Jm6-A Or Jm6-Dd?

5 replies to this topic

#1 ChainBlade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSouthAfrica,Pretoria (Tshwane doesn't exist)

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

It's a damn hard choice for me.

On one end i can have a 6xAC/2 DAKKA DAKKA mech and on the other end i can have a very versatile mech with many possible builds.

Suggestions?

#2 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

As of right now, I would go JM6-DD hands down. Unless you have a spotter, LRM builds on the Jager are meh. And SRM's need a buff. That being said, if they buff SRM's tomorrow, the JM6-A would look more tempting to me.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

Jager-A. Most of the decent DD builds you can do on a Jager-S anyway. If you don't currently have a DD how do you know you would love that much dakka?

Edited by Spheroid, 01 July 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#4 ChainBlade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationSouthAfrica,Pretoria (Tshwane doesn't exist)

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 01 July 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

Jager-A. Most of the decent DD builds you can do on a Jager-S anyway. If you don't currently have a DD how do you know you would love that much dakka?

I guess it's more of a fun build,i've seen dragons running around with 3xAC2's doing some nice damage so i thought what would happen if i can fit 6 on one a mech.

#5 TheArcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostChainBlade, on 01 July 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

what would happen if i can fit 6 on one a mech.

4 AC2 are enough to get you to overheat quickly, even with ~15 DHS. If you get into a big fight, you can find yourself shutdown or firing only 1 AC2 to prevent shutdown.

I don't have that problem with 4 AC5 and 10 DHS though.

#6 Skydrive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

For my DD I enjoy having 6 MG's with 5 tons of ammo, 2 in each side torso cased, 260 STD, and 2 ER PPC's. Ran out of room for DHSs in the torso area so there is 1 in each arm. If you want the fun of the DAKKA, you get alot more with MG's.

For my A, got 2 Medium Lasers, 4 LRM5's (fast recycle time means you can bombard the enemy... and MAY get alot of kill steals... it happens), and 2 UAC5's (10 damage at range, and if necessary you can double fire for 20 damage, and pray they don't jam), and runs a 265 XL.

My DD is basically a heavy with a low slung energy AC20 with better range, and able to continue firing at stuff while cooling down. Lots of fun when the MG's cause an ammo explosion, and the utter destruction of said mech from said ammo destruction shows on your damage dealt. My A is a support fire mech able to fill out both roles, direct and indirect. With both mechs I have been able to do good amounts of damage, and both are quite fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users