Would You Be Willing To Consider A "deputy Dawg" Um-R65 Urbanmech Hero Mech?

67 replies to this topic

Poll: Deputy Dawg (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a Deputy Dawg Hero Mech (even if quite a ways down the line after more "serious" mechs are done)

1. Yes. Period. Sign me up. (100 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. No. Just...... NO. (41 votes [25.62%])

Percentage of vote: 25.62%

3. Maybe! (explain?) (19 votes [11.88%])

Percentage of vote: 11.88%

Do you like the take on the Urbie?

1. yep (115 votes [71.88%])

Percentage of vote: 71.88%

2. nope (30 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. meh (15 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

*****EDIT*****

I felt I should post a note. To the Devs. I know you guys have a tough job, keeping things semi-civil, and deciding what belongs, and such. But please, before dumping this post in one of the nether forums that no on reads (if you want it seen, GenDis is about the only way it is), consider:

We have recently added a community made Trial Mech. And now, it's our first "Champion". I do believe it relevant to see if the community, which is best represented in General Discussion, would like to see opportunities made for Community Made Hero Mechs. Not necessarily this particular one (I recognize the hurdles), but I chose this chassis as it has consistently trended over 75% favorable on every poll I have run Urbanmechs on. The Community seems in favor of them, so I feel it is a good litmus test.

That said, I would expect any early Community Heroes to be off of pre-existing Chassis, more than Likely.
Thank you. __________________________________________________________________________________

So..... finally, after much work, I am done. Took my old beloved Deputy Dawg, and combined it with my "MWO UrbanMech: Upgrade".

Hopefully, ya'll like it.

the Deputy Dawg
Posted Image

part of a lance of UrbanMechs working as the heavy enforcement and protection for the border planet Hsien. Often times the unit has been forced to fend off "rogue" Capellan units, and has an admirable record of showing that the UrbanMech can punch above it's weight.

Deputy Dawg is extensively modified, as all the mechs were in mothballs, disassembled and forgotten, when they were found. By removing the heavy Autocannon, Deputy Dawg was equipped with a Heavy Laser, matching range and nearly the punch of the Autocannon, without the ammo dependency or over penetration issues. A SRM2 rack was mounted in the center torso, allowing the use of high explosive rockets for anti-vehicle work, or mixed non lethal payloads like tear gas, fire retardant and smoke for civilian duties. The small laser was removed for a Machine Gun mount, allowing for serious anti-personnel fire or crowd suppression with rubber bullets. Underslung is a high pressure water cannon, useful for fire suppression or crowd control, tied to a 1 ton (265 gallon) water reservoir Lastly, the engine and gyro were seriously upgraded to a 150 Standard (10 SHS) and Armor was lightly rearanged, some taken from the legs to slightly increase the front and rear side torso armor.

Below are some quick orthos of the Urbie design and the modifications to the Deputy Dawg.
Posted Image

I realize there are plenty of pro-gamers on here that don't get the concept of fun, but it's all good, you got a right to your opinion too, just hope you can be mature enough to vocalize it in a constructive manner.

Cheers!

*edited to correct the tonnage of the water reservoir Keep in mind, that is simply it's internal source, if a larger source is not available for connection. (Much like Fire Engines need to hook up to a hydrant for serious work) thanks for catching that!

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 April 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#2 Simp1istic

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Looks awesome, good work.

#3 Noodlesoup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 260 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

funny thing on the water cannon 0.5 tons of water is about 120gal.. enough to put out a small bbq maybe or stop a riot of 1 fat guy..

#4 Krell Darkmoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDude, where's my Atlas?

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Forum Polls don't matter here..... Devs say we forum goers are such a tiny % we don't matter.

#5 Brett Collins

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostNoodlesoup, on 16 April 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

funny thing on the water cannon 0.5 tons of water is about 120gal.. enough to put out a small bbq maybe or stop a riot of 1 fat guy..

120 gallons to put out a small bbq?! Holy crap! How bad have you set YOUR small bbq on fire?! LOL Take more to stop this fat guy from rioting tho.

#6 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

I think he's getting his gallons and his millilitres mixed up :D

Bishop Steiner, I love your dedication to the Urbie. Keep it up, you're championing a very important cause! :(

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostKrell Darkmoon, on 16 April 2013 - 06:22 PM, said:

Forum Polls don't matter here..... Devs say we forum goers are such a tiny % we don't matter.

yeah, it is also misquoted from misreading the vehicle flamer rules it is based off of (my bad!). the Flamer is .5 tons, whereas the reservoir is 1 ton. Still only 265 gallons, or 20 shots in Btech standards, but serves it's purpose. Also, that is just the internal reserve. Much like a fire engine, you hook it to a hydrant or large carrier for serious work.

#8 BarHaid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,069 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostFerretGR, on 16 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Bishop Steiner, I love your dedication to the Urbie. Keep it up, you're championing a very important cause! :D

Seconded. You are an inspiration, and I would drop in my Charger with you any time.

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 16 April 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Seconded. You are an inspiration, and I would drop in my Charger with you any time.

I welcome it! Add a Banshee and we are set.

#10 Noobzorz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostBrett Collins, on 16 April 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

120 gallons to put out a small bbq?! Holy crap! How bad have you set YOUR small bbq on fire?! LOL Take more to stop this fat guy from rioting tho.

I'm not sure where he got small BBQ, but 120 gallons is basically two bathtubs worth of water. As "ammo" for an urbanmech water cannon, it wouldn't get a whole darn lot done.

#11 JTAlweezy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 269 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostForestGnome, on 16 April 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

that abomination looks nothing like an urban mech. If anything it looks more like a scrawnny IMP

if you plan on doing better than post something. otherwise how about admiring this individuals hard work to bring us something unique, and keeping your trap shut.

And your an abomination as a useful critique.

#12 Dreamslave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

Urbanmech is a HUGE waste of resources. This will never happen.

#13 Jack Lazarus

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I keep throwing my money at the monitor and it's not working.

#14 BoPop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 543 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

i thought i read in some other post the urbie only gets an ac10 and a small laser. according to lore or whatever.

if that's the case then, no i'm not a glutton for punishment. didn't vote in the poll cuz my opinion doesn't matter, i'm like, "what's up with bishops obsession with this urbie" more than anything. i do enjoy the drawings and art and stuff tho :)

but, especially if it gets ONE ballistic and ONE energy, blech. even if i could put an ac20 with a ERLL or LPL or even a ERPPC, i think there are other mechs i'd work on.

it would be more like a mech i'd lvl after i've done everything else ya know.

#15 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

I am ok with this.

#16 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 April 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

We have recently added a community made Trial Mech. And now, it's our first "Champion". I do believe it relevant to see if the community, which is best represented in General Discussion, would like to see opportunities made for Community Made Hero Mechs. Not necessarily this particular one (I recognize the hurdles), but I chose this chassis as it has consistently trended over 75% favorable on every poll I have run Urbanmechs on. The Community seems in favor of them, so I feel it is a good litmus test.

That said, I would expect any early Community Heroes to be off of pre-existing Chassis, more than Likely.
Thank you. __________________________________________________________________________________

Forget the Hero Mech, man!

Let's get them to put in your redesigned Battlemaster already.

#17 Ohgodtherats

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 152 posts
  • LocationThe wilds of the Eastern US

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Urbz for president!!! Sitting firmly on the apex of the left side of the Uncanny Valley!

#18 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostOhgodtherats, on 16 April 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Urbz for president!!! Sitting firmly on the apex of the left side of the Uncanny Valley!

digging the siggy there.....

#19 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

I would like it as a April Fool's, or for say a unit like Greenburg's Godzillas