Premium Worth It?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha087

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Contemplating purchasing some Premium time with my next bit of MC. Does anyone who has purchased it previously think the boost to C-Bills/Xp is worth it? Or am I better off just buying mechs directly via MC? Keep in mind I'm looking at about 4-5 mechs that I hope to eventually own.

#2 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

Depends on how much you plan to play during the given time frame. I would say in general premium time is better for active players. Those in school,work, or have more real life obligations would be better served buying mechs they want with MC and others with the C-Bills they gain through playing.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Absolutely. I have bought Premium time often. It is also best to wait till Friday to see if there is a Extra XP weekend first though. Premium on top of XP boost weekends make grinding a breeze.

#4 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostAlpha087, on 16 April 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Contemplating purchasing some Premium time with my next bit of MC. Does anyone who has purchased it previously think the boost to C-Bills/Xp is worth it? Or am I better off just buying mechs directly via MC? Keep in mind I'm looking at about 4-5 mechs that I hope to eventually own.

I buy it just because I have the cash to spare and it saves me some time grinding. If I was playing every single day, I'd be less likely to buy it.

I don't like the idea of buying mechs because it feels like cheating to me. Premium time is different because you still have to earn your CBills. With MC, you are literally just buying the reward. I bought the Heavy metal simply because it allowed me to play a Highlander before it's official release.

#5 Aklor

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:01 AM

Premium comes out to $15/month. If you buy your mechs with MC, you are spending A LOT more.

The way I look at it is, I'll spend MC on mech bays and decent hero mechs only. Mechs that cost c-bills, I will grind and buy with c-bills. Paint jobs? PGI is a lil bonkers charging as much as they do imo.

TL;DR I'd only spend MC on decent hero mechs/mech bays, premium isn't bad, it could be better. Depends on how long you wanna grind. 50% faster or 50% slower.

#6 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

It's not 50% of you total XP and CB income. It's 50% of some base value without salvage or something. For me it's more like 30% of total when it comes to CB. More when to XP. But it does make the CB loss of a loss almost go away.

Buy only if you intend to play much but don't do it first week after a patch. And don't expect it to decrease grind much.

#7 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

If you're leveling stuff you have a bad time getting kills in, shore; Any other time? Na …

#8 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:14 PM

For me... It's worth it when I'm going to put in more than 4 hours of play in.

#9 Wizard Steve

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

I bought 360 days during the first MC sale on top of the 90 I got with my Founder's pack. I don't regret it for a minute.

#10 Zphyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yes, if you have the money. Buying mechs is not hard (I would save the MC for hero mechs and not regular mechs), but upgrading them may be troublesome due to the slow XP earning (specially GXP).

If possible try to use premium in conjunction with some XP boost weekend... its absolutely crazy the amount of XP you can earn per match, even for average ones (a couple thousand).

#11 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

absolutely worth it. More CB's = more mechs to purchase. Since there aren't a lot of maps or play modes yet, different mechs are the only way to keep the game fresh. I had to end up spending 50mil CBs on 3 jagers just to find builds I finally ended up liking to play. Clans aren't too far away and then CBs will be *really* tight so might as well save up now for them, or purchase various mechs now.

#12 Source Control

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 115 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSTOP THE WHINING

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

If you play a few matches a day like me, it helps to get extra income and XP and save you from having to wait forever to buy that fancy engine you've always wanted. If you play a lot, then it's VERY worth it. In short: YES!

#13 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostLT Satisfactory, on 16 April 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

absolutely worth it. More CB's = more mechs to purchase. Since there aren't a lot of maps or play modes yet, different mechs are the only way to keep the game fresh. I had to end up spending 50mil CBs on 3 jagers just to find builds I finally ended up liking to play. Clans aren't too far away and then CBs will be *really* tight so might as well save up now for them, or purchase various mechs now.

Not only is it more Mechs but more C-Bills is also the difference between driving a stock variant for awhile, upgrading it piecemeal as you get more, or customizing it all at once.

#14 BoydofZINJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

If you are low on c-bills and exp and plan on playing allot of MechWarrior Online... then @*#& yes it is worth it.

Edited by Boydsan, 16 April 2013 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users