#1 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIn your blind spot

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

Edited by YellowDragon, 09 July 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#2 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

I can understand how this would help with FPS spikes, but how is limiting your maximum FPS suppose to increase your FPS?

#3 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

#4 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:02 PM

ok, so for someone with massive lag spikes, this program my help their gaming experience, but for someone who has a computer that struggles to play this game 15 fps, this program isn't going to do crap for them as it does absolutely nothing to increase a system's FPS. Don't lie when you try to endorse something, it destroys your credibility

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

On the FPS cap, this would be helpful for those who, utilizing a monitoring program, the game is maxing out the GPU at 100%, be it in full screen or windowed mode. Setting a lower FPS cap, thus reducing the workload on the GPU (and the heat/power pull) a player could get a more steady FPS instead of it yo-yo up and down due to the the card throttling itself due to the heat/etc.

Thus a user could use this instead of editing the user.cfg to cap the FPS. That would be the suggestion I would give a player. There are a few players who capped their FPS with user.cfg or with the power management tool for that very reason.

The sad part is allowing MWO to have full access to the GPU (Full Screen), with the FPS ranging from 100 to 180 FPS (I5 4.2 w/ATI 7950), the changing FPS is noticeable and irritable, never mind the increase heat and power generation.

I do not see anything that says it will increase the FPS, simply it will improve it, stabilize it. That is at least my take on it.

#6 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

#7 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

you didn't mention frame times or frame latency in your OP, but you clearly said, and I quote

Now anytime you play Mechwarrior Online Start up Radeon Pro in the background and watch your frames inside the game, you should notice higher maximums and smaller spikes from high to low framerates.

This program will not increase your maximum FPS, and that is exactly one of the claims you made about this program. And yes, it definitely damages your credibility.

Oh, and if your comments about getting 15 fps and the other lines of thought you mentioned in your post are about me, trust me, I'm not one of those guys.

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 07 July 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#8 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Edited by YellowDragon, 09 July 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#9 Barbaric Soul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

RadeonPro: AMD Radeon™ Unleashed

Radeon Profile Tool, or RadeonPro for short, is a free, user friendly utility designed to unleash the power of AMD™ Radeon™ video graphics cards. RadeonPro applies user defined profiles upon game start, just define once the desired 3D settings for each game and have all those settings applied every time you play, automatically! Featuring basic 3D controls found on Catalyst Control Center plus exclusive controls like advanced V-Sync control and post-processing based anti-aliasing like SMAA, RadeonPro can help on fine tuning of your games making them look better and also feel better and smoother through the use of Dynamic V-sync Control (DVC) and Dynamic Frame rate Control (DFC). RadeonPro can also help Crossfire users to force multi-GPU utilization in games not supported by the driver, improving your games performance with a few clicks. Other exclusive RadeonPro Features include support for OSD functions making possible to monitor your system with GPU information displayed right on your screen while you are gaming. You can also take screenshots or record Movies of your games with the press of a key to register your gaming moments, benchmark your games, apply post processing effects like SMAA, FXAA, Ambient Occlusion and SweetFX with full support for 64-bit games. All in one free tool! Sounds good? Download RadeonPro now and take your games to the next level! - See more at: http://www.radeonpro...h.dVJNFjo8.dpuf

Dynamic V-sync Control (DVC) Dynamic V-sync Control or DVC feature dynamically turns display vertical synchronization on or off based on sustained frame rate vs. display’s refresh rate. When DVC is on, RadeonPro monitors frame rate in real time and when it is equal or greater than display’s refresh rate (e.g. 60 Hz), v-sync is kept on to avoid tearing and improve gaming smoothness, whereas when sustained frame rate is below display’s refresh rate, v-sync is turned off to reduce stuttering. Keep in mind some tearing can be visible while v-sync is off. Like DFC, DVC can also be turned on and off with the press of a key. - See more at: http://www.radeonpro...h.VLG2549o.dpuf

Dynamic Frame rate Control (DFC) Dynamic Frame rate Control feature or DFC allows for real time control of maximum rendered frames displayed per second. DFC is aimed at providing smoother gameplay by limiting the maximum displayed frames per second for games whose frame latency vary too much, for example, if a game is keeping frame rate between 50 and 80 FPS, you can set a limit of 45 FPS and enjoy a smoother experience thanks to more stable frame latency. Even if the game is capable to deliver 60 FPS, DFC set to 60 FPS as target can also help by smoothing the frame latency, try titles like Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, the stuttering seem on those games with plain V-sync is removed by using DFC + V-sync on. The target frame rate can be changed in real time without leaving your game. Just press the hotkeys assigned to DFC control, by default the keys are CONTROL+Insert to increase target and CONTROL+Delete to decrease target. DFC doesn’t remove screen tearing so if you want to avoid tearing, either turn V-sync always on in RadeonPro Tweaks tab or use your in-game v-sync option. Like DVC, DFC can also be turned on and off with the press of a key. See also: Dynamic V-sync Control (DVC) - See more at: http://www.radeonpro...h.XLuaHjun.dpuf

Please show me somewhere in all that text that says anything about higher maximum OR minimum FPS. All this program does is limit the amount of FPS spikes a person may experience. It does not increase max FPS, it does not increase min FPS.

Look, I'm not trying to be a Richard here, but you keep saying things about this program that just aren't true. Just say what the program does, don't try to add anything to it. As long as you continue to misrepresent this program, I will continue to correct you.

Now something that might be worth checking into is what is said about using crossfire with games that don't support crossfire.

RadeonPro can also help Crossfire users to force multi-GPU utilization in games not supported by the driver, improving your games performance with a few clicks

Edited by Barbaric Soul, 08 July 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#10 Lumunix

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

You know what, I give up,just forget it, not going to even bother, I'm just deleting all my posts and calling it a day.Im not going to debate a subject where you only have the source site or play grammar warrior, go read tomshardware and Pcper or how about linustechtips, or hexus, they will be more then happy to give you extensive benchmarks on the subject.

Mods if your reading this, please just close this topic, thanks.

Edited by YellowDragon, 09 July 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#11 Qrbaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

radeonpro is highly unstable. It messed my drivers up and pulled black screen with mouse cursor on me. That required me to reinstall drivers and stuff. Anyone that have frame spikes i sugest to use diferent video drivers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users