Game Lock Up

9 replies to this topic

#1 Namida

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Lately I've been running into issues with my game locking up mid-match. The only way i've been able to exit the game when that happens is by killing the task. It seems to be related to missle fire near by but I can't say thats been the cause 100% of the time....anyone else experiencing the same issue?

#2 StainlessSR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 443 posts
  • LocationSunShine State

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

ok, first we need some info,
basic system specs cpu, mem, os version/32/64bit, graphics card model, graphics driver version. These things are needed to give others a point to start to offer advice.

#3 Namida

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Indeed, I could see how that would help....Intel I-7 2600k @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Geforce GTX 560 Ti: driver version 285.66, OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. This hasn't always been an issue...Only been happening for the last two patches maybe. I've only noticed it more as i've been playing my LRM heavy mech more.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Nvidia cards are currently having issues.

#5 unMourned

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Welcome to the problem! It's likely the memory leak issue. See the "memory leak" thread I just brought back into the conversation in this area.

#6 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I experience exactly the same issue at least 1-2 times a day.

Game freezes (very often when missiles are 'bout to impact) mid-game and on my Win8 Machine i can't even kill the task, i have to reboot the system.

View PostKoniving, on 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

Nvidia cards are currently having issues.

I have an AMD card and this particular issue occurs there too.

#7 PUNISHER68

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

All I see is devs under pressure from moron management to release a patch every two weeks.WHY? Release it once a month ffs.Alpha test the patches with part of the community.
I'm sure there are willing players out there for free.WTF is the matter with you guys?

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

View PostPUNISHER68, on 02 April 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

All I see is devs under pressure from moron management to release a patch every two weeks.WHY? Release it once a month ffs.Alpha test the patches with part of the community.
I'm sure there are willing players out there for free.WTF is the matter with you guys?

Well, we used to pressure them to patch faster. "You're not patching fast enough. This is broken. Why don't you do anything about it?" A month later, it gets fixed, but it wasn't fast enough.

Admittedly I think they should release fixes in one patch, and new content in another. They're doing new content and fixes in each.

#9 Namida

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thanks all. If this happens again I'll take a look at the memory usage.

#10 Namida

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

So this happend again today, I was shooting some LRMs at the same time I got hit with an AC 2. The game locked up....Task manager reporting that there's was still 9.1 GB of physical memory available. I wonder if this could be an issue with the game trying to queue up sound fx at the same time

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users