Uac5, Ac2, And Tag Autohotkey Macros

74 replies to this topic

#21 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is my autohotkey for TAG always on :)

#22 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

putting this here so someppl might reconsider using macroscripts

View PostNiko Snow, on 23 December 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Software that gives players an unfair and undue advantage, or otherwise exploits the game, are strictly prohibited.

Edited by Inkarnus, 02 May 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#23 Troggy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 213 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

This has been discussed ad infinitum, and this use case has been directly and specifically addressed by the developers.

On the 21st day of March, 2013, Viterbi - Staff Moderator for IGP said:

"Q: My mouse/keyboard came with macro software that lets me emulate a series of clicks or helps me with some process. Is this allowed?

A: Yes, using macros as provided by 3rd party hardware vendors is allowed. Though the use of any modifications to assist with aiming, aimbots, wall hacks, or any attempt to give information or tactical assistance that other players would not have by default, is a serious violation of our Terms of Use and any account found to be using such software will likely be suspended or banned."

In a Terms of Use - Q and A. It is available in all it's glory, here:

http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/

The long and short of it is:

Yes, using macros as provided by 3rd party hardware vendors is allowed.

Macros are allowed.

--
Troggy

View PostInkarnus, on 02 May 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

putting this here so someppl might reconsider using macroscripts

#24 Fire and Salt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

What I don't like about their explanation is that it says '3rd party hardware vendors'

So if I buy a mouse that has an auto fire, its OK? Yes.

What if I have the same exact thing but it didn't come with the mouse?

The logical answer would be yes, since its the same thing...

They should clarify that a tool that turns a keypress into multiple presses / holds a button is OK, but something that fires a similar sequence that's not initiated by a trigger is not OK.

An example of not OK would be a thing that detects the red missile lock, for example, and holds the trigger without you pressing a button. (Dunno why anyone would want that)

#25 ohtochooseaname

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:22 AM

View PostFire and Salt, on 03 May 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

They should clarify that a tool that turns a keypress into multiple presses / holds a button is OK, but something that fires a similar sequence that's not initiated by a trigger is not OK.

An example of not OK would be a thing that detects the red missile lock, for example, and holds the trigger without you pressing a button. (Dunno why anyone would want that)

This is correct. Think of it as any action taken by your macro program must be initiated by the user, and must not use any feedback whatsoever from the game itself. You could, for example, macro exact 180 turns, where you know your turn speed, and so you macro pushing "a" for an exact amount of time, which will turn you.and stop when it's done, as long as you have to decide to do it and push a button.

#26 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

It has been officially stated that using macros is allowed.

Players using macros is a proof of poor game design. There is a delay in chain fire mechanics that severely decreases DPS while using multiple fast firing weapons. A macro fixes that.

You should be able to fire UAC5 in "normal" mode, without a chance of jamming. Hold the button for single fire, tap to double fire.

TAG laser needs no ammo, and generates no heat. Many people would like to have it constantly turned on, just like missile bay doors.

#27 Kyraeus

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Side note: for all those who want to gripe about this from a canonical point of view, this is the sort of thing mech engineers would probably have to go into the onboard computer, and simply change some settings in the cycling of the ac's to fix. So if you're looking for real life (in game) equivalents, be disappointed.

The macro does basically the same thing as what you'd do to the fire control computer if the cannon had a jam issue (which it doesn't generally, thanks to proper engineering). It slows down the cyclic rate (thus lowering your throughput) to give you a more solid, no-jam weapon. Frankly, I would think most militaries would probably make the switch manually to do this on purpose. It's a fair tradeoff, and something they SHOULD implement an optional firing mode for, but probably simply don't wish to bother.

#28 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Unfortunately so,

though to be fair, PGI probably do have a LONG list of things that need to be fixed or implemented to begin with... so assuming they can be bothered to finally implement a function for UAC/5 rate of fire etc... it will probably be item no XXXX in their long list, with ETA to us measured in months.

Incidentally: real militaries generally do not employ weapons with rate of fire lower or higher than NECESSARY for the intended role, and make sure their weapon can fire reliably at this intended rate of fire under combat condition.

If they had weapons with rate of fire X, but it can't fire reliably at this rate of fire then militaries solution typically is to REPLACE the weapon as soon as possible with improved version that can fire at that rate reliably.

they will only slow the rate of fire down if it does fixes the reliability issue as a temporary measure at best while the improved version is worked on and brought into service since a military weapon fires at rate of fire X because they have determined X to be an optimal rate of fire for the weapon and it's intended purpose, they do not accept it firing at less rate nor faster without a good reasoning.

#29 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I should then actually use the macro keys on my G15 keyboard....

*looks at the left key column*

That and of course my G5 mouse...

#30 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Heh, I have G15 keyboard too and this thread made me think the exact same thing. I've only ever used those keys for desktop macros. Nice keyboard, tho. The illuminated keys are really what I bought it for.

#31 JSmith7784

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 139 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

Isn't the chain fire mode, built into the game, really just a poorly implemented macro? The macro people are making themselves just fixes the problem PGI hasn't had time to fix yet. I guess that's why I don't see it as cheating. I don't like going up against them, mostly cause it seems new and overly powerful, but it allows those weapons to be fired as intended. I do agree it takes some skill out of trigger control, but wasn't that what "chain fire" mode is for?

#32 vash021

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:15 AM

I have a question how do i exactly use a macro?

In all my gaming life i have never even tried using a macro
i have no idea how to use one

can you make a step by step tutorial?
im planning to buy an atlas and fit it with 2 uac5

thanks

#33 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

How to use a macro depends on what macro program exactly you are using.

The one mentioned by OP for example is through the use of a program called AutoHotkey

high end mouse and keyboard also have special keys with built in macro functionality that allows them to be programmable and they have their own syntax and method to engage the macro.

For AutoHotkey essentially all you do is run AutoHotkey or rather run the script that contains the codes that OP put in this thread, then run the game, AutoHotkey would then detect that you are running the Mechwarrior Online game and engage the script correctly when the command is pressed as mentioned in the instruction.

There are other macro software out there, many in fact and including the one built into high end mouse/kb.

Each of them usually have their own different syntax for the macro so the way to implement the macro differ on each, but they are generally really simple and straight forward... the commands are after all VERY BASIC, things like: wait 125ms, trigger button X, etc... and assuming one has the mental capacity to assemble a lego, not difficult to write a macro script of ur own.

Note:
For UAC/5 however as far as i know of, the macro no longer works because it seems the UAC/5 simply have a jam chance now that activates each time it's fired REGARDLESS if you fired a second shot afterwards or not. ie: you can jam with UAC/5 with just a SINGLE SHOT.

Someone correct me if i am mistaken.

The one for AC/2 however still works.

#34 James DeGriz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 374 posts
  • LocationRainham, Kent UK

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

One issue that does confuse me though is that I thought the main difference between the UAC5 and the AC5 was the fact that whilst one boasts a better RoF, this comes at the cost of potential jamming, which the player is able to get around with careful mouse clicking (in other words; better performance if you engage grey stuff, worse performance if you just want to hold the firebutton down), which, to my mind is fair and balanced. If you have this macro, doesn't it therefore remove the point of a standard AC5?

Honestly not trolling or saying "Y U USE MACROS U CHEETIN BADWORDS", just trying to understand how such a thing would be allowed, if it essentially makes a weapon obsolete for those who chose to use it.

#35 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

Except there doesn't seems to be a way to get around the potential jamming anymore with or without the script as the UAC/5 appears to simply jam at fixed rate on every shot taken, including the first shot.

And the advantage of AC/5 over UAC/5 similar to many of the other standard AC over it's UAC or LBX counterpart was supposed to be in their ammo selection anyway in the actual material which is not yet in other than the BV of course.

Either way though, it's basically PGI's mistake if a macro can do such a thing, since there's no practical reason why a player ought to do the step manually.

this is the same problem they did with UAC/5 jam clearing method last time... which of course was solved in the simplest manner possible like everyone said, ie: by simply automating it and not requiring players to do the dumb sequence to clear the jam in the first place that gave macro user an advantage.

I expect that eventually the other things in these macro will also be in the game normally like toggle for TAG laser which is brain numbingly simple and yet still not in the game and thus forcing player to use macro to assist for convenience, eventually the dev will have enough time or care enough to fix them but when that will be god knows.

Edited by Melcyna, 04 June 2013 - 04:31 AM.

#36 DireBloodWolf

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostScarface1978, on 11 April 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Every time i see scripts like this make my sad bcoz thos things can change a good game into a piece of crap... i know many not agree with me but IMAO ANY script its like cheat to me...

I think that scripts like this are a good test of weapon balance. Especially since AHK is free and easy to use. If the weapons are balanced well, scripts shouldn't make a major difference. I actually really like the idea of scripts and thought that they should incorporate firing sequence customization in the game. It adds a lot more customization to your mech and it feels cool to tweek how your mech fires. This way PGI provides us the out of the box version of the weapons (cooldowns, damage), but we get to tweek sequences and chains to suite our style. If you actually owned your mech, you or your mechanic would tweek the weapons to function how you needed and scripts provide that feel.

#37 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

I really hope none of you macro apologists whined about jump sniping.

Be honest now.

#38 SniperCzar

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

OP... you should really use the code tag for your script.

Like this - (6AC2 chainfire macro, use 80ms delay if you have the fast fire elite skill)

View PostSniperCzar, on 20 March 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

I made a 6AC2 build and quickly realized that the ingame chainfire is trash for what I wanted to do. After I got tired of raking my fingers across the number row while trying to aim in a firefight, I opened up AutoHotKey and came up with this...

#InstallMouseHook
#InstallKeyBDHook
MButton::
while GetKeyState("MButton","P")
{
  send {1 down}
  sleep 85
  send {1 up}
  send {2 down}
  sleep 85
  send {2 up}
  send {3 down}
  sleep 85
  send {3 up}
  send {4 down}
  sleep 85
  send {4 up}
  send {5 down}
  sleep 85
  send {5 up}
  send {6 down}
  sleep 85
  send {6 up}
}

Edited by SniperCzar, 05 June 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#39 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

This thread is bad and you should feel bad

Hi kids, do you like to play games on easy mode? Do you play games like Metro, Stalker, Unreal/UT, Crysis, Farcry on the lowest difficulty setting? Do you enable autoaim* when it's available in the options menu? Well.. do I have some good news for you my unskilled "gamer" friend:
Now available autohotkey!
*autoaim is not yet available, please look forward for it in the future

Disclaimer
It's not considered cheating because: 1 cheating is a grey area which you can alter from your point of view, 2 some hardware has macro's allready imbedded in them, 3 PGI can't do anything to stop it, 4 all humans have exceptionally well timing this just simplifies it. C'mon just try it for yourself.. repeat after me: Using macro's isn't cheating and makes the game fun.
Macro's is the easy mode of gaming... Real men (there are no girls on the internet :P) use their own skills even if they suck at it.

#40 Melcyna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 674 posts
  • LocationYuri Paradise

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

If the game design were any good, macro wouldn't have made a difference in the first place

The most disgusting part is that ppl actually had to use macro to get functionality that the game couldn't provide.

As it stands now UAC5 doesn't get any benefit that i can see from the macro as they now have an even jamming chance all around regardless of how fast you fire the weapon...

The AC/2 stack build however still gain an advantage because the chain fire built into the game are ******** and does not fire the weapon as fast as it could in sequence to take advantage of the refire rate of the weapons.

And naturally TAG toggle macro is still useful since we still don't have a toggle mode for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users