Bj-1 "triple-Threat"

7 replies to this topic

#1 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

A very balanced and heat stable build. It is capable of some mean direct fire support, and even brawling against larger enemies in the right hands.

JJs are too useful for too many reasons to ignore. Most BJ deaths already occur from CT death with side torsos intact, so an XL is an obvious choice. The ML is a convergence assistance tool and spare weapon. While it can easily add 5 damage in a pinch, it's mostly for seeking out pesky weak spots and providing occasional bursts. For 1T, even a single ML is well worth the weight if you can cram it in with your primary weapons. (Take note, AC40jagers.)

I run this build fully elite, and I definitely feel that elite is a requirement for a good BJ. (giggity) They simply don't have the torso twist range or topspeed to deal with close attackers otherwise. Other than that, remember that accuracy is golden and play the Assault Buddy game, everyone needs a wingman and A's and M's are made for each other.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16d4f1d5876d1b2

Enjoy. Very first match scored 466.

#2 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

I ran a build very similar to this on my Dragon-1C, and found that it translates decently onto Blackjacks as well. Great, multi-use direct fire support for mid-weight mechs. A little more complex than just 2 AC/5s or 2 PPCs, but it works so well.

#3 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostGigastrike, on 14 June 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

I ran a build very similar to this on my Dragon-1C, and found that it translates decently onto Blackjacks as well. Great, multi-use direct fire support for mid-weight mechs. A little more complex than just 2 AC/5s or 2 PPCs, but it works so well.

I love a good dragon build, I'll have to mess with this and deshelf mine. But then again, I might just save up for a quickdraw

#4 Training Instructor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

I've done quite a bit of damage with a gauss + 4 med lasers.

#5 Yankee Sullivan

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostTheFlyingScotsman, on 12 June 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

A very balanced and heat stable build. It is capable of some mean direct fire support, and even brawling against larger enemies in the right hands.

JJs are too useful for too many reasons to ignore. Most BJ deaths already occur from CT death with side torsos intact, so an XL is an obvious choice. The ML is a convergence assistance tool and spare weapon. While it can easily add 5 damage in a pinch, it's mostly for seeking out pesky weak spots and providing occasional bursts. For 1T, even a single ML is well worth the weight if you can cram it in with your primary weapons. (Take note, AC40jagers.)

I run this build fully elite, and I definitely feel that elite is a requirement for a good BJ. (giggity) They simply don't have the torso twist range or topspeed to deal with close attackers otherwise. Other than that, remember that accuracy is golden and play the Assault Buddy game, everyone needs a wingman and A's and M's are made for each other.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...16d4f1d5876d1b2

Enjoy. Very first match scored 466.

I've greatly enjoyed this build. It took my BJ-1 from feeling like a bad choice too my favorite mech.

#6 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Isn't the lack of rear armor a huge liability though?

#7 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostAlekzander Smirnoff, on 20 June 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

Isn't the lack of rear armor a huge liability though?

The way I play, I mostly stay in the air during brawls, and play the tap and move game with the gauss. Even when I am running from enemies, I am jumping and hovering while turning mt CT towards them to take damage and return fire. (EDIT: I just realized you meant the actual smurfy. I dont put my armor values up for numerous mundane reasons.)

While I love this particular build, my favorite is currently my Gaussjack. 1Gauss 2MPL. Literally every slot and ton is used on it, and it performs at or above 400 regularly. How can a build be more perfect than having zero open slots or tons? :3

Edited by TheFlyingScotsman, 21 June 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#8 Artgathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

Interesting. I run a build that swaps out the PPC, 2 jump jets and downgrades the engine to snag another UAC/5 (with the same four tons of ammo). It's absolutely deadly against anything heavier than itself (especially slow mechs) as a mid-range fire support unit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users