74 replies to this topic

#1 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

First off, these use AutoHotkey, and seem to work very well for me so far, but, in Windows 7, I have to "run as administrator" to get it to work.

The first one, fires off UAC5 (linked to 2) at 1100 ms intervals, never jamming (as long as you unbind the right mouse button to 2)

The second one chain fires AC2's so it's basically a machine gun barrage.

The third one toggles tag on and off without having to go into the user profile.

The last one uses the right mouse button to fire 2, since that is now decoupled.

Updates: all are toggled on/off by Mouse Button 4. I found this convenient in case I wanted to fire off the UAC5 faster, or sync the AC2's for better performance against lights (the suppression against slow things is worth it for the AC2, IMO)

; Legend
; Ctrl + Alt + Shift + LMB: UAC5, MB4 Toggles
; Ctrl + Alt + Shift + RMB: AC2, MB4 Toggles
; Ctrl + Alt + MB4: TAG
; Ctrl + Shift + MB4: Regular Fire
; MB4 Toggles
; MB5 Breaks All

#InstallMouseHook
#InstallKeybdHook
#IfWinActive MechWarrior Online

; Right mouse button now fires off 2 with an 1100 second delay, making UAC5 never jam. , activate with Control + Alt+ Shift + Left Mouse button. Button 5 breaks
+!^LButton::
SetKeyDelay 0, 50
Tog = 1
Loop, {
GetKeyState, state1, XButton2
if state1 = D
Break
GetKeyState, state2, XButton1
if state2 = D
{
EnvAdd, Tog, 1
Sleep 400
}

if Tog > 1
{
Tog = 0
}
if Tog = 1
{
GetKeyState, state, RButton
if state = D
{
Send {2}
Sleep 1100
}
}

if Tog = 0
{
if state = D
{
Send {2}
}
}

}
return

; Right mouse button now fires off 2, 4, 5, 6 with 125 msec between. This chain fires 4x AC2's., Activate with Control + Alt+ Shift + Right Mouse Button. Button 5 breaks.
+!^RButton::
SetKeyDelay 0, 50
Tog = 1
Loop, {
if state1 = D
Break
if state2 = D
{
EnvAdd, Tog, 1
Sleep 400
}

if Tog > 1
{
Tog = 0
}
if Tog = 1
{
if state = D
{
Send {2}
Sleep 125
}
if state = D
{
Send {4}
Sleep 125
}
if state = D
{
Send {5}
Sleep 125
}
if state = D
{
Send {6}
Sleep 125
}
}

if Tog = 0
{
if state = D
{
Send {3}
}
}
}
return

; Ctrl + Alt + Mouse button 4 now fires off tag continuousely. Hit mouse button 4 to toggle off. Hit Mouse button 5 to break
!^XButton1::
SetKeyDelay 0, 100
Tog = 1
Loop, {
if state2 = D
{
EnvAdd, Tog, 1
Sleep 400
}

if Tog > 1
{
Tog = 0
}
if Tog = 1
{
Send {6}
}
GetKeyState, state, XButton2
if state = D
Break

}
return

; Right mouse button now fires off "2", activate with Control + Shift + Mouse button 4. Hit Mouse button 5 to break
+^XButton1::
SetKeyDelay 0, 50
Loop, {

if state = D
Send {2}
if state1 = D
Break

}
return

Edited by ohtochooseaname, 07 April 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#2 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

1100 seconds interval would mean you would fire once per game. yes, that would dramatically decrease the odds of you getting a jam! :)

I'm guessing you meant 1100 mSec interval.

Looks like nice work on the scripts!

#3 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostCyBerkut, on 06 April 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

1100 seconds interval would mean you would fire once per game. yes, that would dramatically decrease the odds of you getting a jam! :(

I'm guessing you meant 1100 mSec interval.

Looks like nice work on the scripts!

yeah, ms ;) Also, see updates.

#4 Aqualo

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

I'm having an issue with the ac2.

The 4th ac/2 in groupe 6 keeps perma firing once I right click. Never stopping.

#5 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Every time i see scripts like this make my sad bcoz thos things can change a good game into a piece of crap... i know many not agree with me but IMAO ANY script its like cheat to me...

#6 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostAqualo, on 10 April 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

I'm having an issue with the ac2.

The 4th ac/2 in groupe 6 keeps perma firing once I right click. Never stopping.

I had this problem as well. You have your default.xml changed for tag toggle on. You need to find wp6 (well, weapon 6, not sure what the name is specifically right now) and turn the on release trigger back to 1 from 0.

#7 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostScarface1978, on 11 April 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Every time i see scripts like this make my sad bcoz thos things can change a good game into a piece of crap... i know many not agree with me but IMAO ANY script its like cheat to me...

Somewhat...some just fix things that are broken (like the ac2 chain fire). They are specifically not disallowed as far as changes we can make to the game (meaning they are not against terms of service). I'll agree that the UAC5 not jamming anymore seems a bit like cheating, but it does disable the bursting and double fires, so it's more of a trade off most of the time. IMO, that should be an available toggle in game anyway. I put my code up to the public so that more people will use it, they'll get statistical data saying the UAC5 is overpowered because people are using the code, then they'll implement their own toggle version, and nerf the fire rate. That's how I'm hoping this will end.

Edited by ohtochooseaname, 12 April 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#8 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

What do you mean "unbind the right mouse button to 2?" By default the right mouse button is 2.

#9 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yeah, if your RMB is attached to anything in MWO, it'll do whatever it's attached to, while also doing whatever the macro says. So, if you have the first macro running, and you hold down the RMB, it'll fire 2 constantly, instead of at at the 1100 msec delay.

#10 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

Why is it cheat ? Chain fire ac2 make them less effective because they spread damage like hell instead of focusing damage. And uac5 jamming is pretty easy to handle just wait for the reload sound.

#11 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostThoummim, on 15 April 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Why is it cheat ? Chain fire ac2 make them less effective because they spread damage like hell instead of focusing damage. And uac5 jamming is pretty easy to handle just wait for the reload sound.

The reload sound is actually quite a bit delayed from the actual time you can fire again.

#12 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I think most of the reload sounds are hard to hear in combat, and you are right the UAC reload sound is delayed. It's nice to be able to fire the damn thing without it jamming; in 3050 I'd hope the technology would exist that would let the mechwarrior fire a UAC at the 1.1 second reload rate and not have to run the risk of jamming in combat. That's a risk you couldn't take in real life.

#13 Weeble

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO.

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Scripts give guys with $20 keyboards the ability to do for free what guys with expensive gaming keyboards can already do. You could say it prevents P2W.

This message brought to you by my Corsair K90 Vengeance keyboard. :D

#14 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

I have stopped using the UAC5 script after ballistics HSR. There is a slight delay because it is looping over and over, looking for a key press. This delay is generally not noticeable, but it is sometimes appreciable.

#15 Straften

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 405 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

It isn't cheating, it's how it should already work. Why else would anyone ever buy a Jager-DD? This is what that mech does. This macro just allows you to do it until they devs make the game do it without macros.

#16 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

so u telling me using no jam UAC5 macro is OK ? i dont think so...

#17 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostScarface1978, on 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

The macro is permissible. It isn't doing anything that you could not do yourself with proper trigger control.

#18 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostScarface1978, on 29 April 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Yes .. this is what we are telling you.

Why? because the jam is only supposed to be able to happen when you purposely fire twice in one tic. What this macro is doing is firing once for each cycle, but it's an exact cycle.

The disadvantage? you can't fire twice in one cycle, which is one of the *abilities* of the UAC5, being able to, if lucky, pump out waaaaay more damage then the gun should ... with the penalty of jamming pretty dam quickly.

I don't run the macro, but I am thinking about something like it.

I run an Guass / UAC5 combo ... and I have them both in the same weapon group, so I press and hold the group and it fires off the Guass and the UAC5, then continues to fire the UAC5 ... sometimes I let up and then press again for some reason and sometimes I get an extra UAC5 and sometimes it jams. I don't wan the extra UAC5 round, I would rather it not be there ... I just want to the 1.1 second firing rate.

So, you are giving up the *double fire* ability, and in it's place is the ability for it to fire at the normal continuous rate (1.1 seconds vs the AC5 at 1.7 seconds).

Make sense now?

#19 Georgegad

• PipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostNinetyProof, on 01 May 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

.What this macro is doing is firing once for each cycle, but it's an exact cycle.

Which no human could ever do manually, so you are gaining a mechanical advantage over other players.

Given my understanding, that is practically the definition of cheating.

IMHO if you are going to start using macros to increase your skill you might as well add a few lines of code to keep the mech walking forward and firing at closest targets. Then you could just leave it running while you watched TV. After all, it wouldnt be doing anything you could not do yourself if you were actually at the keyboard.

#20 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostGeorgegad, on 02 May 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Which no human could ever do manually, so you are gaining a mechanical advantage over other players.

Nonsense. Drummers and bass players can keep accurate timing, even while adding in additional musical flourishes. It's hardly impossible. (Plus, there is a visual cue on the screen as the weapon cycles.)

Given my understanding, that is practically the definition of cheating.

Your understanding is flawed.

IMHO if you are going to start using macros to increase your skill you might as well add a few lines of code to keep the mech walking forward and firing at closest targets. Then you could just leave it running while you watched TV. After all, it wouldnt be doing anything you could not do yourself if you were actually at the keyboard.

Something that automatically targeted other mechs would be cheating.
Something you could leave running while you watched TV, or were otherwise not at your keyboard, would be cheating.

A script that interrupts your firing sequence, while you still have to maintain targeting, and holding of the appropriate fire button/key, is hardly in the same category. Tapping your fire key/button only once every 1.1 seconds is available to you manually via what the game itself provides. Automatically targeting mechs is not. Playing the game while you are not at your keyboard, by its very nature, is not manually available to you via what the game provides.

And no... I don't use any autohotkey scripts. I haven't even used any UAC5's since Open Beta started, IIRC. It doesn't bother me a bit if other people use that script with UAC5s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users