Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#61 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostevilC, on 14 August 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

You are still getting this, even with the new version?

Yes, but it is a different sound, NOT a sound from Fire control (I don't think)

#62 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postkuangmk11, on 15 August 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Yep, I just checked the script and tested it. SetScrollLockState changes the state of the key so SweetFX toggles on and off. I think you need a special function to control just the LED. http://www.autohotke...olllock-lights/

Oh ******. Well thanks for the heads up.

#63 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

It seems that the code you linked to change LEDs without affecting scroll lock state depends on knowing the ID of the keyboard, and I do not think there is a way to find that out other than trial and error - making it unsuitable for Fire Control.

New version up - you can now enable / disable the scroll lock indicator.
You can also set it to indicate the state of Fire Rate instead of Weapon Toggle if you wish.

#64 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks for evilC who took time to explain me how it works. This the best MWO macro I've seen ever, grats.
side note: is there a way to bind the zoom level to mouse scroll up and down (+ sensitiveness adjustment) ? it would free the right mouse to use it for the macro without messing with zoom.

Edited by bantapoo, 15 August 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#65 Stanley Peace

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationAugustine, Marik Commonwealth

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

I can't get this to work, first time I'm working with macros/AutoHotkey.

Do you have to have both AutoHotkey and Firectrl running?
I edited the last two lines in the firectrl.ahk file but it didn't do anything?

Edit: Nvm, figured it out, you have to run the firectrl.ahk file as Admin aswell :unsure:

Edited by Stanley Peace, 16 August 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#66 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:30 AM

Script to map zoom to mouse wheel is here banta.

#67 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

evilc somehow the program doesn't show up and stay minimized, and causes the whole comp to freeze.
any help?

#68 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

View Postbantapoo, on 19 August 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

evilc somehow the program doesn't show up and stay minimized, and causes the whole comp to freeze.
any help?

Are you talking about the zoom script?
If so, the zoom script has no UI - you just get an icon in your system tray.
As to the freezing, I have no idea - it is a really really basic script (in essence two lines) so I do not see how it would lock up your PC.

#69 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

New version of ADHD out.

Fixed a bug where if you closed an ADHD based app (eg Fire Control) while it was minimized, next time you ran it, it would not be on screen.

If you run the EXE version, just download fire control.
If you run the AHK version, you just need to re-download ADHD and replace your old adhdlib.ahk with the new one.

Edited by evilC, 19 August 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#70 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postbantapoo, on 19 August 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

any help?

If you were talking about Fire Control here, then I may have fixed the issue with the UI not appearing on the screen.
If you currently have this issue, then this new version will not fix it, it will just stop it happening again.

To make fire control appear again:

Edit firectrl.ini
At the start, you should see:
[Settings]
adhd_gui_x=-32000
adhd_gui_y=-32000

Change this to:

[Settings]
adhd_gui_x=0
adhd_gui_y=0

#71 Major Starscream

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostStanley Peace, on 16 August 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

I can't get this to work, first time I'm working with macros/AutoHotkey.

Do you have to have both AutoHotkey and Firectrl running?
I edited the last two lines in the firectrl.ahk file but it didn't do anything?

Edit: Nvm, figured it out, you have to run the firectrl.ahk file as Admin aswell :)

I have the same problem. Can you do a step by step for dummies. It seems that my PC is smarter than me. When I press 6 my TAG just goes pewpewpew to infinity. I can't get it working.

Edited by Major Starscream, 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#72 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostMajor Starscream, on 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

[size=4]

I have the same problem. Can you do a step by step for dummies. It seems that my PC is smarter than me. When I press 6 my TAG just goes pewpewpew to infinity. I can't get it working.

There are two ways to run it - just run the EXE (AHK not required) or run the AHK script. (AHK required and library must be in lib folder).
If you have UAC enabled, you will probably have to run the script version.
If you do not, the EXE should work fine for you.
As detailed in the second post of this thread.
If you see the GUI appear with no errors, but it simply does not work in game, then this is probably your issue.

Edited by evilC, 20 August 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#73 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

New version up.

No changes to functionality, but an end to this administrator mode nightmare.

The EXE version should now work for everyone, regardless of whether UAC is on or not.

#74 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

IMPORTANT NOTICE

I goofed and uploaded new versions since 2.6 to the wrong place.

This means that people downloading were getting version 2.5 instead of the current latest version (2.8)

I have now fixed this, and moved the download link to the top of the OP.

#75 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

New version up

2.9 30th Aug 2013
= Fire Rate (And scroll lock state if that is enabled) is now reset on exit to mechlab like Weapon Toggle is

#76 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hey there evilC!

I have a few problems with this autohotkey and since you've done quite much here i thought i'd ask here.

I want to set up a 4LL macro however a bit differently from what you've coded so far.

2 groups each with 2 Lasers. The first group always fires first (not swapping between them like it is now) and the macro should fire from simply pushing the left mouse button instead of the need to hold it down.

How could i do this?

#77 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 01:50 AM

Not sure I really understand what you want to do.
You want 2LL in each group, and the fire button to be LMB.

Now is where I start to get confused.
You say "The first group always fires first" and "you do not need to hold the LMB".
So how does the macro now whether a press of LMB means that you want to fire the first group or the second group?

ie when you click LMB, how does the code know which group to fire? If you give me some rules or conditions I could maybe help you, but as it stands I just don't see how the logic would work.

#78 Bloody Moon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

So let's see, i have two groups that are the 5th and the 6th weapon groups in-game.

Right now your macro in the first cycle fires the 5th group first then the 6th after that, then in the next cycle it somehow reverses the order meaning it will fire the 6th weapon group first then the 5th.this also means it waits some extra unnecessary milliseconds every cycle since it actually waits for the last fired group to come off cd while it could fire the other one already.

No idea why it does that, but that is how it worked when i tried it.

Then the next thing is that it is necessary to hold down the mouse button to actually fire both weapon groups, but for me the aiming feels more comfortable if i simply press the mouse button once and it will fire both weapon groups with a half second delay between the two.

So effectively i want to do a macro that needs only one keypress (since i use other bindings whenever i want to fire the groups separately) and it will fire both groups with the half second interval in the order of firing the 5th group first then the 6th group.

I hope it is a bit clearer now.

#79 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:58 AM

What FC does is always maintain the order.
So you fire 5 then 6, and next time you fire, it knows 6 was the last to fire, so fires 5 next.

When the Limit fire rate option is on, it will "block" clicks that are too soon after the last click.

So it sounds to me like you want to be able to use 4LL, but avoid the heat penalty for firing more than 2 in half a second where possible.
So your solution is to put 2 lasers each in two groups.

To set this up in FC, you want 2LL in 5 and 2LL in 6 and both groups should be in group fire NOT chain fire mode.
Set Fire Sequence to 5,6
Set Fire Rate to 500
Make sure "Limit Fire Rate" is OFF

You say you want to use LMB for fire, but I would advise against this as it can mess with UI usage, I would say RMB is safer.

So assuming you use RMB, the macro would work like this for you:

If you click and hold RMB, it will fire 2LL immediately and then another 2 after half a second, avoiding the heat penalty.

If you click RMB, it will fire 2LL immediately.
If you click RMB again, it will fire the other 2 immediately (And incur heat penalty if you clicked with 0.5 secs of the last shot)

Whilst not perfect, please bear in mind that FC is primarily designed to keep your shots at a consistent rate (Think UAC5). It is not really designed to accommodate situations like yours.

Stuff like what you describe is of interest to me, but is of a slightly more complex nature. I would also like to cater for situations such as having a pair of weapons on each arm - in some cases you want one button for each side (ie LMB fires left arm, RMB fires right arm) and some situations you may want LMB to fire in chain fire, RMB to alpha all weapons.

If anyone can come up with the UI and logic to accommodate situations such as yours and those I describe above, I would certainly consider coding them and adding them to FC.

#80 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

In the interests of explaining it better, I made a flowchart which describes the basic logic used by FC.

http://www.gliffy.co...publish/4862690

Posted Image
This ignores functionality such as the "Change Fire Rate" and "Weapon toggle" features, and simply describes how FC decides how to process any given click of the fire button.

If you wish FC worked in a different way, creating a flowchart such as this to describe the logic of how you would like it to work would make it much easier for me to implement.

Edited by evilC, 06 September 2013 - 10:42 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users