Jump to content

Battlemech 20: Victor


566 replies to this topic

#561 Odanan

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,176 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postarghmace, on 15 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:


Not really, since it has ballistics in just one section. You cannot get two AC20s, Gausses, AC10s or even LBX10s in it. 2 UAC5 is the max you can equip. That's not what I'd call ballistic based. It's just a smaller and faster Highlander. We really need a ballistic based assault and I'm quite bored we didn't get it in Victor.


It would be THE ballistics assault if they added the VTR-9A and the VTR-9A1.

#562 xCico

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

View Postarghmace, on 15 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:


Not really, since it has ballistics in just one section. You cannot get two AC20s, Gausses, AC10s or even LBX10s in it. 2 UAC5 is the max you can equip. That's not what I'd call ballistic based. It's just a smaller and faster Highlander. We really need a ballistic based assault and I'm quite bored we didn't get it in Victor.


That would for sure balance this game, that version and good pilot would tear down any assualt less than 30 sec............

#563 ackstorm

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostFrost Pendragon, on 15 July 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

^duh. however notice that 3rd missile point is 2 tubes, so put an lrm 15 in there and watch what happens. Once again, limiting a 3rd missile hardpoint is absolutely stupid being in the LT.

I'm, annoyed that the missile hardpoints are limited by the tubes and are less versatile than the highlander. The hgn will match tube count much better making it a better platform for missiles overall. heaven forbid we get something with the possibility of speed, srms, and JJs on an assault, we might pucker the snipers too much.


If you want an LRM15, use LRM10+LRM5 and you have a full 15 tubes. I've fired them after testing this and all 15 came out at once. It's only when you try to push more than 15 than you run into the limit of 17 tubes. Considering most Victors were built for SRM4 and this one was expanded to SRM6, I'm pretty happy that I can get as many tubes as I can crammed into it its left torso.

The highlander's original art (long before this game existed) had a much larger missile bay to begin with as it was meant for a large LRM launcher, and that add-on missile pack can be seen in the original art too. They try to stay close to the original art and design, and I can appreciate that.

Beyond that? Cry me a river, these aren't Omnimechs. They were not designed to fit just anything in them anywhere. You have plenty of powerful weapon combinations to play with on this mech. If you want a ****ing highlander then go play a ****ing highlander.

#564 arghmace

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

View Post19cico96, on 15 July 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

That would for sure balance this game, that version and good pilot would tear down any assualt less than 30 sec............


Are you claiming that there currently aren't mechs that can kill an assault in less than 30 secs? Anyway if we assume that an assault that could carry 2 AC20's would be OP then AC20 is too good a weapon. Balance the weapons. No reason not to have a proper ballistic assault once that is done. Not that AC20 is even the best weapon right now. Any build with 2-3 PPC's and a Gauss would just laugh at this double-20 assault unfortunately :)

Edited by arghmace, 15 July 2013 - 12:10 PM.


#565 Amsro

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,363 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

The victor 9A or 9A1 will make it in as another hero or a later variant, PGI has been keeping some things back in order to release them later for MC (blatant speculation, no real proof. :D).

#566 xCico

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

View Postarghmace, on 15 July 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:


Are you claiming that there currently aren't mechs that can kill an assault in less than 30 secs? Anyway if we assume that an assault that could carry 2 AC20's would be OP then AC20 is too good a weapon. Balance the weapons. No reason not to have a proper ballistic assault once that is done. Not that AC20 is even the best weapon right now. Any build with 2-3 PPC's and a Gauss would just laugh at this double-20 assault unfortunately :D


I said less, so that can mean in 10,12,17,24sec depends on pilot
Ac 20 is good weapon, best in close range, dual ac20 is I think superior in close range so assualt with this combo, I hope it wont happen…

#567 Borengar629

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 303 posts
  • Location3rd rock next to sun

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Try this out for example. I really like it that way. Good punch, maneuverability and almost maxed armor. You could even drop the srm2-launcher for either 2 additional heat sinks oder the 315-enigine.
I don't get what there is to complain about with the Victor. It's a very fine piece of machinery and a perfect balance between the atributes of the Highlander and the Quickdraw. I even like it more then those two.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users