Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#81 Roflberry Pwncakes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNorthwest U.S.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

What a bunch of no-skill, weak-@$$, cheater $#it. PGI needs to step up and *** this junk in the bud and take a zero tolerance stand on 3rd party 'helper' apps. First it's macro helpers, next it'll be hitbox skinners, terrain transparencies and aimbots. Sure, my Razer keyboard comes equipped with built in macro functionality via the Synapse software and dedicated keys, but I don't use it because I think it's weak and cheap. Know how I continuously spam TAG? Group it to 6 and jam a penny next to the 6 key. Seriously, if you want to have 'god mode' and be able to win with no skill at all, go out, buy yourself an old NES, some cartridges and a Game Genie, and stay the hell out of my MechWarrior game. Next time I burn you and the rest of your lance down, know that I did it with 100% skill, and even your weak juice-box helper-bot couldn't save you.

#82 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostRoflberry Pwncakes, on 06 September 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Know how I continuously spam TAG? Group it to 6 and jam a penny next to the 6 key.

So you are ok with a physical implementation of the software's function, just not the software? By that logic I could time a motor to tap a key at 1100ms intervals and be cool right?

MWO needs to address the reason these macros are so effective, not the macros themselves.

#83 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostRoflberry Pwncakes, on 06 September 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

What a bunch of no-skill, weak-@$$, cheater $#it. PGI needs to step up and *** this junk in the bud and take a zero tolerance stand on 3rd party 'helper' apps. First it's macro helpers, next it'll be hitbox skinners, terrain transparencies and aimbots. Sure, my Razer keyboard comes equipped with built in macro functionality via the Synapse software and dedicated keys, but I don't use it because I think it's weak and cheap. Know how I continuously spam TAG? Group it to 6 and jam a penny next to the 6 key. Seriously, if you want to have 'god mode' and be able to win with no skill at all, go out, buy yourself an old NES, some cartridges and a Game Genie, and stay the hell out of my MechWarrior game. Next time I burn you and the rest of your lance down, know that I did it with 100% skill, and even your weak juice-box helper-bot couldn't save you.

Skill with hitting lots of buttons at the same time or at a perfectly timed rate? Oh yeah, THATS the kind of game I want to play, not one that is about tactics or aim or anything.
That's why my favorite game is Dance Dance Revolution. I don't really play Mechwarrior.

I would damned well hope that if we met and you beat me it was because of your skill at the game, and not whether or not you had fingers like an octopus.

#84 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

New version up.

You can now run the EXE more than once - you no longer need to have multiple copies of the EXE if you wish to run multiple instances of FC.

Functionality added to make it easier to use the Weapon Toggle functionality to double as Arm Lock Toggle.
eg in MWO bind "Toggle Arm Lock" to 0 (Zero) and set the Weapon Toggle Group to 0 in FC.

Also added functionality to ADHD that lets you bind things to just the Ctrl, Alt or Shift buttons (Only the left ones).
So if using the above example for arm lock, binding Weapon Toggle to Shift (by just ticking the Shift box in the bindings tab in FC) would let you have a proper Arm Lock Toggle on the default shift key, instead of having to hold shift to enable / disable arm lock.

#85 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Excellent tool. Really easy to set up. I put it on my blog, if you don't mind.

#86 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Thanks for the mention!
By the way, in your example, it may be worth pointing out that the "Fast Fire" tweak increases fire rate by 10%, so you can use 1000 as the time in the macro.
Also, it is worth putting 5-10ms on to that time as Fire Control is not totally precise and could be off by a few ms.

Finally, it is also worth noting that Fast Fire and other pilot skills have no effect in Testing Grounds, so you may need to use the longer time in testing grounds and the shorter time in an actual game.

#87 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Oh and FC isn't only for alpha-firing UAC5s, it is even better for chain firing them.

For 2 UAC5s, the fire rate would be 1000/2 = 500, or use 510 for safety.

For both your example and the one above, you can also bind the "Change Fire Rate" function to give you a button that switches between single shot and double shot (with a chance to jam) rate.

Oh, and your "Maximum Dakka" build for the Jager is meh.

Try one of these:

Brutalizer Mk1
Fire Rate: 275 / Fire Sequence 5,6 / UACs in 5 in chain fire, AC2 in 6 / Only really works in chain fire single shot mode

Brutalizer Mk2
Fire Rate: 350 / Fire Sequence 4,5,6 / Works great in chain or alpha, single or double shot mode

Edited by evilC, 06 September 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#88 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

I wanted to keep it *very* simple. I know that all this is possible, but people can figure that out for themselves. Maybe I'll add some of your hints as side notes (for example the whole thing about the training grounds).
Your project page already provides insights in all the things which are possible. The quick-guide on my blog is just meant to get people rolling for UltraAC5s.

As for the "maximum dakka jagermech dd build": You are missing the point :) This DD guide was released way before 3xUAC5 builds were popular and tries to utilise *all* hardpoints of the DD in an entertaining, yet, effective fashion. It is meant to be visually pleasing and provide a fulminant firework of audio effects. You actually have to reduce your volume while playing it. All this while still maintaining decent damage and kill potential.

#89 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostFoust, on 06 September 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

So you are ok with a physical implementation of the software's function, just not the software? By that logic I could time a motor to tap a key at 1100ms intervals and be cool right?

MWO needs to address the reason these macros are so effective, not the macros themselves.

This wins the argument.

As long as PGI allows macros and creates situations where these macros are useful to the players we are not at fault for using them.

#90 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

New version up.

ADHD 1.13 8th Sep 2013
= Fixed bug with binding modified (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) controls - eg trying to bind Ctrl+LMB would give an error.

Sorry about that, the changes in the previous version to allow you to program CTRL, ALT or SHIFT on their own backfired a little.

Edited by evilC, 08 September 2013 - 07:01 AM.

#91 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

This is so silly. Reminds me of script kiddies with hacks. The moment something doesn't work from this program they will come here and cry waiting for a fix.

PGI won't do anything because if you notice in the screenshots he gives a free ad for MWO. It's free advertising and this program is getting the very same players PGI wants. Script kiddies, cod kiddies that need "help" to play a game.

#92 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostKibble, on 08 September 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Script kiddies, cod kiddies that need "help" to play a game.

To be fair in CoD (at least in the ones i played way back ie. 1, 2, 4) macros were not all that useful, sure there were some that could abuse some bugs in the game, but those bugs were either fixed later on or the player got banned for his actions.

The difference is that for some weird reason PGI designs game elements that can be taken advantage of with a macro or fails to fix those that should make macros extinct, examples for such systems are the UAC, Ghost Heat from the former and trashy chainfire from the latter.

Kinda funny how in a properly designed and working game people wouldn't need these to achieve maximum effectiveness, but i guess you should talk about that with PGI.

Edited by Bloody Moon, 08 September 2013 - 05:10 PM.

#93 UberPotato

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I will give you credit for your effort, but I am strongly against the use of 3rd party programs even ones that are like this. I figured out how to dakka ac/2s with no macro. It was simple and people still claimed that I was doing otherwise. Here is a good example for you... Too bad ghost heat destroyed staggering them, it was a lot of fun.

#94 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

New version up.

2.11 13th Sep 2013
+ Arm Lock now has it's own toggle.
You no longer need to run two copies of Fire Control to have Arm Lock Toggle and Weapon Toggle at the same time.

Recommended setup:
Set "Arm Lock Toggle Key" to L
Change "Arm Lock Toggle" in MWO from shift to L (Change, don't add a binding)
In FC, in the bindings tab, make sure ONLY the Shift tickbox is ticked.

This will give you a proper toggle on Shift.

Edited by evilC, 14 September 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#95 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

View Postrgreat, on 04 July 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

It is sad that we have to use such programs...

Shame on you, PGI.

For this type of game, where they have implemented systems (heat) where you speficially have to fire at certain rates not doable manually all of these features should be in the game client. Its right up there with chat lobbies and C3 or w/e.

They could get away with just implementing a sliding "chainfire" toggle in the options like the mouse sliders, can move chainfire from 0.1 - 2.0 seconds or something.

#96 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

I don't think manually editing fire rate via options would work, unless it saved the value per-mech.

It's not too hard to solve in code:
Given "weapons" - an object holding all weapons in a fire group, that consists of a collection of "weapon" objects, each with a property "cycle_time" that is the reload time for each weapon, then code such as the following would do the job:

max_cycle = 0;
// Find the longest cycle rate of all weapons in group
for(weapon in weapons){
   if (weapon.cycle_time > max_cycle){
	  max_cycle = weapon.cycle_time;
   }
}
// Find out how many times each weapon can fire in that time
fire_count = 0;
for(weapon in weapons){
   fire_count += round(max_cycle / weapon.cycle_time)
}

// The value returned is the perfect rate of fire for this group
return max_cycle / fire_count;

There should be no problem with code like this running every time a user hit Right Ctrl to add or remove a weapon from a group, with the processing power available, the load from this code would be insignificant.

So, as usual, another issue with MWO that could probably be solved with a couple of lines of code.
But PGI are probably too busy polishing 3PV or something.

Edited by evilC, 14 September 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#97 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

New version up.

I fixed a bug where if you had Arm Lock or Weapon Toggle set for a profile, weird things could happen when you tried to bind a key to one of the other functions.

I also added the much requested "Functionality Toggle". You can now bind a key to totally enable / disable Fire Control, so if you drop with FC enabled by mistake and want to disable it, as long as you have bound something to "Toggle Functionality", you can.

Recommended binding: Ctrl+Alt+Z (Or Ctrl+Alt+\ for UK keyboard owners)

#98 uglydisease

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Not sure if this is just anecdotal or not, but I think the chain fire might not be working properly with UAC5s it seems like after firing two shots the second UAC5 doesn't switch back to the first but instead fires a second time, EX:

UAC#1: fires and starts reloading; chain fire switches to UAC#2; UAC#2: fires; UAC#2 fires again, and has a greater likelihood of jamming than if UAC#1 had fired instead.

I could be wrong about this but I think I'm getting better results from using Fire Sequence: 5,4; instead of using Fire Sequence: 5 with 5 containing both UAC5s in chain fire.

Can anybody confirm my intuition here?

#99 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Ugly, there are definite issues with MWO - I have seen similar problems with other weapons too.
The solution you describe is a good workaround.

#100 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

View Postuglydisease, on 23 September 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Not sure if this is just anecdotal or not, but I think the chain fire might not be working properly with UAC5s it seems like after firing two shots the second UAC5 doesn't switch back to the first but instead fires a second time, EX:

UAC#1: fires and starts reloading; chain fire switches to UAC#2; UAC#2: fires; UAC#2 fires again, and has a greater likelihood of jamming than if UAC#1 had fired instead.

I could be wrong about this but I think I'm getting better results from using Fire Sequence: 5,4; instead of using Fire Sequence: 5 with 5 containing both UAC5s in chain fire.

Can anybody confirm my intuition here?

MWO chainfire for ballistics is broken. That's old news.

Edited by rgreat, 23 September 2013 - 12:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users