No replies to this topic

#1 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'd like to hear from anyone on the West Coast that has their signal routed thru Palo Alto to Chicago to Toronto, first via Tata Communications (as6453.net) and then via Internap (pnap.net). I'm on Comcast businesss, which runs fine until it hands off the relay to Tata in Palo Alto, and from there things go downhill and I am getting frequent disconnects from MWO due to packet loss. I generally crash back down to the mechlab, but my mech is stuck in game and I can't get back in.

Let me know if you're seeing or experiencing the same with this particular route, and maybe we can all write in to Tata and Internap to see if they can resolve the issue, or if it's an issue where Comcast only purchased so much bandwidth from Tata. My understanding is that if they are suddenly short on bandwidth, it takes some time to negotiate for more. I had no issues with my connection up until about the second to the last patch a couple weeks ago, but then I realized that it was also the start of summer, and a lot more kids now have free time to get online and soak up bandwidth.

Here's a typical pingplotter result for me with 20 total pings:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users