Trebuchet Tbt-7M Build And Gameplay Video

33 replies to this topic

#21 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

To me, I find absolutely zero appeal in running around as a walking stick. That's why I won't go out of my way to build mechs for that purpose. I find I do a LOT better and live a lot longer just building to balance around speed mobility and firepower as a whole. If I run faster, I avoid fire and live longer. If I punch harder, I drop targets faster - and thus get back to cover and live longer. You accomplish far more for your team by staying viable and in one piece through speed and mobility than by peeling your parts off and wandering around like a worm on a hook. If I really need to get your attention, all I need to do is alpha your back... Not drop my arms and start smoking.

#22 TruePoindexter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:14 AM

View PostBanky, on 26 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

To me, I find absolutely zero appeal in running around as a walking stick. That's why I won't go out of my way to build mechs for that purpose. I find I do a LOT better and live a lot longer just building to balance around speed mobility and firepower as a whole. If I run faster, I avoid fire and live longer. If I punch harder, I drop targets faster - and thus get back to cover and live longer. You accomplish far more for your team by staying viable and in one piece through speed and mobility than by peeling your parts off and wandering around like a worm on a hook. If I really need to get your attention, all I need to do is alpha your back... Not drop my arms and start smoking.

Haha well zombie mechs don't go in wanting to be a zombie :P. It's just nice to still be able to fight after losing both arms though. In the current meta this isn't nearly as common though.

#23 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Since brawling is pretty much dead my SRM6/3MLs/2Streaks with a 320XL suffered pretty badly.

I switched to a 2LLs/3Streaks with a 280XL to be my new BAP rig to prepare for the May 21st release (I have no intentions of mashing BAP into every mech I own).

Anyway several matches in, including a few Tourmaline Desert it handles heat well and has much more useful engagement ranges on the big maps.

#24 danneskold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 124 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

I am newer player - but it seems that you help yourself a bit in the meds if you have an element of range and speed - to be universal. A 4P cant really do that, and be very viable, but it doesnt really have as much speed either - you have to drive it better. I like the treb hull for its universal ability - has speed and firepower, and I usually try to have some kind of range on it to be able to hit until I close up rank.

#25 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:32 PM

I use the same build with 300XL and full JJ's. Combined with elite efficiencies this build becomes a Spider on steroids, very annoying if you're good at JJ'ing all over the place. I love it.

I just feel guilty of abusing the streaks; this build eats lights, cicadas, cataphracts, highlanders, catapults and jagers for breakfast :D

EDIT: So I metagame'd this build and came up with a 1xPPC, 2xML, 3xSSRM2 build. It runs cooler, hits harder and can fight at any range.

Edited by Tahribator, 14 May 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#26 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostRyebear, on 10 May 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Since brawling is pretty much dead my SRM6/3MLs/2Streaks with a 320XL suffered pretty badly.

I switched to a 2LLs/3Streaks with a 280XL to be my new BAP rig to prepare for the May 21st release (I have no intentions of mashing BAP into every mech I own).

Anyway several matches in, including a few Tourmaline Desert it handles heat well and has much more useful engagement ranges on the big maps.

Great! Glad to hear it's working for you!

View Postdanneskold, on 10 May 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

I am newer player - but it seems that you help yourself a bit in the meds if you have an element of range and speed - to be universal. A 4P cant really do that, and be very viable, but it doesnt really have as much speed either - you have to drive it better. I like the treb hull for its universal ability - has speed and firepower, and I usually try to have some kind of range on it to be able to hit until I close up rank.

Well right now mediums are suffering a bit due to the sheer amount of burst running around. Once that cools down and we shift away from it they'll come back into their own again.

View PostTahribator, on 13 May 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

I use the same build with 300XL and full JJ's. Combined with elite efficiencies this build becomes a Spider on steroids, very annoying if you're good at JJ'ing all over the place. I love it.

I just feel guilty of abusing the streaks; this build eats lights, cicadas, cataphracts, highlanders, catapults and jagers for breakfast :P

EDIT: So I metagame'd this build and came up with a 1xPPC, 2xML, 3xSSRM2 build. It runs cooler, hits harder and can fight at any range.

Cool! That seems like a very viable mod. Glad it's working for you!

#27 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

I love how positive your comment is! This forum has been lacking kindness lately.

#28 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostRyebear, on 14 May 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

I love how positive your comment is! This forum has been lacking kindness lately.

Thanks!

Sadly I fear it's part of human nature to be nastier when they are afforded anonymity. It's disappointing because I know for a fact that most of the people would be awesome in person. I think one of the most poignant posts was Willie Sauerland's comment that we shouldn't forget that behind every screen name is a real human. You don't know what's going on in their lives right now so give them the benefit of the doubt.

I may expect too much of humanity but it keeps me sane and hopeful.

Edited by TruePoindexter, 15 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#29 Panimu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

2x Large Laser = 4.24 DPS and 3.3 HPS for 4 slots and 10 tons

3x Medium Laser = 3.75 DPS and 3.0 HPS for 3 slots and 3 tons

Hence I think you can add 45 engine rating and 2 heatsinks: TBT-7M

#30 Ryebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

I sacrificed speed for range, putting 36, damage on an incoming version of your treb before they can get into range turns the tide of that battle, and when battling lights, being able to punch that hard as they are retreating is better than having to chase them to stay in range to finish them off.

Basically after playing a couple months of a 3 ML, 2 Streak, 1 SRM 6 build, I was doing great with it at first until Alpine/Tourmaline and the rise of PPC and LL packed builds made exclusively mid-low range mechs much more likely to get popped without being able to properly fight back.

But the 3 ML 3 Streak build has its place and is incredibly potent if you get the chance to use it (I'm talking soloing an Atlas while distracting a Catapult effective). The fast engine of your treb gives great speed and handling and the trebs superior vertical view distance make flying over people heads raining pain sooooo satisfying.

#31 Xhypros

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

I've been a fan of the 2xLL, 3xSSRM 7M for several months now, thanks TP! The sheer speed and maneuverability of it makes for exhilarating gameplay and I am comfortable soloing any mech I come across by simply jumping around and confusing them while picking them apart - the tricky part is finding them alone.

In light of the latest patch, I tried to incorporate a BAP and an AMS into my favourite mech and I've been riding around like this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e8848037075fec3

It's built for sustainability:
  • really heat efficient - while it might seem excessive, it is really useful and can keep damage up on any map while seeing enemies shutting down constantly.
  • max armor - if played right, can escape most unfavorable situations intact
  • lots of ammo - keep SSRM's going forever (BAP helps a lot here)
  • AMS - mitigate the LRM-fest (do not get caught in the open though)
I've been having lots of fun with it, mainly hit and run style or catching targets alone - a LOT of lrm-boats try to sneak somewhere alone and fire with impunity. With the speed of this thing (107 with tweak), I'll just run at them and rip them apart.

With intelligent playing, it will last to the end of the match and can take down anything sent after it (just not several at once).

The build is still not perfect, though.. I've got an unused ton with which I can't decide what to do, as the slots are full. I really don't need more ammo.

Any pointers?

Edited by Xhypros, 23 May 2013 - 01:04 AM.

#32 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Xhypros, I'd dump 1 JJ and AMS and shave 1 pt of armor off each leg. Then upgrade the engine to an XL320 (~114kph).

#33 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

View PostMadPanda, on 06 April 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

Surprisingly agile thing. I might give my trebuches another try. Although the blueness reveals those aren't that recent games. Have you played after streak nerf? And how often you get your side torso blown off?

I'd recommend you mount a 325xl in a 7m if at all possible, but they're one of the best mediums in the game right now.

The Treb 3C is arguably better than the Cent 9D at it's role, if you like agility, too.

Edited by Victor Morson, 25 May 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#34 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

I was looking at using the black jack as my first Mech but you have changed my mind with that Video!
I was a huge Chimera pilot back in the day this looks like the perfect answer to that build.
BTW I was a GatorHound pilot in Chromehounds!

BTW are you using a mouse, a joystick or both?

Edited by FEK315, 17 June 2013 - 08:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users