• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

OP has a point that brawlers tend to have more balanced armor (60%/40% or 70%/30% front/back) than other roles because they know they'll be in the thick of the fight and likely exposing their rear to somebody. In this case Focus Fire is more efficient.

However, other posters also have a point that snipers and skirmishers usually skimp on rear armor, often less than 20, and most 'Mechs (Lights included) can alpha strike that much, and deliver 2-3 alphas with little risk when attacking from behind.

Both have valid points. Everyone l2play.

#62 Jay Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Deadset Legend
  • Deadset Legend
  • 436 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

My full brawling stalkers are 100:8 and 66:6 for CT and ST armour distributions to survive walls of PPC/Gauss and the brawling Atlases. A light would easily core me from behind but staying with my team averts this surprisingly well. My Jenner has a 30 alpha with a 4 second recycle time. Even an Atlas would get a quick backache from that.

You want your assaults to point their guns at the enemies the whole match if possible. The mediums and fast heavies can clean up the harassers while the lights and fast mediums harass the enemy assaults so they either die or at least turn their guns away from your team. You always want to maximise your teams damage output and minimise your enemies as fast as possible hence focus firing and harassing tactics.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users