for using XL engines is the equivalent of pasting a huge neon "SHOOT ME HERE" sign on your back.

I'd also say either downgrade the LRM 15, or find a way to add more ammo. If you're shooting for good heat efficiency with your lasers, and using LRMs as a backup plan, that's cool. But, you're dropping 9 tons on a backup weapon and ammo, when you could have more armor, or a bigger engine, or more heatsinks, or all of the above. Your 1 ton of ammo isn't going to last you long anyways, so you may as well free up some room by downgrading the launcher. And if you're going light on the ammo, you may as well go with a smaller launcher since you'll probably be running out regardless. Using an LRM 10A instead is only about .6 lower DPS, while giving you two tons for ammo/DHS and armor and keeping Artemis. It also lets you squeeze another Dual Heatsink into the right torso.

Just my 2 cents. But you know best what works for you. :huh:

#7 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

If I see you on the enemy team I'll be aiming for the legs :huh:

I'd go for a 280XL, more ammo and more armor.

Edited by Flapdrol, 30 March 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#8 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

8 tons for a single weapon with only one ton of ammo.
I stopped reading any further after I've seen that.

Well, at least I read until I saw that it has LRMs at all... :/

#9 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Funny, mine's both cooler and faster.
325xl, 5ml, ASRM6

#10 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

That mech honestly doesn't look very impressive, and HE at 1.25 is what I consider very good, I wouldn't say 1.28 as extremely cool though. It has too low armor, and the LRM-15 is worthless and it only has one ton of ammo anyway. I mean you'd be better off just taking it off honestly, especially in the current game.

I don't want to be a (blank), but its just not good. 800 damage, fine, do you know that after your 1 ton of ammo does 126 damage (plus splash, 150? 180?) it would take 88 seconds of continued fire to do that? And that doesn't count for heating up, which means that it would be very hard to do that consistently.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 30 March 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#11 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I have to agree, you have one of the jump-jet capable mediums... which are rare, you should be using them for maneuverability. My 5J is almost the same except I drop the LRM15 Art for an SRM6, a ton of ammo with jump-jets and more armour. It's then a frontline skirmisher with pinpoint laser alpha and crit seeking srm's. The jump-jets let you jump up/over/around any terrain or mech you're fighting.

#12 Grondoval

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

So, after many rounds i would say: it pretty much hits my spot of balance between armor, weapons and speed. I feel more comfortable if i can cause more damage before i get into brawling range. Plus LRMs have a psychological advantage to cause some pilots to move backwards rather panicky
  • I never got legged once or died because my side torsos were destroyed (probably luck :-) )
  • 12 Salvos of Artemis-LRM15 are more than enough to seriously cripple at least one heavy mech
  • The Large Laser has increased Range and does correspond well with the LRM at ranges beyond that of the ML

View PostWaddeHaddeDudeda, on 30 March 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

8 tons for a single weapon with only one ton of ammo.

It gets more damage done than an 12ton AC10 with at least 2 tons of ammunition. And I dont rely on the LRMs too much. I do most of my damage with the lasers.

#13 Lyoncet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostGrondoval, on 30 March 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

• I never got legged once or died because my side torsos were destroyed (probably luck :-) )

Sorry, but I find this very difficult to believe. How many games have you played? Because what you're saying is that you've literally never lost a leg or a side torso. Meaning 100% of your deaths came from being cored before you lost either 10-rear-armor side torso or your under-half-armored legs.

If that's somehow, against all odds, what happened, then, no. Not probably luck. 95% chance of luck, and 5% chance of bad enemies.

Edited by Lyoncet, 30 March 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#14 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostGrondoval, on 30 March 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

It gets more damage done than an 12ton AC10 with at least 2 tons of ammunition. And I dont rely on the LRMs too much. I do most of my damage with the lasers.

The damage output number is absolutely irrelevant since you actually can't focus the damage with guided missiles.
E.g.: 5 well placed AC 10 shots do actually more "real" damage than even 2 tons of LRM ammo.

Anyway, if you're successful with your config and enjoy it: more power to you!
Just don't expect that other people will think the same. ;)

#15 RedrumnCoke

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

I run something similar: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...95ea5e613651426

Mine has 9 less alpha damage but more armor, runs cooler, and still has 5 jump jets for maneuverability. It also has tag and 2 more tons lrm ammo. I play it as support and try to stay at the 270 meter range to hit with both lrms and lasers.

#16 Grondoval

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostLyoncet, on 30 March 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Sorry, but I find this very difficult to believe. How many games have you played? Because what you're saying is that you've literally never lost a leg or a side torso. Meaning 100% of your deaths came from being cored before you lost either 10-rear-armor side torso or your under-half-armored legs.

If that's somehow, against all odds, what happened, then, no. Not probably luck. 95% chance of luck, and 5% chance of bad enemies.

I played like 30 Games and i dont remember limping around once. Most deaths (by far) came from beeing cored in the front or back CT. Side Torsos were stripped a couple of times but the death ultimately came from a CT-Shot.

Its surprising to me but i think most of the poeple on my ELO-Level dont tend to shoot on legs. It also happens often that the enemy shifts its focus away on the heavier mechs.

View PostWaddeHaddeDudeda, on 30 March 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Anyway, if you're successful with your config and enjoy it: more power to you!
Just don't expect that other people will think the same. :lol:

Its ultimately just this! If the machine fits your preferences, you will deal a whole lot more damage.

#17 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

That may be true with some weapons, but not the Machine Gun, never. 4 of them is equal to a Medium Pulse laser in DPS alone and below it in everything else except heat. I mean most mechs can only get 4 max, and you'd be better off with 1 Medium Pulse? 2 are worse than 1 Small Laser, 3 worse than 1 Medium. You should re-evaluate your mech if you consider the Machine guns good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users