• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

Greetings,
I have a problem with my Logitech G700.
Every 4th-6th click is a doubleclick.. It's kinda of annoying, while playing or while doing other stuff on the computer. My first attempt was to exchange the first mouse with a new one. New G700, old problems.

Google gave me the information that it may is a software issue > Format :C > New OS, new try..
Problem is still freakkin' me out.

Anyone got an idea how to solve this?

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

Maybe there is some dirt stuck underneath the plastic cover over the actual trigger of the mousebutton ?
Try blowing it out, using your vaccum or some pc-grade canned compressed air to get rid of it lest you are tech-savvy and want to open the chassis of your mouse to have a proper look at the triggers to confirm they are dirt free and working as intended.

Other than that I could only think of lowering double-click sensitivity in the windows mouse options or using vanilla microsoft os-implemented standard mousedriver, an older or even a modified mousedriver (if there are such things).

Hope that helps.

Edited by Rad Hanzo, 11 July 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#3 Enyxia

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 11 July 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Maybe there is some dirt stuck underneath the plastic cover over the actual trigger of the mousebutton ?
Try blowing it out, using your vaccum or some pc-grade canned compressed air to get rid of it lest you are tech-savvy and want to open the chassis of your mouse to have a proper look at the triggers to confirm they are dirt free and working as intended.

Other than that I could only think of lowering double-click sensitivity in the windows mouse options or using vanilla microsoft os-implemented standard mousedriver, an older or even a modified mousedriver (if there are such things).

Hope that helps.

This. I've had this problem countless times and it was almost always attributed to something like hairs from my dogs or my own head, or bread crumbs messing with the trigger connection for the left button.

A couple of times the internal mechanism was simply worn out due to prolonged use, but I'm not sure if that could be the case here with a brand new mouse.

#4 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

This is what I found through Google;

http://logitech-en-e...en-i-click-once

Either that, or your mouse is just a bit old and "used". Sometimes, the sensor or the sensor trigger just get too used to report the correct data (Sensor is not fully pressed while clicking for instance which might cause the sensor to switch between pressed and not pressed in quick succession).

This is what is happening to my mouse currently. There are a few Youtube DIY fixes for this particular problem (mostly open up the mouse and glue a piece of paper on the sensor to raise it a bit closer to the trigger).

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 11 July 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#5 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostEnyxia, on 11 July 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

[...]
A couple of times the internal mechanism was simply worn out due to prolonged use, but I'm not sure if that could be the case here with a brand new mouse.

Since I'm not the only one with that problem, I don't think it would help (beside that, if I try it my mouse explodes).

#6 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hmm, interesting issue.

If you have autohotkey installed, try the following script:

~LButton::
Tooltip, DOWN
soundplay, *16
return

~LButton up::
Tooltip, UP
return

What this does is set a tooltip each time you press or release the mouse button. In addition, when it detects a mouse down event, it plays a "dong" noise.
What I suspect may be happening is there is a problem with your copy of windows or something that is preventing from some key UP commands being sent. So when you hit the button (sending a down event), if the application has not seen a key up since the last press, it treats it as a double click.

This script is designed to investigate when key up and down events get received.

Oh, and if you want a less intrusive test script that can monitor if the same number of keyups are received as keydowns whilst playing a game, then let me know, I could write that easily.

Edited by evilC, 11 July 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#7 Buenaventura Durruti

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationsomewhere in space

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

yeah, guess that´s it. or check out mouse settings in windows, double-click-speed and such stuff...

got me the rat7 mmo (had the rat7 before) and its....like walking on waved while drunk and with 4 hot chicks in the arm <_<

#8 Qrbaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

I have 3 or four mices laying around. And when doubleclick anoyance comes i simply solder new button on it from extra mices i have laying around. Problem solved. It can hapen even on new mouse. I had Logitech g500 or something and it started in couple of weeks so i used my warranty to get new one B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users