My Trebuchets! Thoughts? Opinions?

1 reply to this topic

#1 SirGoose

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

So I've been playing around with trenchbuckets for a while now since I decided to build up the mech xp trees. What do you guys think of my builds?

TBT-5J
3 Medium Lasers
2 PPC's
1 SRM 6 (1 ton of ammo)

12 Double Heat Sinks
5 Jump Jets
Endo-steel Structure
304 Armor Points
XL Engine 250

Though this build isn't mine, I found it in a forum post here but the name of the poster escapes me, it's an extremely effective medium range mech. The added medium lasers and srm 6 are great for surprising the enemy that would like to abuse the minimum range of the PPC.

TBT-7K
1 AC/20 (3 tons of ammo)
2 Medium Lasers
2 Streak SRM 2's (1 ton of ammo)

12 Heat Sinks
Endo-steel Structure
288 Armor Points
Standard Engine 200

A close range brawler, this mech shines in close range engagements especially when supported by teammates, thusly leaving the ac/20 to do its full effect. The medium lasers and streaks simply supplement the close range ability of the mech, however if I had better aim I'd use srm's instead of the streaks.

TBT-7M
1 Large Pulse Laser
2 Medium Pulse Lasers
1 SRM 6 (2 tons of ammo)
1 SRM 4

15 Double Heat Sinks
4 Jump Jets
Endo-steel Structure
320 Armor Points
XL Engine 250

To be honest I have had little to no ideas of what to do with this variant. Since LRM's in the current state of the game are nearly useless, I've turned this mech into an odd close range brawler mech. Although I've had success with this mech, it's still pretty funky to me.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

I would change the Mplas on your 7M to Mlas as they work with well with Large Pulse lasers. You would be underweight but could just live with it or install a heavier engine. As an experiment try swapping out the SRM10 for 3xSSRM2 and see how that works.

Edited by Spheroid, 10 April 2013 - 08:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users