Repent Now, Heathens, And Accept Lrms As Your New Savior.

40 replies to this topic

#21 Elkfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

NEVER

VIVA LA LAZORS

#22 Malora Sidewinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

LRMs are NOT the answer to jump snipers...
fast brawlers are.

a team of centurions with a high alpha makes quick work of a pack of jump snipers.

LRMs are not only useless now, but they'll *never* be a good answer to jump snipes.

the jump snipes jump up and out of COVER... the only time those missiles will hit is if they're in the middle of a jump, and no decent pilot will willingly jump into an oncoming barrage.

i agree right now jump snipes are overpowered and something needs to be done, but in the meantime a fast brawler group will do the trick just fine.

#23 kitazari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

I still think they should have buffed LRMs to 10 dmg per missile on april 1st...

#24 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

Failed to read your wall of text. However, lrms nerfed still pack a punch if grouped!:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82fd5b033ef0b60

Just need to find stragglers and Tourline sucks so much cover for them!

#25 Brilig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 667 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostBoPop, on 19 April 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

what if you hit me SQUARE in the cockpit with an AC20?

I haven't seen many people complaining about cockpit kills. Most of the anti poptart/boat crowd (myself included) seem to be annoyed by being killed in 2 or 3 alpha strikes to the torso. I think the problem is convergence allowing a mech to fire several boated weapons at once, and have them all hit the same spot.

Honestly I have no issues with boating, alpha striking, weapons, (Though some need some love.) hardpoints, or heat. Just convergence. I don't want to see a fix involving cone of fire, or an RNG.

at what point would you be satisfied?

I suppose I'll be satisfied when walking around with as many LL/PPCs/ACs as possible and alpha striking over and over is no longer way more powerful than running a mixed build. I don't care if its still viable, just tired of it being by far the best method.

don't forget one of the wisest of all sayings, "Do unto others, before they do unto you what you should've done to them first."

I've done it, I see a lot of other people do it. It works better than I think it aught too, and its boring.

#26 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

View PostVilheim, on 19 April 2013 - 11:00 PM, said:

9/10.

Also,

4 UAC/5 Jager.

I had no idea I only pilot atlas, leave the uac/5's the way they are! >:lol:

#27 Kitari

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

yea but how many slugs should it take? what if you hit me SQUARE in the cockpit with an AC20? what if you hit me square in the cockpit three times with an AC20?

shall we step back and look at this for a second?

I pilot a 65-ton walking billboard known as a Jaegermech. Even when a full load of, what? about 10 tons? of armour is taken into consideration I probably have a layer maybe 100mm thick, tops, when it's spread out over that much area. ONE shot from pretty much anything heavier than a Machine gun should topple me, provided the projectile is designed properly.

This, however, is a game, and we're here to stomp robots, so I'll buy in.

fast brawlers are.

This. Said Jaeger has a pair of AC/20s and hooks 75km/h. I do not have a problem with jump snipers in Pubs. They have a problem with me. The answer is just some slightly more aggressive play on the part of pub teams, maybe try a little communication (I know, I know).

#28 DCLXVI

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 19 April 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

But... But... I love my ultra-dakka machine. True, it's barely useful, but it's guaranteed for at least one enemy death (maximum of 2) each battle.

see theres nothing wrong with that though, I run atlas with enough firepower to destroy 2 mechs faster than they can yellow my belly, but only enough ammo to kill 2 mechs. Now ive been flamed hardcore while players watch me run around the end of a match with no ammo but think if all 8 players on your team used the same strategy that would equal 16 kills, plenty enough to win a game, only in double time against a conventionally built 8 man team. i feel the 8 man low ammo high firepower cheese build team would be able to compete against a 16 mech team, cheese could rule MWO. XD wow im off topic +1 for your build SIr and had to get that off my chest. im not stupid, turned out spreading ssrm damage x6 wasn't such a bad idea after all :lol: (edit: guaranteed one kill, if every player on your team guaranteed one kill... lol everyone needs a cheesebuild)

Edited by DCLXVI, 20 April 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#29 jeffsw6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY (suburbs)

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 19 April 2013 - 11:29 PM, said:

But... But... I love my ultra-dakka machine. True, it's barely useful, but it's guaranteed for at least one enemy death (maximum of 2) each battle.

Just buy yourself a cataphract already. Even in an Ilya Muromets, I run out of UAC5 ammo (with 3 guns) often, but not before scoring some sloppy kills.

#30 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

@OP, that was great, I approve of this message!

#31 Abledime

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

LRM should not be a homing missile but more of a rocket barrage lost of missiles landing over a 10-20m range

#32 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostAbledime, on 20 April 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

LRM should not be a homing missile but more of a rocket barrage lost of missiles landing over a 10-20m range

Wrong, because we have Rocket's in the battletech universe, and they are a different thing.

LRM's just need slight damage adjustments, that's all, same with SRM's. Make SRM's do 2 damage per missile and get missile state rewind in and done.

#33 The Cheese

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Fast mechs aren't the answer. I think people are underestimating the number of players out there with decent aim.

#34 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

View Postjeffsw6, on 20 April 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Just buy yourself a cataphract already. Even in an Ilya Muromets, I run out of UAC5 ammo (with 3 guns) often, but not before scoring some sloppy kills.

The thing about the cataphract is that running 3 uac5 sees the first shot emerge from the general torso region, the second shot emerges from your left kneecap, the third emerges from a different state.

I prefer the Yager, because I can provide fully effective fire on a target BEFORE I CAN SEE IT when cresting a ridge. The symmetry of the dakka is just... beautiful.

Nothing does hull down like a Yagerbomb.

#35 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, I prefer my lrm like that then how they are:

#36 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:58 AM

View PostMalora Sidewinder, on 19 April 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

fast brawlers are.

Among the reasons I sing the praises of the SRM in my OP too. Without the damage output the SRM used to have, fast brawlers lost most of their bite.

#37 WolvesX

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostSean Lang, on 20 April 2013 - 12:30 AM, said:

@OP, that was great, I approve of this message!

Same here!

#38 Keifomofutu

• 2,547 posts
  • LocationLloydminster

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

View Postjeffsw6, on 19 April 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

You can certainly build that mech but it won't hold much ammo without having minimal armor or being very slow. Either way, it's not survivable and it has no real alpha-strike when compared to PPC/Gauss or mechs with a lot of SRMs. The mythical 4 UAC/5 Jagermech is one cheesebuild I am not concerned about.

The '4UAC5 Jagermech'? We have dismissed those claims.

Edited by Keifomofutu, 20 April 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#39 Barnaby Jones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 434 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

I posted a pic of a guy in a toga holding a golden goblet and holding a sign related to judgement day.

It was removed from the thread with the remark that it was a picture of Jesus.

I kindly replied that Jesus' goblet wasnt gold.. and offered Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as evidence.....

If you wish to see the image I posted... please Google "judgement day is here, show me your and i shall judge them" and click the first link.

That is all.

#40 AnarchyBurger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 19 April 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Yeah no dice.
LRMs were countered by snipers going peek+shoot, not the other way around.

If you want to discourage sniper boats you should be encouraging light and medium mechs, things that are fast/small enough they're hard to hit, and once in close range can frag snipers.

Not necessarily. They would usually cause the sniper to move until cover was more suitable. Yea in the long run of a game a sniper would beat out a launcher when both stood in generally the same place. But LRMs would provide cover for other team members to move about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users