Fire Control - "proper" Chain Fire For Mwo / Tag Toggle / Jump Jet Spam [Fc 3.0.7 - 30Th Jan 2017]

542 replies to this topic

#481 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

It is based on application name.
It is not technically possible to have FC change profile depending on what mech you are in.

The "Enable automatic profile switching" option is there because the engine used to make FC is used for other things (eg UJR) where you would be using the app with different applications.

Edited by evilC, 10 March 2017 - 11:54 AM.

#482 Kargan Durge

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:25 PM

View PostEmperor Penguin, on 16 December 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

I had a weird problem with fire control where i would use Caps Lock for push to talk then fire control would start activating my mic whenever it was firing until I clicked caps lock again.
i fixed the problem by moving my push to talk button from Caps Lock to ALT

Yup, I recently had this issue too, and my teammates were getting ticked cause I was spamming the talk button. Would suck to have to move my Push-to-Talk button location. No Cap Locks button in any of the macros.

On another note, The Weapons Toggle is not working. Button works to activate, Scrol lock function shows that AHK is understanding the command, but the second I let off the button, the firing stops.

I use a Logitech G910, English Keyboard.

Edited by Kargan Durge, 22 March 2017 - 05:31 PM.

#483 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

View PostKargan Durge, on 13 March 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Yup, I recently had this issue too, and my teammates were getting ticked cause I was spamming the talk button. Would suck to have to move my Push-to-Talk button location. No Cap Locks button in any of the macros.

On another note, The Weapons Toggle is not working. Button works to activate, Scrol lock function shows that AHK is understanding the command, button the second I let off the button, the firing stops.

I use a Logitech G910, English Keyboard.
Huh - identical issue, identical keyboard.

#484 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

Did you use the recently released version of FC?
I put a fix in there to cater for the scenario where CapsLock is on or Shift is held.

#485 Kargan Durge

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

View PostevilC, on 17 March 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

Did you use the recently released version of FC?
I put a fix in there to cater for the scenario where CapsLock is on or Shift is held.

I had updared Fire Control on the Day of that post. Did you make another update?

#486 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Ow man, this is SUCH great fun!
Just tried it yesterday; 6xUAC2 Night Gyr and 5xAC5 Mauler are just melting peoples faces and minds!
Played with a buddy running his own script for 6xAC2 King Crab, it was glorious!

(And to the "Cheaters"-guy; I agree with the above that if we wanted to cheat, this is probably the LEAST effective way of doing that.. But VERY amusing!)

Question though: my Mouse Buttons can't be assigned, so I have to use SHIFT currently to fire the thing.. If I can't get the LMB/RMB to get reckognized, any way around that? Can't I just type what to assign it to?

#487 Drake Orion

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, Pa

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

Yeah I just downloaded this and it's not working at all.

#488 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

View PostDrake Orion, on 09 May 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Yeah I just downloaded this and it's not working at all.

That's not telling us a lot. First, you have to set it up. Do you have any idea how to do this, and what did you try?
If you can't even open the application, you should try downloading again.

#489 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:13 AM

Hoping someone can help me get this setup...

On one of the King Crabs I have six AC2's. I want to chain fire them at the maximum rate of fire in one weapon group. How would I set that up in Fire Control? currently whatever I have setup here it cycles through all the gun pretty quickly, but it'll fire three or four at once.

#490 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:52 AM

okay I think I got it sorted out...I have to have it cycle through 6 different firing groups. Which means I have to have 1-gun per group to get my rate of fire.

Is there a way to make it cycle through all the weapons in a single group at the maximum rate of fire?

For example:

Group 1 ~ left arm AC2's
Group 2 ~ right arm AC2's
Group 3 ~ cycle all AC2's at maximum rate

Edited by Makenzie71, 17 May 2017 - 06:53 AM.

#491 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:35 AM

What, you want 3 mouse buttons for firing?
LMB = cycle AC2s on left arm
RMB = cycle AC2s on right arm
MMB = cycle AC2s on both arms

Something like that?
If your fire rate is < ?500ms? then MWO does NOT support firing the weapons at max rate with all the weapons in one group.

ie if you have 6 AC2s in group 1, then hitting 1 at a rate of 100ms will NOT fire the AC2s at that rate.
You would need to put ALL the ACs in two groups, then cycle between the groups.

So to do this, you need FOUR groups.
Groups 1+2 should both contain ALL left arm ACs
Groups 3+4 should both contain ALL right arm ACs
Both groups set to chain fire

To fire left arm ACs: 1,2,1,2,1,2...
To fire right arm ACs: 3,4,3,4,3,4...
To fire both arms: 1,3,1,3,1,3...

Edited by evilC, 18 May 2017 - 04:37 AM.

#492 DeeHawk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:52 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 17 May 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

okay I think I got it sorted out...I have to have it cycle through 6 different firing groups. Which means I have to have 1-gun per group to get my rate of fire.

Is there a way to make it cycle through all the weapons in a single group at the maximum rate of fire?

For example:

Group 1 ~ left arm AC2's
Group 2 ~ right arm AC2's
Group 3 ~ cycle all AC2's at maximum rate

I havent managed to accomplish that, you simply have to sacrifice your Left/Right option of firing your weapons, which makes you a liability in close quarter pushes (which is why you want to cover your teams front from a distance)

My fire groups are:

1----6
1---5-
1--4--
1-3---
12----
1-----

LMB: Weapon group 1 - For simultanious fire. This should be your main firing mode.
RMB: Set in FireControl to fire sequence 6,3,5,2,4,1,reset @ 96ms (before skilltree, timing might need adjustment according to your cooldown skills) The nonlinear sequence of numbers is to gain alternating fire between left and right arm. (For looks)

The auto fire mode should be used with caution. Shot 2-6 will be delivered later than if you fire an alpha, causing a delay in initial damage.This makes it is extremely uneffective in peeking battles and general long range, and you spread the damage a lot more compared to alpha striking.

It can however be very effective suppression, either to more or less disable an enemy assault or heavy in a push, or just winning 1 vs 1 battles with blinding fire. (Aim near the cockpit from around 400-500m, Advanced Zoom is your friend) Don't get too close with this build, the blinding fire works best from medium range, and you can confidently out-damage anyone at long (800m) range.

Edited by DeeHawk, 20 May 2017 - 04:28 AM.

#493 billyyank

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

I just installed Fire Control and made a profile for my RFL-3C with 4 AC/2s. It works fine except that it will not fire weapon group 3. I had to change the firing sequence to 2,4,5,6 leaving out 3 so it would fire all cannons.It works great, but it's driving me nuts now. Why won't it fire weapon group 3? Does anyone have an idea?

#494 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:01 AM

View Postbillyyank, on 21 May 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

I just installed Fire Control and made a profile for my RFL-3C with 4 AC/2s. It works fine except that it will not fire weapon group 3. I had to change the firing sequence to 2,4,5,6 leaving out 3 so it would fire all cannons.It works great, but it's driving me nuts now. Why won't it fire weapon group 3? Does anyone have an idea?

What key did you bind to it?

#495 billyyank

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

I bound it to the right mouse button.

#496 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:26 AM

Did you unbind it in the game?

Do you have the "send key up on fire" box ticked?

#497 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

Greetings.

So i need a little help figuring this slight problem im facing.

Prior to a couple nights ago i used to run fire control and my 8ac2 whale as follows.

1,2,3,4,5,6 @ 110ms

Groups 1 and 6 and 2 AC2's in each, groups 2,3,4,5 had 1 in each. total all 8 AC2's across 6 weapon groups.

The result was 20 seconds of sustained fire in forest colony testing grounds resulting in 230 roudns fired , thats 460 dmg. So 23 DPS.

Now an interesting point if found is that if i tried 109ms, the rapid fire failed, it would try to fire to fast for the CD. If i tried 111ms, i lost dps and went down to 21.74DPS.

A couple nights ago i very good chap happend to tell me how to fire all 8 AC2's in succession without the need to double up AC's in 1 group.

heres how.
Set all 6 weapon groups to all 8 weapons and set them all to chain fire in game.
Set fire control to CD / 8 , so 86ms delay
use 1,2,3,4,5,6 as key rotation.
Result, perfect stream of ac2 rounds.
BUT
In testing, i fire for 25 second, using 272 rounds, thats 544 dmg and 21.78 DPS

using the ingame alpha strike key i tested what dps i should be getting and got 23 DPS. So i know the setups is capable of 23dps.

Any idea why im loosing DPS even though the ac2's r fireing as fast as they can in succession. ?

if i try 78ms or faster the fire rate fails, if i try anything 95ms or slower, then DPS drops off enterily
So 79ms to 94ms gives the same result 21.76 DPS.

Unlike my previous setup i cant seem to find the sweet spot (109ms failed 111ms failed, 110ms was perfect)
Theoreticaly my previous setup should have needed a delay of 115.6 MS but 110ms was what i needed.
Now theoreticaly i should be using 86.25ms.

i really wanna have a nice even stream of ac2 rounds. But loosing DPS is a tough pill to swallow considering dps builds r alreayd gimped as hell vs alpha meta.

I've got a feeling the sweet spot might be between 79 and 78 ms ..but firecontrol and/or mwo wont work with 0785ms or 78.5ms in the delay box.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 21 May 2017 - 09:40 AM.

#498 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 21 May 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

i really wanna have a nice even stream of ac2 rounds. But loosing DPS is a tough pill to swallow considering dps builds r alreayd gimped as hell vs alpha meta.

It's going to be REALLY hard to get as high a DPS in a rapid fire link as you can firing large groups. AC2's scatter a LOT during game play and that will really hamper your DPS, and no matter how fast you cycle through 8 cannons you're not going to be able to put as much iron in the air as you can firing them all at once at cool down. If you really want to maximize your deliverable DPS you need to isolate them into two groups and cycle back and forth at cooldown.

Here's an example I'm measuring right now with my 6x AC2 King Crab.

Alpha for 20 seconds: 396 damage
Cycling left/right arms at cooldown for 20 seconds: 402 damage
6x cycling at 125ms for 20 seconds: 312 damage

I used a click timer to get my counts, BUT I think between the alpha and cycling two groups it let one more volley in. Alpha and cycling large groups should get the same DPS. I LOVE machine-gunning my AC2's but the only time it's worth anything is if I need to block my target's line of sight. If I'm in a hot spot and need to make room I can cover two or three bogies head units with rapid fire and give myself a little breathing room. I can also pepper an area at range to help a friendly. If I got a friendly at 1500m struggling with a light or something I can pepper the entire area, which makes everyone run for cover, and even if I get my comrade I'll do very little damage to him.

Rapid firing AC2's is almost entirely an enemy suppression tool or a means to keep up your fire and avoid heat.

#499 ArmageddonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Interms of 'real world' game play ..yes it spreads DPS, but for pure testing purposes, firing ac2's 1 after the other in rapid succession should give the exact same dps as firing them all at once.

Anyway i've just done another test.
I added all CD nodes in the skill tree and tested rapid fire. Got 21.76 DPS

I took all Cd nodes off and tested rapid fire. Got 21.76 DPS.

Thats regardless of how fast or slow i set firecontrol between 79ms and 94ms inclusive.

Meaning if ur gunna using firecontrol for 8x rapid fire ac2's ..forget using skillpoints for CD in the skill tree.

Unless som1 knows how to fix this issue.

So what iv done for now is use the minimum amount of SP to get both ammo capacity nodes, and dumped the extra into other areas. No point in using SP for CD on sub 1 second CD weapons if the game itself ..or firecontrol isnt accurate enough the handle millisecond timings.

Edited by ArmageddonKnight, 21 May 2017 - 10:15 AM.

#500 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 21 May 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

Interms of 'real world' game play ..yes it spreads DPS, but for pure testing purposes, firing ac2's 1 after the other in rapid succession should give the exact same dps as firing them all at once.

Well, in the real world, doing the math on paper, it should equate the same. In game, it doesn't. I've never sorted out whether it was a quirk of the gun or if there's just some kind of math I don't know about at play. I was answering what works best in the game.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users