• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

just try this :)

BJ-3 laser spear

speed + JJ + 4xLL

Heat might be a problem if u keep spam all of them, but if u pick ur target weak spot... well things happend :D

and here is something special for extreme warriors :rolleyes:

BJ-3 a bit extreme :wub:

Edited by Scarface1978, 03 June 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#22 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

While I can't say I am fan of the chassis (yet I commonly pilot Cicadas) I like the work you put into the mech(s) and will have to play with them. I personally tend to favor energy (lasers) over most other weapons.

Thanks for the information and vids.

#23 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

I like these builds, I may just try them out!

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

Trying these too.

#25 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

4xLL is very viable i have to say. Need a bit practice in use but still manageable. 4xPPC didn't try bcoz dont have engine and dont want spen cbills extra to try it but if someone have this engine + that chassis might put some screens here iam really curious how it looks in game.

#26 Phoenix Gray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 615 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostSchwarzerPeter, on 26 May 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

I realy would like to know if you die to side torso explosion very often. Seems hard to protect these sides with the arms. And guard it with your CT seems not the best idea :)

Try running your BJ with "portable armor" (i.e., stand behind a Centurion or Hunchie).

And an Awesome makes great cover for pop-tarting.

#27 Sand Lantern

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostAutobot9000, on 31 May 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Funny Blackjack build here
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b71043875b18a2d

If you're gonna do anything of the sort, switch to DHS and put in a bigger engine. Without those 3 std hs, you can run an XL 220 in there. You're gonna need it w/ those LB 10-X's.

#28 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

My Blackjack is the -1, but i totally changed the loadout(except the engine)

DHS

2xLLas
2xMLas
2xMG

Max Armor(with 1 point off each leg)

Don't have it in front of me to copy completely, but once i get an XL i'll be even more deadly. Mwahahahaha.

What i really want though is this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16e1aac82d04a09

Edited by Davoke, 03 June 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#29 Lord Perversor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Used to run a Flame with a STD 275 with an AC/20 and 4x med as close brawler. after feel the joy of the BJ-1 replaced it with this little beast.

225XL (for maximum heat sink efficiency engine) endo,11 DHS 1x Ac/20 and 3x med lasers fit 3x JJ and 3x tons of ammo

be a bit pacient and wait until the enemy engage your assaults/brawlers in med close range then begin to wander and Smack like Hell anything that moves.

Also the BJ-1DC with 2x Ac/2 and 6x small lasers with 5 tons of ammo (or the BJ-! with just 4x small and using the spare ton for JJ) can be pretty devastating and annoying all you need to remember is positioning positioning and positioning try to flank at range and move back to safety if you draw the enemy attention, wich is kinda common with the godly dual Ac/2.

P.S: pro tip for dual Autocannon builds, keep each cannon in different firing keys, then fires 1st weapon then 2nd at mid recharge to keep a constant barrage and be more efficient (specially with AC/2 wich makes them fire faster than with chainfire)

#30 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

Here is another build for those that like to Min Max -

You have to use Single heat sinks and only around 144 armor. You can strip more armor for more ammo as I only have 2 tons for the 2 guns.

It's like piloting a Tie Bomber - Sure you are slow, but if you can line up a shot it is well worth it.

#31 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostSand Lantern, on 03 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

If you're gonna do anything of the sort, switch to DHS and put in a bigger engine. Without those 3 std hs, you can run an XL 220 in there. You're gonna need it w/ those LB 10-X's.

Unfortunately not. I run 10 heatsinks which is the minimum you need for a mech to operate. Hence I can not drop any heatsinks to fit a larger engine. The LB10-Xs dont do that much of heat, if u find yourself overheating you can easily switch into double heatsinks, thats not a really an issue. I like the build, bc you're really able to put some hurt on the heavier fellows while maintaining some ok mobility.

#32 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Looks interesting, i wil try them, before selling my 2 Blackjacks... The first mech i want to like but is dosnt let me so far.

#33 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I've been running the 1x with 3 LL, 15 dhs, and a 280xl. It works pretty damn well when I remember to stay with the heavies, but it's not quite fast enough to go freelancing like in a Cicada or light. I will probably give your 1x build a try too,

I might also have to try that -1dc build that Xengk suggested. I had been planning to buy a BJ-3, but the JJ shake will make that a less useful variant than ballistic arms.

#34 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

So i tested the 1DC and 1X builds... the 1x rocks, seriously. he 1DC... dunno Twin Ac5 still dont give the punch of my Ac/10 - ER-PPC - build. Im still unsure if i get a 3rd Mech and try to master them...

#35 Verrue

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

I tried a blackjack BJ-3.

Was hard finding a build that can be effective , but here it goes:

2 ERPPC
2 smal Laser
STD 180
Endo
Double heat sink X 8
4 jump jets

It run a 1.31 heat eff. with no pilot skills. The 2 small laser are handy when your arm blow off or your start reaching the heat shotdown limit.

Your can shot 3 time in a row the 2X ERPPC before having heat issue.

I did try with normal ppc, but your dead if a light come on you.

Play that build as an Atlas follower or a sniper-jumper. The small size of blackjack is really nice while jumping and shooting. Just shoot as you fall down since patch.

#36 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 26 May 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

Then you are really missing out on a fantastic mech.

My Blackjacks run 46 CT and 36 Side Torso's. Sure a full 40 dmg will cave in the armor the side armor. But it will require three solid salvo's to destroy my mech, exactly like every other mech out there until you get to the upper tier heavies and assaults.

Not sure why we have this need that a Medium mech "Must" go fast, as long as your comfortable with the speed and acquit yourself well in a match there really isn't a problem.

I just got out of a match a little while ago, I solo (As in they were fresh when I engaged them and I was the only one attacking them) killed a Stalker, a Raven and a Highlander (killed him while I was legged) with my AIME build in Tourmaline. The high heat didn't effect me one whit and the jumpjets allowed me to use cover judiciously.

There are some bad builds out there simply because weapons are not up to snuff, but provided you know your mech and what, where, and how to engage there really isn't much that these Blackjack's can't accomplish.

But at the end of the day it's a 45 ton mech, which makes it so much more powerful in competitive and league play when weight factors in.

Posted Image

I also don't get the myth of the paper armor. Armor allowance is solely a matter of tonnage, not Chassis, and the BJ stock carries as much as the Centurion (both are 8.5 tons, I believe) and the maximum is 306 v 338, or 32 total pts... 1 ton of armor. Most Cents and Hunchies and Trebs strip that much off their legs anyhow.

It's a little lighter on armor, but not enough to truly make a difference with PPC, Gauss and AC/20s flying all around. And I find it is less of a target than a Treb or Cent because it is noticeably smaller (yay! PGI finally didn't fubar the scale!). I run XLs regularly in mine with little issue.

#37 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I'm really liking this chassis ever since I bought my first one. I own the BJ-1, BJ-1X and BJ-3. My loadouts are as follows:

BJ-1:
Gauss rifle backed up with 2 med lasers. XL 210 engine and 4 jump jets.

BJ-1X:
I have tweaked this in a few different ways. Presently, I have 6 med lasers, STD 255 engine, and as many heat sinks as possible. I have run it with 8 med lasers. It has problems with heat efficiency but I still score a lot of kills. It does well against damaged enemies.

BJ-3:
2 PPC with 2 Med lasers. XL 235 engine. I've had some fun times on alpine with the PPCs on the arms and fighting around a mountaintop.

Altogether, I enjoy how the chassis handles. The jump jet variants are excellent on canyon networks. BJs don't seem to attract too much attention.

#38 darkvesperia

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

The harbinger build surprised me. I never used small lasers really before thinking they lacked the needed punch but when i used the harbinger i noticed it gave me just enough of the edge to get the kill shot more often than not

#39 TechKnight1337

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

I have a BJ-1X with an XL 295. At first I ran with a build based on yours (2LL, 2ML, 4SL). I experimented with a variation (2LL, 6SL), which honestly wasn't as good.

However, now I'm playing around with something totally different which I really like ... 2 ERPPC, 2ML for a mobile sniper. BJ-1X

#40 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostVerrue, on 08 June 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

I tried a blackjack BJ-3.

Was hard finding a build that can be effective , but here it goes:

2 ERPPC
2 smal Laser
STD 180
Endo
Double heat sink X 8
4 jump jets

It run a 1.31 heat eff. with no pilot skills. The 2 small laser are handy when your arm blow off or your start reaching the heat shotdown limit.

Your can shot 3 time in a row the 2X ERPPC before having heat issue.

I did try with normal ppc, but your dead if a light come on you.
Play that build as an Atlas follower or a sniper-jumper. The small size of blackjack is really nice while jumping and shooting. Just shoot as you fall down since patch.

Try my build BJ-3

Upgrade the STD180 to XL180, and replace all weapon with 4LLas.
You can squeeze in a total of 13 DHS.
Hang around the big boys and use the LLas to exploit weak amour and pick a target apart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users