7 replies to this topic

#1 Firesteel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Deep Underground Near a Volcano

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

I've been messing with my Ilya recently, going from a 3 ML 3 AC5 build to a 3 ML 2 AC 10 build, both with STD 280s and 4 tons of ammo. I've had decent success with both being medium range support. I'm looking for any ideas, other than dual gauss, due to their fragile nature.

#2 Und3rSc0re

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

ILYA MUROMETS Und3rSc0re Special

#3 Fiesognom

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCrailsheim,Deutschland

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

Try the tripple uac5 chainfire ilja with 3 med lasers and xl 280 for bursting heavys down or tripple lbx 10 with 60 rounds and also 3 med lasers and the xl 280 for scouthunting

#4 pencilboom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostNexus Omega, on 18 April 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

http://www.autohotkey.com/
Download it and Macro a mouse button,
perfect re-fire every time, no jams.

how exactly are you doing this? group fire the 3 uac/5s? or assign each uac/5 to weapon group 1, 2 and 3 separately?
I'm using the latter method to rapid fire 5 ac/2s on my jagermech ( im using macro ).

#5 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

#6 Daenyathos

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Actually just bought an Ilya. I made it into a 3 UAC5 3ML build. I don't use any macros or anything like that (I don't want any more of a handicap than already what the Ilya is) and I don't jam. I went into the testing grounds on mutiple occasions. Maybe it's my mouse, a SteelSeries Kana, but I can just hold down my mouse button and it's fine. Only 1 firing group.

Weird. My last game I was in, someone was saying I was using a timed macro. I went on here just to see how others were using their Ilya.

#7 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

I use 3x UAC 5 and 3x SL. You can fit bigger lasers by sacrificing some ammo but i like to run 250 rounds. Even with that I sometimes run out but it is pretty rare. I have found this build to be my most fun mech and the one I am most dominant with. I fire the UACs on chainfire until I get close then I group fire them.

This may not seem to be that great, but since the last patch the UACs jam a lot less and you can often fire 3-4 salvos very quickly with maybe one gun jammed on the last salvo. They never jam on chainfire and just pour out a steady stream of shells so if you have a steady hand for leading you can strip away most armor at range then toggle chainfire off when you get close and blast away with all three guns for the kill.

#8 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I like my Ilya for its hero bonus.

I am somewhat depressed to say that I mounted the build of the week. Gauss/PPC. And its working (more depression).
I'd like to say other loadouts have worked for me but since the highlander patch I have not died by side torso in 25 games. I'm even thinking about puttin an XL into an atlas. My previous gold standard was XL300, gauss, 3 LLas. But the burn time of a large laser (0.75 seconds) gets me cored stupendously fast.
XL320, Gauss (30 shots), 2 PPC
Weapon balance currently favors the long range punch and twist. The only successful battle tactic for non-light mechs seems to be alpha-twist-wait... alpha-twist-wait... Dakka Dakka is occasionally works like days of yore but more often fails egregiously. One-on-one dakka is still pretty good and can even throw some shots off target. But if there is a 35-60 alpha with line of sight to you, you are going to die in 2-3 alphas.

I miss my dakka dakka. And missiles. And dismemberment. Perhaps it will come back some day.

Edited by ElLocoMarko, 23 April 2013 - 08:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users