What's is this two months premium account?

34 replies to this topic

#1 TowerDiver

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

(MONTREAL - May 22, 2012 - Calling all MechWarrior® fans! An exclusive MechWarrior Online™ Founder’s Program goes on sale June 19th. It will offer die-hard fans of this beloved franchise valuable benefits including: in-game currency, a custom BattleMech™ ("ELITE" level only), up to a two-month free premium account, a permanent "Founder’s Tag" and more. Dubbed "OPERATION INCEPTION," the Founder’s program gives fans a limited one-time chance to secure exclusive MechWarrior Online game content via two ranks:
$60 ELITE Founder's Package Includes:
  • Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
  • $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
  • Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
  • Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
  • Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts July 17th.)
Hey guys, I know this is a fee to play game, but what's this premium account? I know that you can spend $$ to get cool weapons/mechs/skins/etc... but what is given to a player who has this monthly membership?

In the third bullet, it says you earn XP and C-Bills faster(if you have the membership) but is that all it?

Edited by Lighthorn, 02 June 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#2 Gendou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Presumably you will pay a monthly fee in order to earn XP and C-Bills faster.

#3 Doxy

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Probably same as World of Tanks premium, you earn 50% more c-bills/xp per battle.

#4 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster <- you even answered your own question in your post... lol...

#5 BentLent98

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Wait, I thought they said mwo was free to play, not pay to win... Did I read it wrong?

#6 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Premium=Monthly Booster(Better sounding one)

View PostBentLent98, on 02 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Wait, I thought they said mwo was free to play, not pay to win... Did I read it wrong?

People are paying for some definite advantages, they will have a head start on all other players on release, obviously not P2W though.

#7 SyberSmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationOrbiting Reality

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Your paying to advance through your mech and character perk trees faster and to be able to afford better gear. BUT the gear will not be anything any one else can not buy so it is not P2W. If it were p2w, then you would be able to use cash to get gold gear that would have a significant advantage over other players. But the devs are determined to not let that happen.

#8 GuntherK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostBentLent98, on 02 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Earning xp and credits faster will make you get stuff faster. Not better.
There are no mech tiers like there is in World of Tanks. So an Atlas isnt necessarily better than a Jenner.

Someday people will understand that for a game to survive it has to make money, even if it is a f2p.

#9 Evilmincer

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location(USA)Calumet-MI

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

I run several of my own games as Free To Play. I make lots of money.
You do NOT need F2W money themes to make money. In the long run you would be shooting yourself in the foot.
When you got some pure gold account ******* running around killing everyone, making the game no fun.
No what I do is Pay 4 Vanity.

Such as....(suggested for your game)
Clothing, piercings, paint jobs, custom hangars, mechs, A different look to the guns with out changing the concept (damage board).
(Yes you can buy the mega mechs, but at the expense of -negative experience points. Meaning if you did that you wouldn't be able to play anything else until you earned all those points to play any others, or train up weaons and armor).

If this game goes P2W, I give it 6 months before it bellies up. People will call you fools and leave.
Just breathing P2W has already made me wonder If Im gonna play at all.

Edited by Evilmincer, 02 June 2012 - 11:14 AM.

#10 Gunfighter 11

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationwashington state

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

It is a good system and having a mech that is better off the bat... I give that two thumbs up. besides if its free to play cool and if you get other perks and you have to pay for it cool.. just hope they dont do what WoT did and not listen to the players that are making them rich wouldn't you agree..

#11 iloveMileyCyrus

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Ever play League of Legensd? They have booster packs. It doesn't make the game pay2win at all. Quit this nonsense, you're all being over dramatic.

#12 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

the devs have specifically said in some of the videos that "you cant buy skill" so you can pay money for the game but it wont give you an advantage on the field.

skill is gained/earned not bought

#13 Gunfighter 11

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Exactly

dont go off and get you panties in a wad just yet just cus they are selling specific packages dont mean its a bad thing k.. take deep breathe and wait and see..

i for one think ceratin pay packages are a benifit. and should be brought into the front.. but yes i agree that uber mechs arent going to make things fun wallet warriors will have a feild day with it.. lol but a semi leveled mech off the bat would be nice dont you think..

#14 Kazzamo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

As other have said it's an boost in progression speed. Not golden AC2 ammo that can ignore armor and one shot an Atlas.

#15 Gunfighter 11

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

yeah that would be some bs gold ammo is bad for game play i have learned that first hand... the crap sucks ****..

#16 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

The Founder's Mech will in no way, shape, or form, have any starting benefit over the free 'mechs that everyone else can buy (except for the obvious C-Bill booster apparatus).

That means they will NOT:
  • Start out "leveled" or "semi-leveled"
  • Have stronger weapons
  • Have more tonnage/hard-points/crit spaces
  • Be able to break Mechlab rules

Edited by Volthorne, 02 June 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#17 Gunfighter 11

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

and that is a good thing i went back and read it more clearly i am sorry if i miss spoke about the benifits i understand now MY BAd.. and ty for helping clear that up bro..

#18 Shapeshifter

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostVolthorne, on 02 June 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

The Founder's Mech will in no way, shape, or form, have any starting benefit over the free 'mechs that everyone else can buy (except for the obvious C-Bill booster apparatus).

That means they will NOT:
  • Start out "leveled" or "semi-leveled"
  • Have stronger weapons
  • Have more tonnage/hard-points/crit spaces
  • Be able to break Mechlab rules

They might end up being a different variant with a slightly different load out (to explain the different model), but that wouldn't change game balance either.

#19 Prophet of Entropy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 319 posts
  • LocationStar Kingdom of Manticore

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

but isnt making more money and xp mean your winning? even if you cant shoot worth a damn and die before do any damage????

#20 Boris5134

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Location-Classified-, Georgia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

In concept - it is a *booster* pack with a few pre-unlocked content for those that choose to drop $60 right in the door. It will allow for the accomodation of gaining possibly extra "salvage" (if they still use the salvage system), Experience (For Class / Individual Mech System Upgrades), and C-Bill bonuses as a "Premium Account". There are several F2P games, most of which I've played have been MMORPG's and not exactly a "FPS" so to speak - ish. Global Agenda is a good example on how this will work with the "Elite Agent" and "Booster" packs you can purchase to gain extra end mission loot, credits and tokens for every mission you undertake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users