#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Welcome home, Clan Wolf.

This sub-forum is to be treated like any other faction sub-forum.
Please keep your topics faction specific.
The old Clan forum has been renamed to "The Pentagon Worlds" and will serve as a place for generic clan discussion. If you have a thread you would like moved to Clan Wolf, please report it and identify the forum you would like your thread moved to and our Moderation team will be happy to assist you as soon as possible!

May this be your home to prepare for the upcoming Operation Revival.

#2 Litzkrieg Radick

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Much appreciated! Thank you for the support. If you ever need us, you know where to find us.

So it shall stand until we all shall fall.

#3 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

^^ Aff

#4 Skylarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Clan Wolf

Posted Image

History

Clan Wolf was founded by Jerome Winson, brother-in-law of the the Founder of all clans, Nicholas Kerensky in 2807, who also became a member of this Clan. The chosen Clan of Kerensky, the Wolves had been a dominant force in the Clans since their beginning. Kerensky named the Clan after the Strana Mechty wolf, the creature he saw as the ultimate warrior. Following Operation Klondike, Kerensky honoured his promise to the Clans, granting his blood legacy and leadership to the warriors who had performed above their peers during the campaign to retake the Pentagon Worlds. In an action that enraged Clan Jade Falcon, and Clan Smoke Jaguar, both of which believed they had earned Kerensky's patronage, ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky joined the Wolves. Kerensky's patronage placed the Wolves at the forefront of the Clans, at the expense of creating the first real rift in the Grand Council. The Wolves have staunchly defended the Kerensky Bloodname ever since, despite numerous attempts by other Clans to take it by force.

Clan Wolf proved themselves expert warriors: they annihilated Clan Wolverine and absorbed Clan Widowmaker, long before their successes in the invasion of the Inner Sphere. They also created Elemental body armor, though it would take assistance from Clan Hell's Horses to perfect the Elemental phenotype and HarJel from the Diamond Sharks before Elemental suits reached their current form. They led the Warden Clans in the Grand Council and were the only Clan to oppose the Clan Invasion in 3050. Clan Wolf proposed sending a reconnaissance force to gather intelligence before the Invasion, a force that eventually became known as the Wolf's Dragoons, arguably the best mercenary unit in the Inner Sphere, and crucial in stopping the Clan's invasion.

Invasion corridor - Clan Smoke Jaguar

Although they lost a Trial of Refusal against the motion to invade the Inner Sphere and were selected for the invasion force as punishment for voting against the pro-invasion majority, the Wolves decided to beat the Crusaders at their own game. They participated in it nonetheless and soon outdid all other Clans in seizing more worlds and at a faster pace than any other Clan. Their holdings were mostly taken from the Free Rasalhague Republic and the Lyran half of the Federated Commonwealth. Their capture of Rasalhague cemented their leadership in the Invasion and the Wolf Khan, Ulric Kerensky, became the leader of the Clans, an ilKhan, after their successes (and the death in battle of the previous ilKhan, Leo Showers). Ulric negotiated with Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht of ComStar resulting in the proxy battle for Terra (the Clans' goal) on Tukayyid in 3052. During the Battle of Tukayyid, Clan Wolf was one of only two Clans to prevail against the defending ComStar forces (the other victor being Clan Ghost Bear who were awarded a "marginal" victory). Nevertheless, the Wolves were the ones who helped convince the other clans to adhere to the terms when the Trial was lost, leading to the treaty that halted the invasion with a 15-year truce.

In 3057, Clan Jade Falcon sought to remove Ulric and continue the invasion. When the Council tried Ulric for treason and voted him out of office, Clan Wolf all but destroyed itself in preventing the Jade Falcons from breaking the truce by instigating a Trial of Refusal on a scale never before seen outside of a Trial of Annihilation. This particular Trial of Refusal would be forever referred to as the "Refusal War" against the Jade Falcons.

To ensure the Clan's survival, Ulric ordered Phelan Kell (also known as Phelan Ward) to take a contingent of warriors and a cross-section of the other castes to the Inner Sphere while he and Natasha Kerensky sought to break the Falcons. Eventually, the Falcons were victorious, but they could not touch the part of the clan that left Clan-controlled space and went into self-imposed exile to the Inner Sphere. Ward's Warden Wolves settled on planet Arc-Royal in the Lyran Alliance and guarded the border against any Clan incursions.

An initially successful Jade Falcon attempt to Absorb the remaining Wolves was effectively made moot with the creation of the Clan Jade Wolf, an offshoot of Clan Jade Falcon, made up of captured Wolf warriors who were "absorbed" into the Jade Falcons. The Jade Wolves later changed their name by dropping the "Jade" part and simply going by "Wolf", effectively usurping the name of the original, or pre-Refusal War, Clan Wolf. These Wolves (also known as Crusader Wolves) rebuilt their strength and have declared themselves the only Crusader Clan not bound by the Crusader's defeat during the Great Refusal.

Ever since then, the two halves of what was once a single Wolf Clan have lived separate lives. The Crusader Wolves sought to regain their strength, raiding the Clan Smoke Jaguar. Vlad Ward entered into a short-term alliance with Falcon Khan Marthe Pryde to ensure the survival of both Clans.

As with the original incarnation of Clan Wolf, the Crusader Wolves consider the planet Tamar as their capital. It was the scouring of Tamar that made the Clans realize that they too would come under attack by the Word of Blake and had to fight back. During the Word of Blake Jihad the Wolves leapt across Jade Falcon borders to assist worlds under attack.
During the Trial of Great Refusal, Clan Wolf fought along side of the surviving Smoke Jaguars, gaining a draw against the 1st St. Ives Lancers.

Post-Jihad Era

The Wolves found themselves facing a crisis of confidence in the early 3080s; the Clan needed to make a show of strength to intimidate their neighbours and project an attitude of strength, but the strength of the Wolf touman had been badly reduced by the Jihad. The Wolves had been using a mixture of confidence and skill to avoid challenges that would expose their weakness for almost fifteen years, but the Wolf touman mustered just sixty percent of the strength in 3081 that it had managed to field in 3067, and the Wolf occupation zone was now surrounded by enemies. Actions against Clan Hell's Horses in recent years had gone badly and with the sibko programme decimated the Wolves were forced to accept more freeborn into the touman while stripping second line clusters of OmniMechs and advanced technology to keep the front line clusters in top form.

Society

Clan Wolf is also noted for their lack of formality (another thing that greatly annoys the Falcons). While they respect their traditions, they adapt to the situation, they make up their own mind, and don't rush in and think later - a trait that has proven valuable during their invasion of the Inner Sphere, where Clans found that technological edge and mastery of one on one combat is not always enough to guarantee a win.
Clan Wolf emblem is a red wolf head on top of a red plaque, with six golden stars. The five stars symbolize the clans, and the sixth star symbolizes their founder, Kerensky.

Posted Image

Posted ImageElemental Warrior

Touman

See Clan Wolf Touman.

BATTLETECH CAMO SPEC ONLINE - Clan Wolf Units

Rulers

Khans
Ulric Kerensky Natasha Kerensky Vladimir Ward
saKhans
Garth Radick Phelan Ward

Bloodnames

General Bloodnames :
Fetladral
Kerensky
Conners (former Clan Widowmaker Bloodname)

MechWarriors :
  • Carns
  • Radick
  • Sender (former Clan Widowmaker Bloodname)
  • Vickers (former Clan Widowmaker Bloodname)
  • Ward
Elementals:
  • Shaw
  • Sradac
  • Tutuola
Pilots:
  • Ch'in
  • Leroux (former Clan Widowmaker Bloodname)
  • Mehta
  • Rhyde (former Clan Widowmaker Bloodname)
Era Specific Data

Wolf Demographics
Affiliation:Warden

Clan Space Worlds:
Capital: Strana Mechty
Circe (30 percent)
Dagda (14 percent)
Eden (35 percent)
Glory (55 percent)
Grant's Station (45 percent)
Hoard (11 percent)
Paxon (38 percent)
Roche (17 percent)
Tiber (50 percent)
Tranquil (100 percent)
Population (Clan Space): 101,849,000 (3060)
Population growth rate: 2.3 percent (56/33)
Self-Sufficiency Index: 87 percent

Leaders:
Khan: Vlad Ward
saKhan: Marialle Radick
Loremaster: Katya Kerensky
Scientist-Gneral: Rudi (Sinclair)
Merchant Factor: Michael
Master Technician: Nymar
Senior Laborer: Bork

Military:
Clusters: 24
WarShips: 13

Quotes
  • Here, with the Strana Mechty wolf, we see what may be the epitome of a warrior, cunning matched with instinct and stealth, joined with a final, terrifying attack. For this mighty creature, I name you. You are Clan Wolf. Nicholas Kerensky, 2810
Historical Map Gallery

• Posted Image

Clan Wolf Occupation Zone in April 3052
External links Bibliography

*Added the TOUMAN and Camo Spec links

Edited by Skylarr, 17 June 2013 - 06:06 AM.

#5 Anton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

CW vs CJF drops (EU zone) are planned for today. More info is available here.

#6 Kestralix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 55 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

May the trials go well!

#7 RedFoxsi

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWalnut Creek, Ca

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I wonder how long it shall be...
Can you not wait, Quineg?

#8 Anton

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

Congratulations to Clan Wolf. More details are available here.

#9 Markusow81

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Oh how I remember the first time I played Mechwarrior 2 as Clan Wolf many years ago, and the wonderful chills as I took part in fighting alongside the bravest of mechwarriors. I will never forget Clan Wolf

Edited by Markusow81, 24 May 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#10 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

First experience with clan wolf I was 8 or 9 on mw2. Still chose wolf today, give me a Mad Dog and an objective it will be done.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Objective:
-Primary: DESTROY the CHEMICAL PLANT at NAV EPSILON
-Primary: INSPECT FIREBASE WRECKAGE at NAV ZETA
-Secondary: DESTROY all surviving 'MECHS in the area
-Tertiary: DESTROY any TARGET OF OPPURTUNITY
-Return: Dustoff site: NAV ETA.

Good luck Warrior.

#12 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

Is there a list of common mechs used by Wolf? This would be my go-to Clan if my current IS posted gets buggered. Which I suspect it will.

#13 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostBooran, on 04 July 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

Is there a list of common mechs used by Wolf? This would be my go-to Clan if my current IS posted gets buggered. Which I suspect it will.

From the top of my head:

Adder
Ice Ferret
Timber Wolf
Gargoyle
Dire Wolf (2nd only to Smoke Jaguar)

Phantom
Pouncer
Linebacker
Naga

Orion IIC

#14 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Timber wolf is a given, also quite intrested in an Orion IIC.. hmm.. Maybe I'll defect.

#15 Asatur

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

List of mechs used by Clan Wolf: http://xn--80aaf4acd...nika/mekhi.html

Sorry for link on russian site, but list of mechs in table quite clear.

Omnimechs:
Adder
Mist Lynx
Fire Moth
Kit Fox

Ice Ferret
Phantom
Stormcrow
Pouncer
Nova
Viper

Linebacker
Timber Wolf
Mad Dog
Hellbringer
Summoner
Woodsman (1st wolf omni)

Naga
Gargoyle
Warhawk
Executioner
Dire Wolf
Supernova (not real omni)

2nd line mechs:
Jenner IIC
Thorn
Incubus
Horned Owl
Mongoose
Locust IIC
Mercury
Hussar

Hunchback IIC
Griffin IIC
Conjurer
Vapor Eagle
Crab
Sentinel
Wyvern
Shadow Hawk IIC

Black Knight
Black Python
Rifleman IIC
Exterminator
Bombardier
Orion IIC
Black Python
Guillotine IIC
Glass Spider

Victor C
Crockett
Marauder IIC
Warhammer IIC
King Crab
Thug
Highlander IIC
Atlas C
Stone Rhino

Latest mechs:
Lobo
Blood Reaper
Tundra Wolf
Night Wolf
Savage Wolf
Sun Cobra
Scarabus
Warwolf

Edited by Asatur, 17 July 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#16 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 04 July 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

From the top of my head:

Adder
Ice Ferret
Timber Wolf
Gargoyle
Dire Wolf (2nd only to Smoke Jaguar)

Phantom
Pouncer
Linebacker
Naga

Orion IIC

Even though the Mad Dog was a slur to Clan Wolf, it was used extensively. I actually favour it in some cases.

#17 Booran

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

That's it, to hell with wannabe space vikings, I'm gonna go with my spirit animal all the way

#18 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

The intro was one of my favorite childhood memories. ;)

Edited by Will9761, 03 August 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:32 AM

And those are the only lines of the Remembrance i can remember exactly :)
MechWarrior 2 is far the best.

Edited by CyclonerM, 05 August 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#20 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

The Clan Wolf campaign in Mechwarrior 2 had the best missions I've ever played as a kid. Most of their Trial of Positions were both fair and hardcore (unlike some of the Jade Falcon Trials like the one with the Kit Fox, ugh :) ).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users