Give The Flatly Inferior Mechs Superior Handling

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Or, to the extent that they already have that, make them handle even better.

Because comparing various trebuchets to similar jenner builds makes me very, very sad inside as a prospective treb pilot.

Likewise, the Cicada and Awesome are tear inducing...

#2 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:29 PM

Should just do what they did for the spider and make bullets slide off them. Did a pretty good job of making a garbage chassis viable. All they have to do is break the hitboxes for a few mechs; how hard could it be for PGI?

#3 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

View PostSephlock, on 30 June 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Or, to the extent that they already have that, make them handle even better.

Because comparing various trebuchets to similar jenner builds makes me very, very sad inside as a prospective treb pilot.

Likewise, the Cicada and Awesome are tear inducing...

I agree with this. The current mediums have nowhere near the speed and maneuverability that they need to perform well. It will be difficult to do as long as torso twist speed variables remain the same (based on engine rating and torso twist range). These need to be broken down into their own variables for further tweaking (making a 200 std hunchback twist really fast despite the low engine rating). The same goes for turning speed and deceleration/acceleration. I can't say if it's the perfect solution, but I'd be more partial to a mech that handles well and can duck under cover quickly even if it has inferior hardpoints and armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users