The Obliterator- Stalker 5M

14 replies to this topic

#1 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Would like to see a version with MASC maybe in the future or Streak-SRM-6s and ECM instead of AMS. ECMs would be very good for Stalkers since it works close range and many are brawlers.

#2 Coran

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

That is pretty crazy. I was thinking of doing something similar on either this or the 3F, as that one has a much better torso twist. i'm thinking the 5M works better with the NARC launcher though.

I ran something almost as nutty on my 5S. I set it up with 6 MPL and 4 SSRM2. Ridiculous.

#3 ElcomeSoft

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNewcastle upon Tyne, England

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

I tried a 5 SSRM2 build on my 5M, didn't like it. 2 PPC's + 5 SRM6's worked nicely for me.

Currently rocking 2 ML, 2 LL, TAG and 2 LRM15's for a change.

Think I'll give your build a go too :)

#4 Pugastrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOn Top of Your Dead Mech

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

View PostPaintedWolf, on 25 December 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

Build in Video:

- 5x ML
- 5x SRM6

Similar build to the one that I run, though I replace the medium with a large laser in the CT, so that you still pack a punch even when you're a walking skeleton.

I also drop one SRM 6 for a SSRM to make sure I can still effectively deal with the little guys.

I have not yet found a 5S build that is not strictly worse than the 5M.

Edited by Pugastrius, 26 December 2012 - 11:47 AM.

#5 Beodis

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Mine works great and I love it. Went 3 Large pulsers and 5 streaks. I tends to peg the legs of flights with 2 vollies of the Lpl. And if something doesnt not have ecm then streaks eat them up very quik.

As a side note I had to drop the XL that was in it and just ran the normal engine. It appears to me the right/left torso is so easy to destroy on this mech and seems not to reflect the proper armor value. Anyone else notice this?

#6 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

I find this slightly modified version of this loadout to be more effective. By dropping 1 mlas (the torso mounted one is near useless anyhow) and swapping an srm6 for an srm4 (dem slots!), you can squeeze on 2 more DHS, which trades a slightly lower alpha for noticeably higher sustained dps and makes for a more reliable brawler because of this. Seriously, the first time you can shoot instead of overheating/shutting down you just more than made up for the slightly lower damage you are doing with individual alphas... Heat is as much your enemy as the enemy is your enemy.

#7 Hebdomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 155 posts
  • Locationoutside Seattle, WA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 06 March 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

I find this slightly modified version of this loadout to be more effective.

You're not worried about ammo explosions in your right arm?

#8 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Not even a little bit. The ammo has to go somewhere. My order of preference is legs first, then along with the launcher it goes with. Not in the head, or anywhere on the torso. I still have a lot of mech left without that arm, and I have one less launcher drinking missiles as well. This build started life just like the one in the video. It just needs more heatsinks to have brawling longevity. Dropped the 5th laser that doesn't track with the arms and has poor convergence since was not worth the expense in weight or heat generation, and swapping a 4 for an SRM6 was more slot friendly. If the slots allowed, I would have 1t ammo on each arm but heatsink space is paramount for repeatable success in this fire breathing beast. I found myself continually running out of ammo at some point, and still having arms to hang it on so the choice was simple. Also, I shield that side a bit more early in the match as well wherever practical...

#9 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:36 PM

You need more ammo I'm running low every match in my srm cent with only 5tons for 3launcher.
Artemis is a must have, its insane how good it is after the patch.
The head is a safe location for ammo in the stalker.

Its a good mech not great but still good, lot of firepower but with a lot of drawback, when I'm in a medium and I see that type of mech I think easy kill since I will outmanoeuver you and destroy your side torso in 3well placed alpha.

#10 LordDante

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 782 posts
  • Locationmy Wang is aiming at ur rear... torso

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

soo since artemis seems to be op again ;)
how about this slow moving rocket turret
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bba4516c1d3a8c0

#11 MadPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,054 posts
  • LocationSearching for a game...

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

I liked the part where you dominated Norris J Packart ;)

#12 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

It has all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses. It is the splatwalker. Feared by the cheese, respected by the FTW. Go now and bring me the head of Gundam!

#13 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

Go 4SRM6 2LL 3SL 275std. It improves your long range without weaking your short range. The 5th SRM6 is not worth it.

#14 MrPils

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 142 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

I found the 5M works best for me as a PPC/SSRM boat and the 3F works best as an LRM/Mlas boat. Kind of opposite to what most people run. My trio is below for your consideration :unsure:

STK-5M (Sometimes drop ams + leg armour for 300XL and an extra heatsink - better config for caustic).

STK-5S (Sometimes drop both ams for 300XL and an extra heatsink - again better on caustic)

STK-3F (STK-3F Advanced)

Quick tip for anyone trying the Stalker : due to odd shaped torso hitboxes on the stalker its better to bob your head and twist slightly than to max twist your torso when spreading damage.

Edited by MrPils, 09 March 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#15 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostPugastrius, on 26 December 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

Build in Video:
[b]

Similar build to the one that I run, though I replace the medium with a large laser in the CT, so that you still pack a punch even when you're a walking skeleton.

I also drop one SRM 6 for a SSRM to make sure I can still effectively deal with the little guys.

I have not yet found a 5S build that is not strictly worse than the 5M.

6ll lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users