Assess Logitech Attack 3

3 replies to this topic

#1 Lucilius

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

So I have gathered much info on joysticks where MWO is concerned from the thread I started: http://mwomercs.com/...90#entry2514790

However, my country being what it is it seems that SAITEK joysticks are nowhere to be found here.

Alas, my dilemma.

But there is one probable joystick that is ambidextrous and can be purchased here: the Logitech ATTACK 3.

Logitech has discontinued manufacturing this product, as evidenced in its non-existence in the Logitech website. Plus it may soon be defunct and cannot be used by the latest Windows OSes.

Other than that, it also do not have a twisting stick.

Mind you I still have the old Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro, but I can no longer use it it being a serial gameport device, and I feel that the Logitech ATTACK 3 is going the way of the MS Sidewinder 3D Pro software-wise.

I am posting this triviality because I want to know what your take is on the Logitech ATTACK 3, and if there are any actual ATTACK 3 joystick mechpilots out there.

Edited by Lucilius, 07 July 2013 - 07:07 AM.

#2 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

https://encrypted.go...+to+USB+adapter

There is no reason to let lack of a native port stop you from using your peripheral joystick.

Edit:

I used Google as a general reference because I was not sure which country you are in, and figured that would give you the best spread of finding a retailer that will ship to your stretch of reality.

Edited by Sen, 07 July 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#3 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Just cave and get the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It works just fine for MW:O. I use it.

#4 Lucilius

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 07 July 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

Just cave and get the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It works just fine for MW:O. I use it.

If I were a crab, my right claw would be ubber-big while my left would be puny.

I'd like to use my left for joystick use, as even my ENTIRE LEFT SIDE of my body seems to just "ride along" the strength of my right side. That's from the center of my spine all the way to the left. So, I'd like joystick use to be assigned to my left side.

View PostSen, on 07 July 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

https://encrypted.go...+to+USB+adapter

There is no reason to let lack of a native port stop you from using your peripheral joystick.

Edit:

I used Google as a general reference because I was not sure which country you are in, and figured that would give you the best spread of finding a retailer that will ship to your stretch of reality.

Well, you see, there are usb to serial cables. But usb to serial gameport cables? Rarer than diamonds. And even if you do get the cable, getting the OS to properly identify the peripheral is another hurdle.

Also, if the item plus shipping costs around the price of a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro...kinda defeats the purpose.

Edited by Lucilius, 12 July 2013 - 08:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users