Sword and Feather: Usage and Importance of Sensoric Equipment?

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Sword and Feather: Usage and Importance of Sensoric Equipment? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

What importance do you grant "secondary equipent"?

1. I would throw out some weapons and replace them with sensoric equipment! (32 votes [72.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

2. They are important but I would just intall basic sensoric equipment. (12 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Laz0rs all the way! Killing is my goal! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

It sure will be. At least thats my thought if they learned from the prior games. Or else it will be Assaults all the way again. This game really asks for it so... yeah. And I want the systems to be a little bit more tactical. Not just passive boni but real useage of the systems. E.g. the spy drone etc...

#22 mbt201188

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationPickens, SC

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:49 AM

Well on the topic of EW, I think it will greatly improve the gameplay. Mechwarrior IS NOT a fps. Mechwarrior has always been different because you have all these different roles to play. We need scouts. How else will we know what's going on? Like I've read on here before Information is ammo. The bigger the variety of gameplay options the more people will play and the more strategic it will be.

#23 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

For targeting and scouting purposes, completely do away with the old radar methods and introduce basic principles of RADAR and HEAT SIGNATURES (IR sensors)... PLEEEEAASE (READ: NEW FEATURE!).
  • IR Sensors: A cool running mech could potentially hide much more easily... or completely... such as in a cold lake (this tactic has been used to great effect in Battletech lore). But a hot running mech should be more easily spotted on sensors. Also, a mech hiding behind a thin concrete wall should be somewhat easier to target than one hiding behind a large hill or thick structure, since heat can “bleed through” objects up to a point.
  • Radar: Mechs should pick up targets on ridgelines or open areas regardless of heat signatures. Radar should NOT pickup mechs hiding inside ruined buildings, forested areas, etc. Basically, Radar should require line of sight, but heat sensors may not. The trick is heat sensors are easier to give off false readings (MAKE FLARES USEFUL!)
  • Both Radar and IR signatures could be shared on the same readout screen.
  • Time of day and atmosphere could also play into radar behavior.
  • Beagle Active Probe and ECM (assuming you include them) should do something more interesting (closer to BattleTech rules) than previous incarnations.

#24 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

UseLRMs sometimes as Spy Drones in MW2. Certainly know the use of electronics after MW4. They add a lot to the game and am glad the MWO dev team recognizes that.

#25 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

View Postverybad, on 03 November 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

UseLRMs sometimes as Spy Drones in MW2. Certainly know the use of electronics after MW4. They add a lot to the game and am glad the MWO dev team recognizes that.

Oh, hi verybad! :) Why didn´t they hire you guys to do the job? :D

#26 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hi Brixx, Several reasons. Number one, we're rather distributed...all over the world. Thanks for the sentiment, but we don't have the kind of resources for something that big IMO.

I'm hoping they introduce a fan built bling system like they have for TF2. I'll definately be making stuff for this game if they do.

#27 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

Also I would really like to see environmental influences on the sensoric equipment. Starting by simple things like enhanced nightvision that works different than in MW 4 Mercs (just green) to magnetic interferences etc. Theres so much potential.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users