Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#141 Luecian Deschain

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

Using the three UAC5 build, I am still getting jams on the normal rate of fire, double fire does work. I have tried 450MS, 460 and 470. I know at some point the cycle time of the UAC changed, is there a different MS now for the weapon?

#142 Cerberias

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Why chainfire? You're nerfing yourself by chainfiring.. you lose your ability to torso twist, spend more time staring at your target and generally promotes bad gameplay that will do little more than get you killed.

#143 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostLuecian Deschain, on 19 December 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Using the three UAC5 build, I am still getting jams on the normal rate of fire, double fire does work. I have tried 450MS, 460 and 470. I know at some point the cycle time of the UAC changed, is there a different MS now for the weapon?

1500 * 0.95 = 1425
1425 / 3 = 475
Bear in mind that this figure will not work in testing grounds, because your perks do not work there.
So for testing grounds, you would need to use 500

Also, you would want the "Limit Fire Rate" setting ON, otherwise it is possible to jam sometimes if you release fire and re-press it too quickly

#144 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

New versions up of ADHD and Fire Control:

FC:
2.17 5th Jan 2014
+ Added "Jump Jet Spam" feature.
This allows you to set a key that will spam the jump jets at a rate set by the user.
Used when climbing hills or hugging terrain - avoids RSI through trying to spam key quickly.

ADHD:
2.2 5th Jan 2014
= Fixed bindings tab a little - SPACE now works properly, BACKSPACE support restored.

Edited by evilC, 05 January 2014 - 09:53 AM.

#145 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

Hmm, it seems the Spam Jump Jets feature could probably use a little more work.
I think it needs to hold the jet key a little longer.

#146 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

New version up:

2.18 5th Jan 2014
+ Adjusted Jump Jet Spam timing.
Jump Jets are now held for 100ms instead of 50.
Default rate is now 250.

#147 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Could you add a "delay before macro activates = X ms" function? It'd help for low tube LRM boats trying to fire only 1 cluster at a time.

#148 Onlystolen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFantastic Planet

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

#149 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:03 PM

View PostLuecian Deschain, on 19 December 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

1500 is the rate for 1 UAC5.

So 500 for 3xUAC5.

Or if you have Fast Fire, 475 (500 * 0.95), though this would double shot in Testing Grounds.

View PostOnlystolen, on 06 January 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

<snip>

Yum yum, more tears to drink. Can I get some indignant nerd rage on the side please?

#150 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

View PostQuizzical Coconut, on 05 January 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

Could you add a "delay before macro activates = X ms" function? It'd help for low tube LRM boats trying to fire only 1 cluster at a time.

I have been thinking about some stuff like this for a while. Was thinking about adding a feature whereby you could tell FC to reset the sequence each time you release the button, and insert extra delay using special symbols.
eg: <r>4,<1000>,5,6
This would say "Fire 4, wait a second, then move on to 5 and 6. Releasing resets to beginning."
It would take a bit of coding though, I think, so do not expect it any time soon.
How about having a separate button just for firing one volley?

#151 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

View PostOnlystolen, on 06 January 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

Holy sh** Evil, your scripts are so g0dly, they've been compared to "HAX"!

Keep up the good work Evil, and THANK YOU for your contribution to this community :P

[lol, maybe you should be doing the website too. . . I can't BELIEVE the quote button didn't work >.>]

Edited by Sen, 06 January 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#152 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:15 PM

Clearly, if you are not an octopus with the timekeeping skills of a professional drummer, you need to practice more.

The fact that someone playing dakka dakka using all of my scripts will get owned by someone in a meta-build (ie a 2PPC 1AC10 pop-tarter) has nothing to do with it.

#153 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Just having a look into the technicalities of implementing special commands (reset on release, custom delay for a specific item etc).

I implemented reset sequence on key release very easily. Syntax: reset,1,2,3

A custom delay between two items is not so easy. For example, given this syntax (plus a fire rate of 100), how should this be interpreted?
1,delay200,2,3

should it be:
1, delay 300 (Normal delay of 100 plus custom of 200), 2, 3?
1, delay 200 (Custom of 200 overrides)?

I am thinking the latter.

Finally, how would this be interpreted in the case of multiple clicks?
1st click: 1
2nd click: ?? Delay before hitting 2? or not?
[Edit: I suppose it should look at the "Limit Fire Rate" option? If on, then observe the custom delay, if not then don't]

Edited by evilC, 06 January 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#154 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hmm, thinking about it some more, I am not sure this method would work that well for you. More information on how you currently use it may help me get my head around the problem.

I guess what you are talking about is a custom delay between the first and second shot when you hold a button. If you have a sequence of 3,4,5,6 - it shouldn't matter where you are in the seqence (ie you may be starting at 3 for a given click, you may be starting at 5), there should always be a custom delay between the 1st and 2nd shot.
That may be a bit harder than a custom delay at a specific point coupled with a reset on release, which I could understand why that would not be suitable (the first weapon in the sequence may be reloading).

This may require some more thought, I may get a eureka moment, who knows :P

Edited by evilC, 06 January 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#155 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

View PostevilC, on 06 January 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Clearly, if you are not an octopus with the timekeeping skills of a professional drummer, you need to practice more.

The fact that someone playing dakka dakka using all of my scripts will get owned by someone in a meta-build (ie a 2PPC 1AC10 pop-tarter) has nothing to do with it.

Well, to be fair, with your JJ scripts i'm sure those nasty pop-tarters are also getting a healthy dose of assistance as well....sigh....I guess this is the way every game is destined to go these days. You don't need the skills of an octopus....... never mind, I already know there isn't a ghost of a chance of breaking this force-field :P

#156 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostGladewolf, on 06 January 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

Well, to be fair, with your JJ scripts i'm sure those nasty pop-tarters are also getting a healthy dose of assistance as well....sigh....I guess this is the way every game is destined to go these days. You don't need the skills of an octopus....... never mind, I already know there isn't a ghost of a chance of breaking this force-field :P

The JJ spam feature does NOTHING that isn't 100% possible without using it (Unlike the Fire Sequence part which allows you to click more reliably than you would without it - but that is a separate argument).
I can quite happily use no JJ fuel while climbing or traversing slopes. This script does not seem to make hill climbing any quicker, all it does is save my wrist from pain (I have carpal tunnel syndrome).
This is one of the reasons I set it to hold the key for 100ms.
That, by definition, limits the max rate at which it can be spammed to >=150ms (MWO treats key up and key downs inside 50ms as one continuous down).
Try setting the Spam Rate to 150 and see if it makes any noticeable improvement, cause I see none.

#157 Quizzical Coconut

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

What I think would be necessary to get everything into one macro:
The macro would have to know the duration of the weapon being used. Most weapons have a duration of 0ms. For a Stalker with 4 LRM15's, two launchers will fire 2 volleys (500ms duration) and two will fire 3 (1000ms duration). Therefore, it would need a separate section to account for the duration of each weapon group (assuming all 4 launchers, or those of similar duration, are in their own group). Reload time for each weapon group would also most likely need to be accounted for (especially in the case of chain shaking LRM's, though it could make laser macros more time efficient as well). The reload would be added to the weapons duration to calculate the actual reload time (4.75s for an LRM15 firing in two volleys). I would say having the macro reset to group 1 would be a nice option, but in the case that group 1 isn't yet reloaded, but another weapon group is, it could start at that group instead; this way a temporary let off of the fire button won't force a 3 second waiting time before the weapons can be fired again. It would know when each weapon group was reloaded from the information provided, and could determine when it was at the end of it's firing cycle and needs to wait for group 1 to reload to begin the firing cycle again.

So perhaps a "reset to weapon group 1 when reloaded or when the firing cycle has ended" function.

#158 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:00 PM

Arg, that could become a *lot* more complicated.

I hadn't thought that you might want a different delay after the first shot, dependent on what the last weapon fired was.

I have started work on implementing special commands in the fire sequence.

What I have so far:

Added two commands: "reset" and "stagger"
Reset - Resets the sequence each time you release the button.
Syntax: reset
Usage: reset,3,4,5
Effect: Sends 3,4,5 as normal but always starts with 3 on each new hold of the button.

Stagger: Inserts a custom delay on the nth shot of a given button hold.
Syntax: stagger(<after volley #>,duration)
Usage: stagger(1,1000),3,4,5,6 Note: The comma inside the brackets separates the options for stagger, it doesn't separate two different weapon groups as a comma normally would.
Effect: If you hold the button, it inserts a custom delay after the 1st (because "after volley #" was specified as 1) of 1000ms (Because "duration" was specified as 1000).
So if you held the button the first time, it would delay 1000ms between sending 3 and 4. If you then released and pressed again, it would make another custom delay of 1000 between sending 5 and 6.

If you can think of a way to do what you want using command syntax such as this, then I can probably make it work.

Instead of doing a full release, I am just going to release a beta EXE for this, as I am not 100% sure that these changes to not break existing functionality (Causes a "regression" bug).

For that reason, please test this version with profiles that do not use the new commands, to make sure they still work as expected.

Download: http://evilc.com/fil...rectrl_beta.exe

If you wish to use your existing profiles with this version, copy your firectrl.ini to firectrl_beta.ini

#159 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

OK some thoughts on your requirements...

A new command "dynstagger" (Dynamic Stagger) could be added.

Syntax: dynstagger(<after volley #>, <delay>, <index>)
Same as before, except the "index" value.
This basically says that this delay only applies to one of the items.

For example, let us assume you have a sequence of 3,4,5,6
Where: 3 and 5 should delay 1000 after, and 4 and 6 should delay 2000 after.

Your syntax would be:
3,4,5,6,dynstagger(1,1000,1),dynstagger(1,1000,3),dynstagger(1,2000,2),dynstagger(1,2000,4)

Let me break those down:
dynstagger(1,1000,1) - After the 1st volley, if 1st group in sequence, delay 1000
dynstagger(1,1000,3) - After the 1st volley, if 3rd group in sequence, delay 1000
dynstagger(1,2000,2) - After the 1st volley, if 2nd group in sequence, delay 2000
dynstagger(1,2000,4) - After the 1st volley, if 4th group in sequence, delay 2000

Seems a little bloated though.
maybe something like this instead?
3,4,5,6,dynstagger(1,1000,1+3),dynstagger(1,2000,2+4)

Edited by evilC, 06 January 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#160 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostGladewolf, on 06 January 2014 - 06:59 PM, said:

never mind, I already know there isn't a ghost of a chance of breaking this force-field :P

I just thought I would reply to this statement.
I know where you are coming from, but let us take a step back here...

How many +1s and thankyous do I have from people who are clearly the target demographic for MWO? Lots.

The Devs have OKed Fire Control.
Many Founders have said they love my work.
Fire Control was used 1,967 times in Dec 2013. Do you honestly think there are that many cheaters in MWO?

If you are cordial, then I am quite happy to discuss this subject and potentially remove features if you persuade me otherwise.

If all you are doing is slinging around insults, then I will respond in kind.

Edited by evilC, 06 January 2014 - 09:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users