Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#461 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

I fully know about chain fire programs JUMP JET Auto spam and all the rest. It's you using an outside program to perform a task for you ingame.

#462 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 02 December 2016 - 03:55 PM, said:

I fully know about chain fire programs JUMP JET Auto spam and all the rest. It's you using an outside program to perform a task for you ingame.

Le Sigh! Here we go again! Please read the CoC again with regard to the use of macros. <smh>

Also, please educate everyone here how the buttons, switches, and dials on the control panel of this device can be used without resorting to a macro program like Thrustmaster's TARGET sofware:

Posted Image

#463 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 02 December 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

What's the point in playing the game if you need this crap to win?

0 respect to you, Sir. And all the no lifes with the wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in their chats when they forget to turn the macros off.

If you are getting beat with people using chain fire macros, it just shows that you suck so hard at this game that cannot even beat an opponent who artificially lowered their effectiveness and is playing a Lulz build. Get a clue and L2P.

#464 Emperor Penguin

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:50 PM

I had a weird problem with fire control where i would use Caps Lock for push to talk then fire control would start activating my mic whenever it was firing until I clicked caps lock again.
i fixed the problem by moving my push to talk button from Caps Lock to ALT

#465 Rioclaw

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostEmperor Penguin, on 16 December 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

I had a weird problem with fire control where i would use Caps Lock for push to talk then fire control would start activating my mic whenever it was firing until I clicked caps lock again.
i fixed the problem by moving my push to talk button from Caps Lock to ALT

Download latest version, fixed.

#466 Emperor Penguin

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

could i get a link to the latest version i can only find Fire Control v3.0.6 (ADHD v 3.2.1)

#467 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hey EvilC, could you make add a feature that is a "hold to lock arms" with your macro? It works as a reverse version of hold to unlock arms, for those who prefer to always unlock the arms, but would like to have the steady aim of the locked-arms time to time. Think of it as "hold breath" or "steady aim" feature for the would-be snipers.

It's basically a reverse toggle, where the button is always held, unless another "button" is held which is the macro.

https://mwomercs.com...d-to-lock-arms/

#468 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 19 December 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Hey EvilC, could you make add a feature that is a &quot;hold to lock arms&quot; with your macro? It works as a reverse version of hold to unlock arms, for those who prefer to always unlock the arms, but would like to have the steady aim of the locked-arms time to time. Think of it as &quot;hold breath&quot; or &quot;steady aim&quot; feature for the would-be snipers.

It's basically a reverse toggle, where the button is always held, unless another &quot;button&quot; is held which is the macro.

https://mwomercs.com...d-to-lock-arms/

I believe you will get the desired effect if you first unlock your arms in MWO settings.

#469 Mykl Cobalt

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

@evilC,

OK, ludite here, I had an older version loaded...finally got around to trying it out and it worked as described, then I noticed there was a later version available so I downloaded that (retentive mode instead of leaving well enough alone) and it does not seem to work at all now. Is there a sequence issue or other detail i may be missing ie: FireControl needs to be open and running first THEN start MWO client or does it matter where the program is nested on my system (right now its fully on my desktop). Its unclear what, if anything, i did differently from install to install... I've tried messing with the settings but the macro does not seem to be engaging....all of the boxes are ticked per the instructions AND review of several tutorials on youtube...any suggestions??

regards,
Myk

#470 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

No, you should be able to fire up FC before or after you load MWO.
On the Profiles tab, uncheck "Limit to application".
Then open notepad, and press your fire button, do you see the numbers being typed?
If so, FC is working - if not, fc is broken.
If that works, then fire up MWO and see if it works.
If that works, try re-enabling the checkbox, and make sure the ahk_class textbox is set to CryENGINE

All this setting is for is to stop FC from working outside MWO, so it don't spam keys while at the desktop Posted Image
If it is stopping FC from working, it is OK to disable it.

Edited by evilC, 26 January 2017 - 12:59 PM.

#471 Mykl Cobalt

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

@evilC,

Thank ya sir, that did the trick...and damn good fun running troll build KGC with 6x AC2....

kind regards,
Mykl

#472 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:41 AM

For future reference, what was the problem?

#473 LtTr0g

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:36 PM

is there a way to run 2 scripts at once? i.e 3xac2 left arm and 3xac2 right arm?

#474 LtTr0g

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostLtTr0g, on 29 January 2017 - 06:36 PM, said:

is there a way to run 2 scripts at once? i.e 3xac2 left arm and 3xac2 right arm?

ok figured out that I can just run 2 instances and run 2 scrips that way.

second annoying problem is if I have push to talk set to caps then it spams PtT in game. I saw in this thread that I can fix that by updating, now I have 3.0.6 of fire control but only 3.2.1 of ADHD but Im not sure how to update ADHD any hints? ive gone to the git hub page and installed the libraries but it hasn't changed my version number any idea where im going wrong?

#475 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

IIRC I made a tentative fix, but did not release it as the official version as I was not sure if it would affect others.

There is a version of firectrl.exe at http://evilc.com/fil...rl/firectrl.exe
Download and use that - it should fix your issue.
I will promote this to the official release hopefully tonight - if it causes problems for others, I can always roll back.

#476 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:29 AM

FC 3.0.7 has been released with this fix.

#477 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostDeeHawk, on 05 January 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

I believe you will get the desired effect if you first unlock your arms in MWO settings.

No it doesn't. I tried that.

#478 LtTr0g

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:39 AM

View PostevilC, on 30 January 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

FC 3.0.7 has been released with this fix.

seems to work, I take it I dont need to update adhd just fc?

#479 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:52 AM

correct, you just need to download the new FC zip

#480 Rhino 5

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:12 AM

Question on the autoprofile changing. Is there a naming convention that we need to use so that FC can determine what profile to use?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users