Artemis Iv Lrm's Coupled With Tag And Narc?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Mighty Virtus

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

I am an avid Catapult pilot and one of my favorite "roles" is with the CPLT-C4 equipped with LRM20+ArtemisIV x2 along with a TAG laser and a NARC launcher. I try to put myself in a "mobile artillery/fire support" role and target the mechs (from a stand-off point) that multiple friendly mechs are focusing fire on.
I seem to remember (I may be wrong, not sure) it saying somewhere that TAG and/or NARC beacons are incompatible or does not work with ARTMS-IV guidance systems on LRM's. Is this true?
Also, as I understand what TAG lazing does for missile targeting from friendly Mechs, does that laser guidance work for the TAG-lazing Mech's own missiles as well if it doesn't have a targeting lock? (same question for the NARC beacon)
Often times I find myself in physical view of an enemy Mech within range of my TAG laser, but due to ECM or whatever (or because I haven't actually targeted that particular Mech) I am unable to get a lock on it. I don't know if I could actually use my TAG alone for my LRM's without an actual radar lock. I've tried but I haven't been successful thus far.

So I guess I would like some detailed information on TAG/NARC/ARTMS-IV compatibility and all the potential tweaks and tricks and benefits of all three.

#2 heleqin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

as i recall with the recent changes to BAP and NARC (and i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong) Tag and Artemis work together fine, but Artemis missiles do not get the NARC benefit. NARC and Tag are both options for burning through ECM, so if you can hit them with Tag, you should be able to lock on and fire LRMs and SSRMs. likewise a NARCed target should give you lock on despite ECM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users