86 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Here we go, forthe sixth time! Ask your questions about Mechwarrior Online, and we'll take the best question(s), and answer it. So please, ask away!

#2 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Q. Do you guys validate parking?

#3 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Q. With the Stalker being the third assault machine, does that complete the lineup of Mechs that will be available at launch?

Q. And if so, why so few jump capable designs at launch?

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

With the news release of the razer concept joystick Artemis it is good to see that joystick support will likely be at the forefront, my question is whether you would be able to support combinations of multiple different joystick products? For instance if I bought the Artemis but preferred to use my joystick rudder pedals with it, would this be possible?

#5 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Q. What is the top jumpjet speed?

Q. Are jumpjet distances the exact same as tabletop values?

Q. How many Atlases does it take to change a lightbulb?

Q. Can we expect more mechs before launch?

Q. Pancakes, waffles, or french toast?

Edited by Vulpesveritas, 06 June 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#6 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Q. Will we ever get a 'Day in the life of a PGI employee' feature? You know, a developer or artist or technician or QA analyst doing a "this is what I do on an average day" walkthrough, complete with pictures of the offices and such? Probably not before release, I'm sure, since you all are so busy, but is something like that in the cards?

#7 Easily

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the forums.
Are there any details about the specific location of the MWO beta servers inside the US?
Something as general as East Coast/West Coast/Central would do, but a specific state would be even better.

Asking with regards to Op: Inception. East Coast US is well playable for most of us Europeans, and I'll buy the Founders pack straight away if the servers are located on the East Coast (even without the option of migrating to European servers later).

Edited by Easily, 06 June 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#8 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

Q. It looks to me like the Founder's pack attaches it's lifetime EXP bonus to only the 4 mechs that seem to be designated for that role. Would you consider, or can you confirm that that bonus will be available for all starting Mechs?

#9 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

Q. Do you have a current list of game modes/scenarios set to make launch?

#10 QuantumStorm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Will we have time to try the game first before deciding on the Founders Pack. I have absolutely no problem supporting the developers of a game I like. But I want to make sure I like it before dropping my money down?

#11 Stray Ion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Will a jump capable mech be able to land on other mechs and knock them down?

#12 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can you fully explain the current design for in game economics, the impact of repairing and any differences between the different weight classes in terms of economics?

To end the WoT talk entirely, is WoT being taken as an influence for balancing or economic design? Could the game ever see a shift to the WoT philosophy?

What can we expect to purchase with M-Cred, the real money currency for the game?

Will M-Cred or founder's packages get you anything with unique gameplay options that cannot be earned with C-Bills?

How is future tech, like Clan Tech, going to be balanced or counter-balanced to the tech it is supposed to make obsolete? Is anything being done to ensure that the AC-5 to AC-20 series of weapons remains relevant with the introduction of the Gauss Rifle?

#13 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Can you confirm which mechs will be available to choose for our starting mech? It seems to be Jenner/Hunchback/Catapult/Atlas but this is not yet confirmed.

Will the Elite package give you a founder mech in addition to the starting mech or instead of?

Anyone already in the closed beta will have experience with at least some of the mech chassis available; will those who gain access on July 17th have a chance to test any mechs before making their final decision on which mech they want as their premium founder's mech? Would be very disappointing to permanently pick an Atlas and discover they are too slow/clunky for one's tastes or playstyle.

How long does it take to bring a mech from start to finish- concept art, modeling, rigging, texturing, programming, animation, debug?

#14 Cocaine Samurai

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Any reason you can buy a Founders pack in June but not get into the Beta until July?
And any clue when the games actual launch may be?

Edited by CocaineSamurai, 06 June 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#15 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

How will the Lone Wolves who drop with a Mercenary Corp be treated in terms of splitting-up the spoils of Battle? (eg. Will the Mercenary Corp's standing with the House that issued the contract play a factor in the Lone Wolf's payout?)

#16 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

If i choose the Operation Inception Catapult, will i be able to get the K2 version instead of the Missile boat?

#17 Supraluminal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 161 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

My biggest two questions have already been asked by others, but I'll restate them for emphasis:

1) Can you give more details on the game economy? Both in terms of C-Bill stuff - repair/rearm costs, expected time investment required to earn enough to buy a new 'Mech, etc. - and the cash shop (M-Cred) side of things - what items will be premium-only, rough costs we can expect for individual 'Mechs, and so on?

2) Will there be an opportunity for everyone to try the game before buying a Founder's package? Or do we have to be lucky enough to get into the closed beta?

#18 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

• From dev comments on the forums and devblogs, I've come to understand that there will be some key differences in the way merc corps will be able to manage themselves as opposed to how house troops will function. Can you elaborate on this a bit? e.g. What sorts of tools will merc commanders have available? How will contracts work (single objection or signing on for a longer duration "campaign" with a house?)
  • Will destruction of one or both side torsos result in "coring" of an XL engine?
  • Are SRMs going to have guidance as per canon/TT?
  • Will Flamers produce more heat in the attacking 'mech than the target as per TT, or the other way around?
  • Sensor data for targeting was relayed automatically from the IGN vids. Where does the Battlegrid come into play?
  • Will alternate ammunition like Inferno missiles be available? Will LBX be able to use standard and cluster rounds?

What's your favorite Crusader variant?

Edited by Solis Obscuri, 06 June 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#19 Justin Wolf

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

I have been digging through the forums ever since i found out this game was in the making a couple of months ago, so if my questions are already answered somewhere else blame my noobness. 1. The economy of the game please more details. I would suggest a Land Value Tax system but your the Devs.
2. More info on how the house units will work as opposed to Merc Corps, info on both, i.e. For the Mercs will we be able to sighn on with a major Merc unit like the house troops do at some point, like joining Wolfs Dragoons as a faction or the North WInders.

#20 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

will there be ammo refit/armor repair station of stationary or mobile nature like mechcommander 1 or MW3,4 singleplayer?

if yes in what modes and unlimited/limited? free or for cost?? within range of enemy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users