So... Goonswarm in the Capellan Confederation?

764 replies to this topic

#1 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Just something i heard... is this true?... and is this something to be worried about? Cause from what i can tell from the talk just about everyone who isn't apart of their masses dislikes them... Just worried about conflict within the Liao community, all the other Successor States hate us already so I'm not really worried about that...(fishing for actual facts about them, I read on how they came to be in eve online, just don't know where the bad rep came from, Usually over-exaggerated rep has some underlining of truth to it.)

Edit: It seems its true... maybe
Edit: This is NOT a hate thread, thankfully most people have been pretty good about this.
Edit: So after thinking it over, it seems goonswarm (aka Word of Lowtax) could be a good addition to the Capellan Confederation if they prove loyal. ( I don't know about other fellow Capellans but i'm fine with them also greifing the FedSuns other factions.)

Edit:"WELL SIR, I HAVE PLAYED WITH GOONS BEFORE AND I AM SURE THAT THE BLACK STEEL HONOUR COMPANY CLAN WILL CONTINUE TO KILL LITERALLY ALL OF THEM WITH NO LOSSES THANKS TO OUR HYPER SKILLS."

There, hopefully that will save the time of the people who are feeling compelled to talk about how awesome they are and how rubbish goons are in comparison.

Edited by Serevn, 11 June 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#2 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

Oh crap....Not those guys. Well at least they can't really zerg in MW:O since it will always be equal versus equal force.

#3 Kartr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

From what I've heard of them from friends who play EVE online, they'll fit right in with the oppressive Capellan leadership. Also all the more reason for FedSun players to finish what the 4th Succession War started! :blink:

#4 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 08 June 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

Oh crap....Not those guys. Well at least they can't really zerg in MW:O since it will always be equal versus equal force.

See first comment is a Oh crap comment. O.o they really must be infamous.

#5 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostKartr, on 08 June 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

From what I've heard of them from friends who play EVE online, they'll fit right in with the oppressive Capellan leadership. Also all the more reason for FedSun players to finish what the 4th Succession War started! :blink:

Excuse me but your not excepted into the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces without proving your worth, if fact you can't even get your citizenship without proving your worth. And the FedSuns are the ones who employ the zerg tactics with superior numbers.

#6 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

I think we should talk them out of it to join another faction, because their way of fight is the exact opposite of Capellan ideology. :blink:

Capellans prefer quality over quantity and skill over brawn. Commanders have a lot of power, so we aren't dependent on the higher ranks.

Now those guys are swarming their opponents with newbies in starter frigates and can't do a thing without word from one of their leaders.

#7 Knt Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Corporal
  • Corporal
  • 111 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

they've reared their Fugly mugs in more than just Eve Online... they've ruined "PWI", made a nasty name for themselves in WoW (so i've heard)... and personally, from my own witnessing, i feel as though they are the personification of what a "griefer" aspires to be.

#8 chaz706

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Utah

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

Oh good lord no.

#9 Vexgrave Lars

Former Dictionary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationParticle and Wave

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

goon/go͞on/
Noun:
A silly, foolish, or eccentric person.
A bully or thug, esp. one hired to terrorize or do away with opposition.

...perfect mercs...

Really they just want to play, just like the rest of us.
I seen mittans here and a few of the the other guys.
Far as I'm concerned, I don't care if they play fair, as long as they play hard, which is the same I wan't from every opponent.

#10 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

Yes, I saw it was mentioned in several threads that they would join the ranks of the Confederation. On the other hand, I also saw a thread were it is said they, or some of their members, would join the FedSuns.

In the end, does it matter? I don't think so. Whatever their reputation, it holds little value when it comes to faction warfare in MWO.

#11 Grimhowl

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 08 June 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

In the end, does it matter? I don't think so. Whatever their reputation, it holds little value when it comes to faction warfare in MWO.

Reputation holds little value? The entire basis of Inner Sphere warfare is dick-waving on a galactic scale. Probably wouldn't look good for the rest of you Liao types, though.

#12 TDucats

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

Until there's solid numbers on corp sizes there's no real way to know but yes the majority are favoring Liao, though there's also lots of Rasalhaugian bros too.

#13 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

I don't want to start a hate thread, i just want some opinions on how this might turn out cause apparently goonswarm is a big deal. For all we know they may be trying to turn over a new leaf. I mean any gaming community coming out of eve is going to be a little warped at first. Where underhanded tactics are a slice of the pie. Have you ever seen a more paranoid gaming community than eve? On the other hand to survive eve requires a admirable kind of resilience.

Edited by Serevn, 09 June 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#14 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostSerevn, on 09 June 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

Have you ever seen a more paranoid gaming community than eve? On the other hand to survive eve requires a admirable kind of resilience.

That's true. Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't be the bad guy, or someone that uses stupidity of other sto get rich, just like in real life. ;)

But I'd still rather see them as a merc cop, because if they come to MW:O, they'll be loosing our battles. :)

#15 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

View PostAdridos, on 09 June 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

But I'd still rather see them as a merc cop, because if they come to MW:O, they'll be loosing our battles. ;)

They'll have to prove themselves worthy of being in the CCAF just like we all will thats how we roll, everyone must prove their worth.

#16 Davor

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

Depending on how being in a great house works, you might see more than one Goon company in MWO. Personally I think being in a merc company would be the most interesting, and intend on joining whichever merc company GoonSwarm forms.

Goons and GoonSwarm gets a lot of hate, but it's because we play competitively. As we like to say in GoonSwarm, it's not that we're better than everyone else, it's that we're just slightly less horrible. Also if you have some crazy made up space Bushido thing going on and expect everyone else to adhere to your made up rules, you'll have a pretty bad experience playing against goons.

#17 Grimhowl

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

But I'd still rather see them as a merc cop, because if they come to MW:O, they'll be loosing our battles. ;)

Maybe your battles could stand to be a little looser? Don't be scared, it always hurts the first time.

#18 Davor

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Better tighten up your battles.

e;fb

Edited by Davor, 09 June 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#19 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostDavor, on 09 June 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Goons and GoonSwarm gets a lot of hate, but it's because we play competitively.

Competitive players play by rules. You don't.

Competitive players rely on their skill. You rely on the number of people you brought with you.

Competitive players are those which most want to become. You are something everyone tries to avoid.

#20 Serevn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 472 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostDavor, on 09 June 2012 - 12:28 AM, said:

Goons and GoonSwarm gets a lot of hate, but it's because we play competitively. As we like to say in GoonSwarm, it's not that we're better than everyone else, it's that we're just slightly less horrible. Also if you have some crazy made up space Bushido thing going on and expect everyone else to adhere to your made up rules, you'll have a pretty bad experience playing against goons.

I would be careful about making fun of the Bushido thing... the Kuritas are pretty serious about it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users