Moving to Medium subforum.

#42 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostNemytis, on 13 May 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I dropped a DHS out of the engine and replaced the SRM2's with Streak SRM2's seems to work pretty well.

Same here

#43 Gophergamer

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

This is the build I love and run "Swift Death", it's versatile for any of the current maps and gives a wide choice of tactics.

I run my X-5 with 300XL engine, almost full armor(shave a little off the arms since they don't get hit much anyways), 4 ML Lasers and 2 LRM-5+Artemis with 2 ton ammo and BAP. Make sure you have speed tweak.

Why LRM? The current Meta seems to favor medium/heavy's with AC20's and the LRMs allow me the range option to stay outside their firing range and support brawlers and harass. Even in close up fights, with the speed it's not hard to move just outside the 180 min range and fire the LRMs then close in with 4MLs. Also the LRM's allow you to "touch" many different enemy mechs so you get the assist bonus in exp and cash,

I usually chain fire the M Lasers for more precise control and better heat management when moving at full speed. The key is to do a constant stream of damage, dart in-and-out and survive towards the end of the match. Towards the end of the match LRM vollys, followed with 4 ML chain firing, usually will result in component destruction or sometimes just kill enemy mechs.

With Speed Tweek, you can scout, capture, Spot and almost match pace with all light mechs.

This is my cash grinding build and it's just pure drive-by fun. :)

Edited by Gophergamer, 16 July 2013 - 05:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users