[Disco] [Idea] Once Community Warfare

17 replies to this topic

#1 Blastcaps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

goes into play, maybe all the "clan wolf" xyz "clans" need to talk to each other so that all the clan wolf "factions" are a cohesive whole, one way to consider is doing a series of matches to sort out overall command etc, nothing saying each "clan wolf" faction cant have their own flavour etc, however having a cohesive whole will be important, so having a overall commander in charge of the big picture with "sa khans" in charge of of a different timezone of operations, ie russian commander during russian peak, US commander during US peak, EU commander during euro, auzzie/kiwi etc in charge of AU/NZ peak.

Suggestion I'd have is have the leader of each company make up the "clan wolf council" overall, this ensures each company's concerns are raised, etc but still leads to a overall cohesive structure of command which long term can only be a good thing.

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

LOL- teamwork among Clan Wolf clans.

#3 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

I'd support this
:)

#4 Iron Savior

Dezgra

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

This was the single worst thing that ever happened back in MW4 mercs. A bunch of 13 year olds barking commands at eachother all while <S>-ing their little hearts out and howling or barking or whatever those furries tend to do.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is for someone to tout their own personal skill, someone who can't even spell trueborn, someone who lost the match, and decided to join the side that got it's teeth kicked? But they're still the best even though they're 2-7.

Even the most egotistical and idiotic clanners in the BT books came to accept freeborns as proper, honorable warriors once they realized that in combat it makes no difference.

Freeborn doesn't even sound like an insult. It needs to be explained why it's insulting to be insulting. And of course only a dumb clanner would think "Free" makes a good insult without understanding why. Clanners are free cuz they're free wins half the time.

IS pilots are free because they're free men who were able to choose their own path in life.

#5 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostBlastcaps, on 09 May 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

goes into play, maybe all the "clan wolf" xyz "clans" need to talk to each other so that all the clan wolf "factions" are a cohesive whole, one way to consider is doing a series of matches to sort out overall command etc, nothing saying each "clan wolf" faction cant have their own flavour etc, however having a cohesive whole will be important, so having a overall commander in charge of the big picture with "sa khans" in charge of of a different timezone of operations, ie russian commander during russian peak, US commander during US peak, EU commander during euro, auzzie/kiwi etc in charge of AU/NZ peak.

Suggestion I'd have is have the leader of each company make up the "clan wolf council" overall, this ensures each company's concerns are raised, etc but still leads to a overall cohesive structure of command which long term can only be a good thing.

It's too complicated to work well. It sounds good in text, but actually putting it into effect is another story.

I do think that Wolf Units can keep in contact with one another, communicate plans and attacks, coordinate efforts, etc... but keep it simple like this. Once you try to get regular meetings and include every single group identifying as Wolf, it'll become nothing more than a pain in the neck.

#6 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, no...

I will be Clan Wolf faction once it is available but I am not going to join a "Clan Wolf" group of people who want to pretend they are the canon characters.

I hope the dev's are smart enough to have the factions be canon and allow all the player "clans" to be underneath those labels but not affect them.

Nothing against the enthusiasm just don't want 13 year olds to start thinking that because they are named Kerensky they can tell me what to do.

Otherwise I am looking forward to it...

#7 PanzerSG

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

I think it's possible to coordinate between clans for sure, maybe a Wolf only subforum or something where actions can be coordinated. Otherwise, the devs just have to let anyone make their own sub-divisions but they can carry Clan Wolf names, etc. E.g. Looking at the current faction system, let's say House Steiner has all players under them representing Steiner but within that they can form their own named groups. Something like guilds in WoW.

I agree that RP'ers in this instance may become a bit annoying since they can choose their own names and can essentially name themselves "God" and think they rule the world.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostPanzerSG, on 13 July 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

I agree that RP'ers in this instance may become a bit annoying since they can choose their own names and can essentially name themselves "God" and think they rule the world.

Not completely true. Yes, i and many other love RP, but if i had named myself "Ulric Kerensky" i would not be the IlKhan just for it. I think the best way to make this kind of RP is not choosing a canon character name so we have to earn what they earned in the lore. Just like us,we are not named "Phelan Kell", "Aidan Pryde" or "Natasha Kerensky" (but some people are) and we make Trials like the Clans.. No abuses :D

P.S . Did OdehTheGreat make you signature? It is awesome! I would like one just like the yours.

Edited by CyclonerM, 14 July 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#9 PanzerSG

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 14 July 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

Not completely true. Yes, i and many other love RP, but if i had named myself "Ulric Kerensky" i would not be the IlKhan just for it. I think the best way to make this kind of RP is not choosing a canon character name so we have to earn what they earned in the lore. Just like us,we are not named "Phelan Kell", "Aidan Pryde" or "Natasha Kerensky" (but some people are) and we make Trials like the Clans.. No abuses ;) P.S . Did OdehTheGreat make you signature? It is awesome! I would like one just like the yours.

I was referring to that exact point. We should make all players earn their titles and rights in the same way they would in the lore. Maybe titles can be awarded along with bloodnames as well so those who desire a particular namesake can earn it as well.

Nope, my sig is made by me :) If you want one, PM me and link some sample pics that you'd like me to use (a lil description of what you're looking for, wouldn't hurt too) and I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: The sig is supposed to have a border but the pixel limit is too small on this board.

Edited by PanzerSG, 15 July 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#10 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yeah,and if handled correctly , we could "standardize" Trials and perhaps even Bloodnames.. Some step in that direction is going on in Strana Mechty on Anook http://www.anook.com...n/strana-mechty , a place for the Clan units to meet.

Shall we all honor you for that amazing sig! I already asked to OdehTheGreat, but maybe you could do one,too, and i will choose one of them :) I will send you a private message.

#11 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

I feel slightly insulted by the ignorance some people tout around. You imply that every person with a blood name is a thirteen year old greasy kid with an inferiority complex.

Nobody is going to order you around unless the situation calls for it. But here is the kicker-- You do not have to listen if you do not want to. Sure, you might be passing up valuable tactical suggestions, but hey. It is just a game, right?

I issue orders in-game when I see the two lances flailing around trying to figure out what to do under pressure. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I do not do it because I have 'Kerensky' in my account name, that is for sure.

Edited by Morgan Kerensky, 17 July 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostMorgan Kerensky, on 17 July 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

You imply that every person with a blood name is a thirteen year old greasy kid with an inferiority complex.

We know this is false. Someone just fears that could be someone who calles himself "Aidan Pryde" ecc. and gives order only because of his name, but actually i never saw this kind of people. Instead, i know lot of people (mainly fellow Clan warriors) who earned their Bloodname and do not feel more important than others because they have a "surname".
Like everything, no one has a label "I earned my Bloodname in a Trial of Bloodright with my Clan 4 years ago" ecc.
We can call it a prejudice,quiaff?
And there is nothing wrog in giving directions to a disorganised team. Someone said: "A poor leader is better than everyone going on his own".
Side note: are you already in an unit? ;)

Edited by CyclonerM, 17 July 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#13 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

Depends, everyone is different to be honest, some want to role play at an extreme level, some want to do it slightly and others might just simply want to enjoy the company of other like minded individuals. This is probably why there is so much 'conflict' between the actual player clans trying to play canon clan wolf. As for the discussion above, branding that to a name though as discussed above is quite stupid In my opinion, sure they might want to roleplay but It doesn't mean they are an obnoxious 13 year old.

I mean sure there might be 13 year old kids thinking they are awesome because they got their first pubes or whatever but there will also be some 40 year old guys with too much time on their hands, perhaps with some kind of superiority complex thing going on I don't know who will end up barking orders and raging and what not. Everyone is different, and you have to respect that.

I'd be pretty annoyed though getting orders barked at me, whether I'm roleplaying or not. And it does happen, regardless of affiliation.

Edited by Artaire, 17 July 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Maybe i did not explain well - i like roleplaying,but it does not mean that if in a match i meet a guy called "Ulric Kerensky" and he starts shouting nosense orders i have to follow theme like a slave.

#15 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 July 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Maybe i did not explain well - i like roleplaying,but it does not mean that if in a match i meet a guy called "Ulric Kerensky" and he starts shouting nosense orders i have to follow theme like a slave.

Of course not haha. I was just saying that people can be like that regardless of whether they are a clanner, house steiner or a lonewolf (Etc etc). And its best to just learn to ignore them/deal with them in your own way, alongside ragers/flamers/trolls etc. Rather than people blaming it on the others who may or may-not happen to roleplay (names included)

Either way, it would be nice to see a unity of the player clans in each faction for competitive teams and such. Each clan goes through trials against eachother and such and the victors go into a team etc etc. Would be really awesome from my perspective, but again everyone plays their game differently to each other so others may not agree ^^

Edit: I was not directing this to you Cycloner I'm just talking generally, and I completely agree with what you are saying :D

Edited by Artaire, 17 July 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#16 Morgan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Aff, people who take names such as Aleksandr Kerensky, Natasha, Ulric, etc... I am not a huge fan of that, but I do not really care either way. It is whatever the person wants, if they want to name themselves after someone physically -THERE- in the lore, that is their choice.

I, on the other hand, prefer to make my own legend. :P

#17 PanzerSG

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostMorgan Kerensky, on 19 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

I, on the other hand, prefer to make my own legend. ;)

QFT.

#18 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostMorgan Kerensky, on 19 July 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Aff, people who take names such as Aleksandr Kerensky, Natasha, Ulric, etc... I am not a huge fan of that, but I do not really care either way. It is whatever the person wants, if they want to name themselves after someone physically -THERE- in the lore, that is their choice.

I, on the other hand, prefer to make my own legend. :D

i as well would prefer to make my own legend. I do concur.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users