Saving Loadouts

65 replies to this topic

Poll: Save custom Load-out (339 member(s) have cast votes)

Add "Save custom Load-out" feature?

1. Voted Yes (330 votes [97.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.35%

2. No (9 votes [2.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ganymede

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi,

There needs to be a way to save custom load-outs.

There is no reason not to have this essential feature. Please fix this.

#2 Wazdakka 5150

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

+1

#3 Petroshka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

implement and monetize.

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

So you want the future MWO feature to have a difference between the Clan Omni Mech and the IS...now? ;)

#5 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

definate yes. but what if you've sold an item since, or gave it to another mech ?

maybe have a popup ask you if you want to buy the missing items and also if you want to switch the gear back to this mech.

#6 White Rider

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

This feature is the one I'm looking forward to the most. It's a real pain to re-setup your fav mech each time, considering weight balance, weapons, ammo, modules, heatsinks, engines etc etc. Having this feature could save me about an hour each day.

#7 Angels Bane

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:09 AM

critical feature. MISSING????? O.o

#8 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

I like this. I could see it being useful and as Tennex stated having a prompt to repurchase missing equipment that may have been used on another mech or sold in the meantime.

#9 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:10 PM

It would be great to have this in the game, instead of having to remember which engine you had equipped on your mech last time you used it and why you can't seem to be able to fit that last medium laser that you know was there the last time.
For the moment I just take a screenshot of the mech configuration summary and use that as a guide when it's time to rebuild the mech.

#10 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

...or you could just buy multiples of the variants you have different setups of.

I have 38 'Mechs. Each and every one has its own engine and weapons and equipment. My multiples include three Spider-5Ds, three Jenner-Ds, two Blackjack-3s, two Griffin-1Ns, and two Catapult-C1s.

There will eventually be a Dropship mode in the game where you need four fully-equipped chassis in the same weight class. You won't be able to bring empty chassis and swap stuff out. Might as well start preparing now.

#11 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

been suggested many times before by different people, including myself. however, it seems like PGI's UI design philosophy is to make things as convoluted as possible

#12 GoManGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

I also would like to see this option in the game I get sick and tired of redoing my mech loadouts off of saved notes.When I load up MechWarrior4 Mercenaries I can go into mechlab build a mech loadout I want which includes all weapons, equipment, armor,ETC and save it under a name=R2D2 or R2D3,ETC.

You would think PGI could do this like the old games for a advanced game engine cry3 seams lacking in what MechWarrior needs to be MechWarrior.But cry3 was built for xbox360 FPS games first then it all has to be ported to PC.Also I know past PC games had hacked mech variants to deal with but with it all being server side I see no issue with this old hack and MWO.

Edited by GoManGo, 20 April 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#13 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 06:42 AM

I suggested saveable mech templates 1,5yrs ago, it was on development list while back but haven't seen it for a while.

Edited by VXJaeger, 20 April 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#14 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

I would add, that moduls setup should be included in savable templates. Since founding those in large mecbay its an adventure on its own...with a lot of colofull expresions.
Further on,those machanics in mechbay, should know how to pull out an engine from mech to another, without a need to
have components in a storage. That would make mechjock life much simpler.

#15 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 19 April 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

...or you could just buy multiples of the variants you have different setups of.

I have 38 'Mechs. Each and every one has its own engine and weapons and equipment. My multiples include three Spider-5Ds, three Jenner-Ds, two Blackjack-3s, two Griffin-1Ns, and two Catapult-C1s.

There will eventually be a Dropship mode in the game where you need four fully-equipped chassis in the same weight class. You won't be able to bring empty chassis and swap stuff out. Might as well start preparing now.

bad point. why?

one, i have 62 mechs i already have 4 xl300. why do i need more?

second, i dont like to "lock" my builds in, in fact even when i find a build i "like" that makes me want to change it and find another build i "like" because thats mechwarrior. i would actually hate always playing the same mech the same way its BORING.

third, your method is meh. im not wasting my 71 mech slots on "copies" of the same chasis, just silly and wasteful.

fourth, no one cares if you like all your mechs the same everygame.

fifth, while appeal to the masses is a logical fallacy, that doesnt change that you are the sole person that voted "no"

a unanimous vote kinda shows how badly everyone wants to be able to save loadouts and strip their mechs.

do i need all 200 med lasers i probably have? no i probably need no more then 8 for ANY build.

Edited by Mellifluer, 26 April 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#16 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 19 April 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

wat? you have way too much time on your hands sir.

#17 ipaam

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 29 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:59 AM

Would be nice not having to remember which mech I left the engine in. Also changing builds with a simple mouse click rather than wasting a few minutes moving modules and weapons. A change like this would be a nice help to the people who dropped money in and quite a few mechs.

#18 kesuga7

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

please :angry:
sometime in 3 months ?

#19 Sanistus

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:23 AM

I only have 10 'mechs right now, but its already getting tedious. The longer this game goes, the worse its gonna get, this feature has to be put in eventually. Plus, PGI could charge for extra loadouts and take even more of our money, so its win-win.

#20 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostTennex, on 27 July 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

definate yes. but what if you've sold an item since, or gave it to another mech ?

maybe have a popup ask you if you want to buy the missing items and also if you want to switch the gear back to this mech.

+1 with this feature. Sorely needed if you ask me. Wonder if it would be beneficial for modules to be included in this "loadout profile"

View PostSanistus, on 19 May 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

I only have 10 'mechs right now, but its already getting tedious. The longer this game goes, the worse its gonna get, this feature has to be put in eventually. Plus, PGI could charge for extra loadouts and take even more of our money, so its win-win.

They could cap it like Mechbays. 2 loadout "profiles" maximum before paying MC. Paying reasonable MC gets you 3,4,5--- maximum loadouts across ALL mechs.

Edited by xeromynd, 20 May 2014 - 09:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users