Learn Koreanese's Way Of Mechkwondo (Training+Tip Videos)

102 replies to this topic

#1 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

its hidden HERE. it is a video playlist of 25+ videos, concentrating on one topic at a time. they are fairly short and easy to understand. first video is basic of basic. aiming. going on from there, it gets more advanced.

Edited by Koreanese, 19 May 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#2 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Aiming is OP.

#3 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:25 AM

I was certain that was going to be a Rickroll.

#4 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:46 AM

These contests are broken since players are synch dropping to create "solo" 4+ man teams and the team is allowing individuals to boost there scores by allowing one person to do most of the damage to the enemy mechs.

All the team has to do is allow one person to shoot up one or two disabled or DC'ed mech and that person scores 1200 damage a match. There is play footage all over the net showing this occurring.

#5 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 29 April 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

As you may have noticed in other threads I agree with you on this topic. But this is not really the place for this discussion.

This thread is a set of guides from a high tier player genuinely trying to help people (and they have helped at least one player, me, so thank you Koreanese ), in the guides section of the forums. Please leave it as such instead of tarnishing it with offtopic discussions.. :P

Edited by Zerberus, 30 April 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#6 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

I will be making video about heat n override as soon as tourney is over!

#7 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

If you haven't watched all of Koreanese's videos you are doing yourself a disservice. I have been playing since closed beta and consider myself a good player, but some of these tips are going to help me improve my game to be sure.

Even if you already do everything in these videos its a good idea to be reminded what an advantage can be gained by following the tips here.

#8 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

@ Koreanese

You should rename this thread to be something a little more generic because the tips in your videos are for more than just this Tourney.

#9 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well I posted this on tourney section for a tease but devas moved it

#10 The Cactapus

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I appreciate the guides, man! I've been trying so hard to break the top 50, but I just. can't. make. it.

Maybe I'll see some improvement now. "Information is ammunition" and all that.

#11 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

another video up, about overheating and overrides

#12 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:33 PM

Interesting videos. Thank you Koreanese.

I got some questions with regards to your "builds" video. I'm surprised to know that you say the CTF-IM isn't good, but others say is the best hero mech in this game especially with the triple UAC/5 or AC/5 with triple ML build.

Most of your mechs seems to center more towards alpha strike or brawler builds. I don't ever seem to see a single LRM weapon in any of your mechs. You even claim the Highlanders suck with no missile builds. I thought Highlanders are suppose to be, sort of like jack of trade due to the hardpoints.

Is it just because the LRMs are nerfed so bad that you can't use it? Or is it that it does not fit with your preferred play style?

#13 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Thanks Koreanese!

These are great videos. For new players and old.

For example. I like mediums. I know they are hit and run mechs. But after watching these, I know how I can do more damage and take less damage at the same time using better tactics.

I also learned that you like weapons that group together well. I do too, and that makes me feel better about not using every hard point on some of my builds.

My favorite quote. "I run in, I shoot, then I run away like a little girl." Classic.

#14 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

now, its completely biased opinion. ilya has 3 ac hardpoints. I am not a huge fan of boating ac because they are very heavy compared to energy weapons. yes, they generate less heat. but at same time, you should be using those heat to their max limit to bring out the full potential of your mech. great example is CTD1X. 5 medium lasers and ac10 works great together because you can use up your heat fast while maintaining a steady pounding (with low heat) with ac10 rounds. I believe in combining large count of energy weapon with small amount of ballistics for optimal builds. as for lrms, I do not use them, I hate them. never liked them except first 2 days when I started playing this game and thought it was the coolest thing ever (yes, I was a nub). they are not reliable to hit targets while being heavy. also they generate lot of heat with ammo requirement. and min range is also a bad thing. right now most powerful highlanders are sniper builds. if you want to use lrms, you need to be fast in order to move into places FAST to land the lrm volleys. so that's mainly the jobs for fast heavies or mediums ( even though I hate lrms).

#15 ChaiXuan

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the time you put into these videos. they hold a great wealth of knowledge for the novice and the not so novice of players!

#16 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I assume the same with the CN9-A? I mean, 3 SRM 6 and 2 ML with no ballastics? I think having at least an UAC/5 makes up for it.

Besides that, how do you "brawl" with a cataphract? I got a CTF-2X (sold now) though I believe it's probably the worse of all the CTF variants, they have very large center torsos and side torsos. I get too cored out easily.

As Koniving pointed out in one of my earlier topics, the cataphract is not suitable for brawling. Just confused as to know your point of view, cause I think the only viable thing is the CTF-3D with JJs and Gauss cause I don't know how you fight with large torsos.

#17 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

ctf 2X is probably the best one to brawl with, if you don't have good aim. you can have ac, las, and streaks to have variety of weapon to brawl. now, if you can aim well, 1X is better. lot of pin point dmg. 4X is the worst POS for cataphract. its simple too slow. 3D is EXCELLENT brawler. the JJ is unforgiving tool to the enemy even in brawling. I believe cataphract is superior to everything else because of flat body. jeagermech has flat body, but its sides are vunerable because it don't have arms to protect it!. that's the only reason I am not a huge fan of jeagermech. you cant use arm has a shield to protect the torso. probably the best brawler I used is 4med las and ac20 with 3JJ on my 3D. its mobile but deadly at same time. remember, mobility is your most dangerous weapon! not having triple gauss on ilya!

#18 ZeProme

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Interesting how you say the 4X is the worse of all the CTFs. Besides it's low mobility, it can fit the Quad Dakka builds, making it extremely deadly in all out shoots.

I guess the meta-game is often times mobility which makes sense. If the CTF-4X has it's engine cap raised higher, maybe you would consider it. Then again, you said you don't like boating ACs.

Very interesting nonetheless.

#19 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

I believe speed with balanced weapon builds is the key

#20 Koreanese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

inc video on lrms!

1 user(s) are reading this topic