Soda's Cent Al (Kickback)

12 replies to this topic

#1 SodaFizz

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

I have been toying with the Centurion AL for weeks now, leveling and getting elites, and I am happy to say that I am finished and have a great all rounder mech that works as fast support.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c8626f8f07869f1

Enjoy and I welcome tweaks/critiques.

Love

Soda

#2 Delchev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Same build can be used with STD275, just add ferro-fibrous in. Only 4% difference in heat efficiency. But additional speed you get is very valuable for centurion.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f30ee4a645eae1a

#3 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Standard 275 worth the weight on Centurions?

I've just about Mastered my Cats and Ravens, and I was looking at the Centurions next (fond TT memories). I've been playing around in Smurfy's before I buy anything, and was wondering if the Std 275 was worth all the weight, or if a Std 250 would do. I know XLs are out - can't zombie with an XL. :(

#4 Delchev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

I suggested 275 for that particular build of Soda.

STD250 on AL Centurion is fine. You can pack it like below, for example:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8856c37b7707c22

#5 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

I'm also looking at potential Cent-A loadouts.

I want to keep it quasi-stock (I'm one of those people :wacko: ), but also want to bump the engine size and the armor values. Here's the best I've come up with so far:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7f06f4de61abc75

Although I would love to find a way to keep an AC/10 on it. I've also considered this option:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...40308be4b79feec

#6 Zoghak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostBuckminster, on 24 April 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Although I would love to find a way to keep an AC/10 on it. I've also considered this option:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...40308be4b79feec

i am currently using this build and really enjoy it. but i would suggest dropping one ton of armor for another ton of ultra ac/5 ammo.

#7 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

Sweet. I guess now I just need to save up 8 million C-bills...

#8 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

This is my current CN9-A build. 88.1kph with speed tweak. This design is for general fire support, and anti-light design. SRM2s are used instead of an srm6 because of tighter spread and faster reload time (loop holes in game mechanics, HO!). Streaks are also an option but that's more of personal preference.

Edited by Regulus1990, 27 April 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#9 _demir

• PipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

I run this build for the AL. std 275, 4mlas + 2 srm 6 + ams. Max armor. Nearly 100 kph w/ tweak gets you out of trouble quickly and allows you to be an effective all around hunter. I cannot stress how important speed is. Regular srm due to ecm and well, I know how to shoot and don't need lock on. AMS keeps the SSRM's from mechs doing as much damage and allows you to laugh at the ECM + SSRM combo lights. With the speed LRM is easily avoidable. I've been using this build and I'm currently # 22 on the medium ladder, with just a few matches. Cheers http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e8f9de189caf3e5

Edited by demir, 28 April 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#10 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'd almost suggest dropping one SRM 6 to an SRM 4 - and adding another DHS.

Why?

Because the Cent only has a 10 tube launcher anyways, so the the SRMs shoot weird otherwise. This makes all 10 shoot at once. Admittedly, I'm also a pretty terrible player, so that's just a thought from a design standpoint.

#11 Frank the Tank

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

View PostDulahan, on 29 April 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Why?

Because the Cent only has a 10 tube launcher anyways, so the the SRMs shoot weird otherwise. This makes all 10 shoot at once. Admittedly, I'm also a pretty terrible player, so that's just a thought from a design standpoint.

This is not true.

The 10 tube limit is not obeyed by multiple launchers. If you fire an LRM15 out of 10 tubes it volley fires 10 + 5 missiles, but if you fire 3 SRM6s (18 missiles) out of 10 tubes it will fire all 18 at once. This volley fire bug is currently exploitable on all mechs and it is this bug which makes the competitive 3 SRM6+A zombie builds possible.

I've tried to raise awareness about the issue, but I guess people enjoy exploiting this bug so they won't complain about it.

On another note, in previous patches SRM4 grouping was better than SRM6 grouping in almost all cases. I haven't checked lately to see if this is still the case. Either way an argument can be made to use SRM4+A rather than SRM6s, which weigh the same and take up the same slots, because they will do more focused damage with better heat and ammo efficiency.

#12 DocGiggles

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostDulahan, on 29 April 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Why?

I would definitely vote for this, but not because of the reason stated. SRM4+Artemis has excellent accuracy, and that accuracy + an additional DHS will serve you much better than two more SRMs hitting the components you weren't aiming for. Additionally, SRM4 has lower heat and a faster reload, and you have a round number of shots in case you're OCD.

Plus, you're all set if they ever fix that "bug"

Edited by DocGiggles, 03 May 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#13 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

thing with the 260 and 275 engine is that the 275 allows for engine heatsinks and thus saves 3 crits. On Centurions this can often make the difference between the Fero upgrade and not. If you can fit in the FF upgrade it almost pays for the bigger engine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users