All Time Low In Communications

Answered

19 replies to this topic

#1 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

From the June Creative Director's Update:

View PostBryan Ekman, on 04 June 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Special - Sarah's `Mech (25th)

From Garths freaking twitter account:

Garth's freaking twitter said:

No patch today - next patch is the 2nd :D

You don't think you'd want to put on the official forums that
1. There won't be a patch today
2. Sarah's 'mech isn't coming today
3. Some sort of explanation?

Really, this is an all-time low even for you, PGI, and an opportunity for goodwill turned into badwill.

Poor show, PGI. Poor show.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

Communication is key™.

A key which PGI has misplaced somewhere.

#3 MaD hAtTeR nInJa

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 24 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Couldn't agree more, I have been waiting to see this mech so I can decide what to buy for my birthday. Which is Sunday. I am not upset they delayed it **** happens. But to say NOTHING about it, and then post something on twitter that it won't be today. Who gives a **** about twitter, the forums are here for a reason. People come HERE to check news and updates, NOT twitter.

#4 Bunko

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Calm before the storm.

#5 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not to mention someone had to ask before they said anything

#6 AnnoyingCat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Locationcat planet for cats

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

shhhhhh, quiet down.. i can't hear them not saying anything

#7 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Primus of Comstar said:

Hail, MechWarriors across the Galaxy!

Today we have an important message for all of you:

Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Cats Nyan~

Thank you, have a nice day.

#8 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I had some cash set aside to buy this because it is a cause I support and I love Jenners. I donated it to a cancer charity directly instead and I feel much better even though I am disappointed as I had been looking forward to this. I will still probably buy this mech anyway, but I urge everyone that can to make a donation in Sarah's honor today.

PGI is horrible at communicating and meeting deadlines but that is no reason not to go ahead and support a worthy cause.

#9 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Just an observation about the twitter/Facebook vrs forum critque about how information is released.

First I would like to say it would be nice if they provided information twice, once on fb/twitter and a second time on the forums.

Having said that I can understand why they use fb/twitter as their primary source to release small tib bits of info. The forums require action by a user to obtain information. One has to go to the website.

With fb/twitter, the information goes to a user with no action required from the user.

To illustrate, imagine if you had three games you were interested in, two speciality web stores you purchased from often, and a few local hobby groups you particapated in. If you did not have twitter/fb updates from those mentioned, every time you wanted to see if something was new you would have to go to each individual website.

Now, with fb/twitter, the new information comes to you. You get a post on your fb account or a notification from twitter that something new has been released. You have a one stop shop to peruse through for all your interests. A great time saver for the user. Also, it puts the information in front of the user without requiring initial action from the user which is ideal from a marketing stand point.

#10 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostDracol, on 25 June 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Just an observation about the twitter/Facebook vrs forum critque about how information is released.

First I would like to say it would be nice if they provided information twice, once on fb/twitter and a second time on the forums.

Having said that I can understand why they use fb/twitter as their primary source to release small tib bits of info. The forums require action by a user to obtain information. One has to go to the website.

With fb/twitter, the information goes to a user with no action required from the user.

To illustrate, imagine if you had three games you were interested in, two speciality web stores you purchased from often, and a few local hobby groups you particapated in. If you did not have twitter/fb updates from those mentioned, every time you wanted to see if something was new you would have to go to each individual website.

Now, with fb/twitter, the new information comes to you. You get a post on your fb account or a notification from twitter that something new has been released. You have a one stop shop to peruse through for all your interests. A great time saver for the user. Also, it puts the information in front of the user without requiring initial action from the user which is ideal from a marketing stand point.

Just because we play video games online does not mean we use facebook and/or twitter. While I get the benefit of posting that way, the information should always be available on the official website. It is just lazy not to post something.

#11 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

100% valid comments about the use of social media in marketing

agreed, however, as others have noted, it is poor form to NOT take the extra 2 minutes to post something like this on the official game forums (whether we get updates via fb/twitter etc or not is immaterial), as we are the demonstrated supporting playerbase.

It's too easy to do, so just bad unity of effort in their marketing department really.

#12 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:47 AM

repeatedly players ask for better communication from the devs, to no avail, it is no longer ok to complain at us for asking what should already be given, information about this game, on this games' website... not on social media, I use social media to keep up with friends and family in real life, not to monitor my video game because the 'owners' of the game won't tell us on their webpage about things in the game... I recieve the emails from MW:O and all that, NOTHING is ever told to us, the players and people paying the wages of our devs.. We should never have to ask to find out whatis going on, they should be posting it on here BEFORE using any social media...

I, for one, am tired of seeing new things to purchase with my money, you have enough of my money for now... I want to see stability and balance worked on, I would like to see CW finished, UI2.0 would be nice... screw shiney BS, you want our money, we want our game, you make the call....

Keep us in the dark about everything until Garth, and Brian, are the only ones playing, or....
Do what needs to be done to FIX the game, rather than padding pockets or hiring more people to ignore your customers...

I would really like to know what the motivation behind lying to us, withholding information from us and outright ignoring our please is going to accomplish?

Stop catering this game to the "I would play if" people, and cater to the "I am playing, but it would be nice to see" folks out there... WE have given you money, and helped pay your way through this games' dev, but you ignore what WE want in favor of people who have absolutely no in game time on MW:O.

We are your clients, WE are your customers, and WE are your godsbedamned paychecks, perhaps, just perhaps it is time to listen to those who are in this game now, and not the maybe I would play people...

Stepping off of my soapbox now, but please take head and take heart to what WE, your customers are asking for and want, we deserve that....

#13 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:28 PM

All the developers fell behind after taking vacations to celebrate Maharana Pratap Jayanti.

Edited by Mongoose Trueborn, 25 June 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#14 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Cool except some of us have no desire to sigh up for Drivel.... er... Twitter. One should not be forced to use idiotic and pointless external media sources for info on THIS game and site.

Perhaps instead of releasing new mechs and art HERE, they should simply do it on Instagram, instead?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 26 June 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#15 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Twitter has a 140 character limit. If the majority of the communication that we're getting from the dev team comes in the form of 140 character quips, then there is a serious problem.

If they want to use Twitter to spoonfeed news to people directly, then they should be linking news from their own damn website via Twitter.

#16 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostInRev, on 26 June 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Twitter has a 140 character limit. If the majority of the communication that we're getting from the dev team comes in the form of 140 character quips, then there is a serious problem.

If they want to use Twitter to spoonfeed news to people directly, then they should be linking news from their own damn website via Twitter.

or have an active "official" Twitter feed tied to the Forums and archived for easy access.

#17 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:04 AM

A day late, but the explanation at least came:

View PostViterbi, on 26 June 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

We’ve been overwhelmed with support for Sarah Parries, a 5 year old girl who tragically lost her life to cancer in Vancouver in May 2013. We posted a tribute to Sarah and cancer victims everywhere, which saw an outpouring of kind words from MechWarriors worldwide.

While Sarah’s family has expressed their deepest gratitude for the community’s warm wishes, we have also been empowered to create “Sarah’s Mech,” a special purchasable mech with proceeds being donated directly to the Canadian Cancer Society.

Due to the unique rules governing charity collection and donation, we have delayed the release of Sarah’s Mech briefly while we sort out the last of our paperwork. We had initially hoped to have this Mech available for purchase in June, but given that this is our first major sale for charity, we want to be absolutely certain that all proceeds are donated appropriately and to ensure that all Canadian and international policies are being respected.

Thank you for your patience while we get our ducks in a row. We’re really looking forward to raising money for a great cause and showing off this amazing Mech that will embody the spirit of Sarah Parries for years to come. Our new release date is scheduled for July.

#18 Zechs Raines

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 25 June 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Just because we play video games online does not mean we use facebook and/or twitter.

This.

#19 RocketmanZero

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBrawling Distance

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

In general there's really no excuse for PGI not to be posting hot fixes on their website or any other quick updates regarding features and things were expecting.

I may be mistaken but if I recall there could be a place on the forums where they mention hot fixes but that still isn't an appropriate location to put them.
IMHO all relevant updates need to be put on their website's front page in the same tiny *** font as "patch notes" at the very bottom of the like their ashamed of it, while their ISN-newsflash-twitter-thing keeps spewing stuff I don't care about or read (maybe I should?..jk jk I wont *quickly checks front page, yup its crap) because its garbage and I already see it in my client anyways.

#20 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

I see that this thread has been 'answered'

How is it answered? I want to know why PGI/IGP refuse to communicate with us...

I have an awesome idea, actually %^&$$#^%& ANSWER this question for us...

WHAT THE $%^& IS GOING ON WITH MW:O'S COMMUNICATION??

and this one:

WHERE IS THIS GAME IN DEVELOPMENT AND WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP US (THE PLAYERS) IN THE LOOP???

We have gotten tired of excuses as to why people are never letting us know what is going on, I am so glad I made my wife wait to get me the Phoenix Project until I am ok with the BS going on with this game... I am also refusing to buy Sarah's Jenner (I seriously doubt it will just be a paint scheme, and I feel any bonuses destroy the purpose behind it) and have already donated both the 20$ I was hoping it was gonna be as well as donating my time...

oh look, I have another question needs answering, $%^&$%^& communication problems answered my hairy white arse...

WHEN IS THE SARAH CANCER DONATION TRIBUTE COMING OUT, WHAT EXACTLY IS IT AND WHY DONT THE PLAYERS ALREADY KNOW THESE THINGS???

ok at this point, I am stopping because I think my point that this problem has not been answered is proven...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users