#1 Ebins

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

Hi, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, but I'm having some issues with a new mouse I bought. I purchased an Orange MOUC111NB as I'm on a somewhat tight budget and it looked like the best bang for the buck. I purchased it specifically for MWO as all I've been using up to this point was a two button mouse. I am running Windows 10. Yes, I know this is an OS with issues. I took the free upgrade option in August, because once again, I'm on a tight budget and felt this was better to do than to pay $100 later on once it was out of testing. Unfortunately, I can no longer downgrade back to Windows 7 and if I do a fresh install I'll lose everyone (pictures, files, game saves). This is something I really do not want to do.

Anyway, the game is not recognizing the mouse as having more than two buttons. I went into the device settings for the mouse and it is only recognizing it as a generic two button mouse. However, when I click on the extra buttons while browsing the web or what ever, they seem to have some effects.

I've never owned a mouse with more than two buttons before and I have no clue as to what is going on. The mouse did not come with a driver disc, and I've scoured the web looking for drivers to download. There aren't any.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on, and if so, how to fix this issue? I'm at a complete loss and I'm tired of only using two weapon groups in game Posted Image

Thanks for any responses!

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

The current version of Win10 (just checked mine) may not show it as anything else but a two button mouse, but if the buttons on the side that does the forward/back on a webpage, it is working. It is likely running it like a generic 5 button mouse.

In game, how exactly do you know that the is not recognizing the other buttons? I ask cause by default you should not have to change anything to fire at least group 3 (which is considered Mouse button 4). Did you try to use the mouse, say in the testing grounds before attempting to make any changes to the game control settings?

First, game, settings, keyboard. NEW CONTROL LAYOUT, nice!!.. Anyway, scroll down to Weapon section.

.....................................Key Map.....Alt Key Map
Fire Weapon Group 1.......1..........Mouse 1
Fire Weapon Group 2.......2..........Mouse 2
Fire Weapon Group 3.......3..........Mouse 4 (3rdpty mouse software, tis listed as Back (back a browser page))
Fire Weapon Group 4.......4...........Mouse 5 (""" this is listed as Forward (forward a browser page))
Mouse 3 is the scroll wheel (zoom stuff)

If you changed anything on the 2nd column (Key Map), change it back to match the above. Use the Number keys above the letters, not the keypad itself.

On the Alt Key Map, click fast so it will allow you to change the M4/M5. You may try to press button 4/5 firmly to be recognized.

https://www.highrez....ttoncontrol.htm

http://realityripple.../Mouse_Manager/

3rd party mouse managers that will allow you to change how those buttons behave.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 March 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 12 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Check your computer contact points where you plug your mouse in. May need a quick cleaning. Or you could take the mouse back to the store, and get your money back.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:29 PM

You ask mods to move this to the workaround or hardware subforum. May get more hits.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 12 March 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#5 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:22 PM

Moving to Hardware and Accessories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users