Hunchback 4P Ppc/ Small Laser Build

7 replies to this topic

#1 Chalkman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

So I've been using a two PPC/ 7 small laser Hunchback 4P. The PPCs cover range and the small lasers take race of anything close by. I wanted to run it by the forums to see if anyone had any thoughts.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...774d6a27401e76b

The weapon groups are 2 PPCs in group 1, 7 small lasers in group 2, and chain fired PPCs in group 3.
It looks like it run hot, but if you fire only one group at a time, you get pretty good heat efficiencies. check the weaponlab in smurfy to get the actual numbers with perks and whatnot.

Thanks for any feedback.

#2 Blue Frog

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWhere You Least Expect...

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

The main thing is if you're satisfied. What kind of scores are you getting? If you are happy, then it's a winner.

#3 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Seems good to me.
Maybe you can put one of the PPC in the left arm. So you have one if our hunch is blown off. But sniping is more harder with the arms. Must give it a try if it fits our playstile.

If you are fine with it, keep it.

#4 Jeremy Wade

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:37 AM

Why not put the PPCs in the arms? Everyone is going to aim at the hunch anyway, at least you'll still have your left arm PPC if the hunch is blown off.

Also if you do that you then have all the small lasers locked to the torso reticule, helping you land them all on target in a brawl without having to worry about lining up the arm and torso reticules first.

Double also, the PPCs in the arms will have an insane amount of vertical angle compared to the torso, ideal for repelling people on caustic valley and alpine if they breach a ridge above you.

#5 Chalkman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:08 AM

I tried the PPCs in the arms, and it made them ineffective as a sniping weapon, because you have to crest all the way over a hill to fire them. When they are in the hunch, you can just poke out above the top of a hill, or around the side of a building and fire without having to completely expose yourself.

The vertical angle deal is something to consider, but I find that the benefits of reduced exposure make up for the lack of usage on hills

Also, if you torso twist correctly, you can use up the majority of your armor before actually losing the hunch. The Hunchback's torso twist is so great specifically so that you can turn your back to the enemy to absorb fire before bringing your main gun to bear while keeping your legs moving in the same direction.

And yes, I use the arm lock on this build, because it keeps all the small lasers together.

#6 eleusis

Rookie

• The Raider
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

I did something like that with large lasers found it much more heat friendly and a lot more accurate at medium and short ranges took the tonnage from the ppc's in the engine should try it

#7 EyeOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

I've run a similar setup. However I would recommend a few changes. I posted the link below. I would downgrade the engine to a Std 225, which with speed tweak will get you very close to what the Std 260 gave you. Then 1 removed two small lasers and replaces the Ferro with Standard Armor.

With that change I was able to add 4 heat sinks and 1 small laser back. So what you get is a very minor reduction in firepower with your lasers, some increase heat dissipation and with speed tweak a loss of about 4kph.

HBK-4P

Edited by EyeOne, 15 April 2013 - 10:10 AM.

#8 Chalkman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

But if you have your Hunchback's mastered, the cooling efficiency is fine on both of the designs. Your design has 56% heat efficiency with just the PPCs, mine has 49%. That is difference sure, but I find that anything over 45% is cool enough.

And with speed tweak yours moves 80.2, mine moves 92.7. That is fairly significant.

But yeah, your design works fine too, if it suits your play-style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users