#1 Pando

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationDeep, deep inside _____.

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm no expert on clans, the inner-sphere or battletech. I feel you all need to know that so we start things off on the right foot . So, I've got some questions maybe someone out there with extensive knowledge could answer.

Currently I'm reading some books, trying to fill the gap so to speak but what I'm most interested to learn is when clan-tech started circulating in the inner-sphere. I'm trying to figure out if we are realistically still on a 1:1 timescale with battletech lore. So there are some questions following the "debate" opener. I look forward to reading the answers!

Debate; are we currently in a 1:1 timescale.

My questions;

1) Is there an exact date when the first clan-tech was recorded captured by the inner-sphere?

2) Is there an exact date/time where clan-tech was recorded as used by inner-sphere pilots either in testing or against clan warriors for the first time?

3) Is there an exact date/time where news of the invasion was sent down all channels informing military and civilian personnel per faction that mysterious invaders were in the process of and had already conquered planets?

4) At this time May 11, 3050 how much of the Inner-sphere has been conquered by the mysterious invaders?

5) When Saturday September 21, 3050 arrives, how much of the Inner-sphere map will be under clan control?

I'm aware some of the information might be available on sarna, if that were to be the case please copy paste the relevant information here so others wondering the same thing could read without visiting an external link.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Pando, 11 May 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#2 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

1) Yes, the battle of Wolcott is the first capture of Clan technology. Late 3050, August or October IIRC

2) It took the Draconis Combine approximately 2 years to reverse engineer the Omnimech technology.

3) Early 3051, When the Wolf`s Dragoons spilled the beans to the heads of the Houses and major Merc Corps on Outreach

4 + 5) Almost all of the infotmation pertaining to that can be found here: http://www.sarna.net...eration_Revival,
Sorry, but I don`t see the point in copy pasting numerous map images and tables from that page here when they`re there in pretty easy to read form, I see it as a waste of bandwidth and a significant amount of time compiling onfotmation form numerous extending links. For the individual invasion corridory of the single clans, there is a set of links at the bottom, each with its own set of maps..... the dataset is just too large for it to be feasible in a forum setting. :P

I do not know of a "single " map that shows all the information at once anywhere.

Edited by Zerberus, 11 May 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#3 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

Clan Invasion and Time Line

#4 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Thank you both! It was great reading material :) So, in your opinion where do we stand? Are we still 1:1?

Edited by Pando, 12 May 2013 - 01:31 AM.

#5 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

very much so. Especially as ComStar kept the lid on so tight that it almost broke the jar.

The details of the clan invasion was pretty much unknown to 98% of the inner sphere and the 2% were made up by government leaders, high ranking comstar and the poor sods who happened to live on the planets invaded.

#6 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Leo_Showers

Another thing, the ilKhan gets killed in the fall and it halts the invasion for about a year. They said they would announce the clans sometime after launch so i would bet around then.

Then have clan vs. clan matches during that time to get balancing right/let ppl get mechs. So wave 5 of the invasion would be clan vs. is. That will also explain why us freebirth scum have upgraded tech, because we had a year to prepare.

#7 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Did any of you read the mecha article on Venture beat?

in it is this statement by Bryan:

"Here’s the other thing. Mechwarrior Online unfolds in real time, so every minute that passes in April 2013 is a minute passing in April 3049. That plays into a little something Piranha creative director Bryan Ekman calls “the integrity of the timeline.”

Seems the timeline was reset, so NOW, in relative date of May 3049, we are doing 1:1

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 12 May 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Seems the timeline was reset, so NOW, in relative date of May 3049, we are doing 1:1

http://mwomercs.com/...isn-news-flash/

If you look at the date, it clearly states 3050.

#9 Grotoiler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

"Here’s the other thing. Mechwarrior Online unfolds in real time, so every minute that passes in April 2013 is a minute passing in April 3049. That plays into a little something Piranha creative director Bryan Ekman calls “the integrity of the timeline.”

Sorry to trounce your argument, but later on in that article (Page 3) It mentions that MW:O is running Unreal Engine 3....

Methinks they've dredged up all of their old details about the games in the article and mashed them together:

"Where Hawken and Mechwarrior both run on Unreal Engine 3, Stompy’s gone next-gen and built Assault in Unreal Engine 4 [Blah-blah-fishpaste, ad nauseum]..."

Timeline-wise, I think they're still on-track.... Remember, space is BIIIIIG... And the Clanner Scum stay on the other side of town from our lovely little cul-de-sphere....

Edited by Grotoiler, 12 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#10 Pando

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

What an unsettling find.

#11 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostAdridos, on 12 May 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...isn-news-flash/

If you look at the date, it clearly states 3050.

Irrespective, how do you adjudicate the date info in the article?

A random typo? This is just illustrative of poor information warfare - keeping us, the player base, unsure of what's what.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 13 May 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#12 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Considering MWO runs on the Crytek engine I don't think that article is very well researched prior to it being written.

#13 Volt Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 203 posts
  • LocationOutpost, Periphery (HPG down)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

It is the year 3050, the month May, the day the 14th. I have the new years champeign aging in my CN9-AL to prove it. Ignore the Venture Beat article. It's old and some of the information was incorrect at the time of publishing.

Edit: Shpellings*

*intentional

Edited by Volt Opt Construct, 15 May 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#14 ShadowMaw

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

So did they change the year to 3048 now? Go to this link and look at the date. It is the last news flash I see other than sale items.

http://mwomercs.com/...-isn-news-flash

Edited by ShadowMaw, 05 June 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#15 BIix

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostShadowMaw, on 05 June 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

So did they change the year to 3048 now? Go to this link and look at the date. It is the last news flash I see other than sale items.

http://mwomercs.com/...-isn-news-flash

That is most likely a typo, as literally the day before is a 3050 date. And the day before that...

#16 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:10 AM

View PostBIix, on 05 June 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

That is most likely a typo, as literally the day before is a 3050 date. And the day before that...

Actually I'd like clarification of that from PGI. That's a really odd typo..

#17 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

^^ The clarification is easy: a few of the mechs and tech that we currently have IN GAME are not available until 3050, not to mention teh "trophy" of the acievement test being a 3050 Hologram and not a 3049 hologram.

When these thinga all get summarily patched out and /or the devs themselves PUBLICALLY AND CLEARLY STATE that they have in fact reset it, I`ll believe the timeline was reset, and not a second before.

Note also that that was teh (so far) final ISN news, as teh entire system is (according to the answer in ATD 39) being revamped. I would assume in part to avoid further snafus such as that one.

As it stands, we are just fine and perfectly on track for the 1:1 timeline to apply, despite what some may want to believe.

Edited by Zerberus, 07 June 2013 - 06:01 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users